Status: in progress

Lonely Without You

Talk To Me, I'm Torn

Elizabeth and I spent a few hours at the boutique before we decided to head back to our apartment. We’d need a lot of time to get ready for our dinner at the boy’s apartment at 8. I ended up making my hair have loose wavy curls and left my long bangs down. I didn’t want to dress up too much, but I figured I’d have to wear something other than shorts and a t-shirt. I settled on a pair dark wash skinny jeans with a navy lace tank top and black suede boots. I finished it off with a gold ring and bracelet. I was ready for this. I could do this.
We drove to their apartment in silence. Elizabeth didn’t know what to say, and in all honesty, there was nothing she could say to make it better. She grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze as I knocked on the door.
“Coming!” I heard Nick scream from inside. My stomach did a nervous flip. The door opened and there stood Nick, looking better than he normally did. “Hey,” he said shyly. I gave a weak smile as we walked in. “You look good, Annabelle. I didn’t get to tell you that earlier, but you do.”
“Thanks, so do you.” I mumbled as Halvo and the rest of boys came over to great us. I heard Nick sigh as I was engulfed in hugs from the other.
The dinner was awkward to say the least. Of course the boys made Nick and I sit by each other. We didn’t make much small talk, but we didn’t ignore each other either. Once dinner was over Halvo asked us to stay and hang out for a bit. I could tell Elizabeth wanted to so I reluctantly agreed.
“So tell us all that you girls have been up to.” Garrett asked.
“Well,” Elizabeth started off, “we worked our asses off to graduate early and then we moved out here and now we’re starting our own boutique just like we always wanted to. It’s been a long and extremely tough road getting here, but we are both so excited and thankful. You guys will all have to come check it out later.”
“Why don’t we go check it out now?” Jared asked. The other boys all agreed and seemed very excited about it.
“I don’t see why not!” She said excited as well. This boutique was our pride and joy and we couldn’t wait to show it off.
The boys piled into Halvo and Elizabeths car. There ran out of room before Nick and I could fit into a car. “Oh, you guys can drive my car, I hope that’s okay.” John said as he tossed Nick his keys. I gave him an evil look as both cars drove off. They had obviously planned this. The boutique was only 10 minutes away by car, so I assumed I could make it through the car ride and kill them all when we got there.
“I’m really sorry,” Nick said, “I didn’t know they planned this.” He gave me a sympathetic look.
“It’s fine. Let’s just go.” I replied.
We walked to John’s truck in silence. It isn’t supposed to be like this. I thought to myself. We’ve never been uncomfortable with each other before. We always had something to say.
Nick put the key in John’s ignition and turned it. It didn’t start.
“You’ve got to be fucking kidding me.” Nick said in an angry tone.
“What’s happening?” I asked, avoiding eye contact.
“The battery is dead.” He said in the same angry tone. “They planned this. They took Halvo’s car because we share it and they took Elizabeth’s car because you guys share it.” He sighed.
“I’ll call John.” I said with a sigh as I got out of the car.

“Hellllloo?” John said as he answered his phone.
“What the fuck are you thinking?” I yelled.
“You know perfectly well what we are all thinking. You two need to talk. You won’t do it by yourselves. This is the only way. I’m sorry we blind sided you like this, but we didn’t have a choice.” He said trying to call me down.
“John, you realize what you are doing to me right?” I yelled in a whisper so Nick wouldn’t hear. “I can’t do this. I’m not ready for this. Please don’t make me do this.” My voice cracked.
I heard John sigh on the other line. “Fine, I’ll be right back with Halvo’s car. Nick’s gonna be upset you won’t talk to him, you know?”
“Well I can’t talk to him John, you of all people know that.” My voice cracked again, I was trying to hold back tears. I was so upset at John and Elizabeth.
“Tell him the battery not working was an accident. Say we only planned for you two to ride together.” He told me.
“Okay, thanks John. This doesn’t get you off the hook though.” I said hanging up.

“John is on his way. They didn’t plan for his car not to start, they only wanted us to ride together.” I told Nick as I walked over, still not looking him in the eyes.
“Belle,” He said sighing, “Look at me.”
“Nick, I can’t,” I said, still looking at the ground.
I heard him let out a long sigh as he walked towards me. “What happened to us Belle?” He asked as John pulled up in Halvo’s car.
“Life happened Nick.” I said as I climbed in the front seat glaring at John.
♠ ♠ ♠
Annabelle's Outfit
Thank you to whoever subscribed! (:
comments/subscriptions make me happy!

ilu