Don't You Want the Way I Feel for You?

Chapter 6 part 1 Don't Chug It

“I can’t believe we’re getting ready for a party at Dianna Agron’s.” I said while I braided Lily’s hair. We’d gotten done on set around 5 after learning another dance number with Lindsay from the Glee Project, which was a tap number and wouldn’t be shot until later on. Tomorrow was an off day being that it’s a Saturday and we’d be heading back to set on Sunday.

“I can’t believe you’re going as Darren Criss’ date.”

“Lily, I’m not his date.” I said while wrapping her hair around a clear elastic. Lily had done my hair in pretty curls and I had done a side braid wrap around pony for her. The two of us actually own a lot of neon so getting ready had not been a chore. Lily had gone with a dress and I chose a crop top, jeans, and cardigan.

Autumn’s hair and outfit

http://www.polyvore.com/autumn-neon/set?id=37565316

Lily’s hair and outfit

http://www.polyvore.com/lily-neon/set?id=37565996

“Okay he said twice and I quote ‘You’re my dance partner for the night’ pretty sure you’re his date.”

“Stop okay I don’t want to think about it like that.” I said while spraying my perfume.

“Why not?”

“Because, I don’t want to get my hopes up over something like that.”

“Autumn, stop. Seriously don’t think about anything at all. We’re young, we look hot, it’s Friday night, I’m of legal drinking age and we’re going to a Glee dance rave. Get freaking pumped woman!”

I laughed at Lily’s little speech and grabbed my gladiators out of the closet. I heard my phone vibrate on the dresser.

“Text message?” I asked

Lily picked up my phone and unlocked the screen, “Yeah”

“From who?”

“I dunno it’s a number that’s not in your phone.”

“That’s weird, here gimme it.”

Lily tossed me my phone and I opened the text from the mystery number.

“I’m ringing the doorbell in 3..2..1…”

DING

I looked up from my phone at Lily, “What the fuck this is scary.”

“Go see who it is!”

“Thanks Lil there could be a murderer at our door but no worries I’ll go.”

“Okay!” she said while dusting blush on her cheeks.

I walked slowly to the front door and it rang again before I could reach it. I looked through the little peephole but the person had their thumb over the door so I couldn’t see who it was. I looked to the left and saw Lily’s big umbrella leaning against the wall. I grabbed the umbrella and held it ready to strike the possible maniac who was standing on the other side of the door. The doorbell rang again, I held my breath and slowly opened the door.

“Hey! I was ju- um what up Mary Poppins?”

I let out a sigh of relief and put the umbrella down.

“Shut up! You scared the shit out of me.” I opened the door the rest of the way and there our “murderer” stood in the form of Darren. I motioned for him to come inside.

“I’m sorry! Dianna gave me your number and I got the address from Lily’s Mom. Oh my god small fluffy animal!” Darren exclaimed and went running into the kitchen. Our little caramel maltipoo Ally had scampered around the corner to see what the excitement was. Darren got right down on the floor and started patting his leg to get her attention.

“C’mere baby, c’mere!” Darren cooed at her. Ally ran over to Darren and jumped right in his lap. He was scratching her ears while Ally happily licked his face.

“So I take it you’re a dog person?” I chuckled and sat down next to him on the floor.

“Yes oh my god I love dogs. And this one is so cute what’s its name?”

“Her name is Ally and she’s the little princess of this apartment.” I laughed

“She’s adorable I want to steal her.”

“She seems to really like you.” I smiled, “Lily’s parent’s dog had puppies so we got to keep her we’ve had her for almost a year now. She’s such a good little dog so well behaved and it was so easy to train her.”

“Well you better keep an eye on her or I will legitimately steal her.”

“She’ll cry if you take her. She wuvs us too much.” I said while nuzzling my face into her soft fur.

Darren chuckled and said, “Fair enough. You girls ready to go?”

“Are you taking us?”

“Well I can, I figured since you’d never been there before and I legit live down the street from Dianna.”

“So you drove all the way here just to drive back home?”

“Well, it’s only like ten minutes and I wanted to make sure you girls got there okay.”

I smiled at him, “Well aren’t you sweet.” I got up off the floor and called into Lily’s room.

“Lil! Are you ready?”

“Um…yes?”

“You sound uncertain?” I laughed at her

“Well I’m still thinking about this outfit I’m not sold on it. You guys go ahead I’ll drive myself.”

“Are you sure, Lily? We can wait for you it’s no problem.” Darren said.

I knew what Lily was doing, she was trying to get me some alone time with Darren. I’m not sure if I should hug her or kill her.

“Um no no, you guys go ahead I’ll catch up with you there.”

“Okay then, uh let me just go get my bag.” I said. I walked into my room and picked up my purse and spritzed myself with my perfume. I walked back into the kitchen and saw Darren looking at our refrigerator.

“You were so cute!” Darren said looking up at me.

“Oh God, there are pictures of me from kindergarten up to now on there.”

“Should we get going?” he asked.

“Yeah, let’s go.”

Darren and I walked out my front door to head to Dianna’s. Darren’s black Ford Escape was parked in our driveway and he hurried over to the passenger side to open my door for me. Aw he’s such a gentleman.

“Well look at that, he’s got manners.” I teased.

“Chivalry is not dead m’lady.” Darren said with a deep bow. I laughed and got inside the car and Darren shut the door behind me. He walked around the front of the car and got in on the driver’s side. He went to put the key in the ignition but he stopped and started sniffing the car.

“Is that…is that you?” he asked looking over at me.

I smiled and said, “Yeah I guess so.”

“You smell like I can’t even describe it. If heaven was in a bottle it would smell like that. I’m officially addicted. What do you wear?”

“It’s Daisy by Marc Jacobs.”

Darren started the engine and put the car in reverse. He placed his hand on my head rest and turned in his seat to back out of the driveway.

“Well, you smell delicious.”

I had to laugh at that, “Oh my god, I’ve had people tell me I smell nice in many ways but I’ve never been told I smell delicious before.”

“You’re delicious.” Darren said smirking.

“Get outta here that’s enough out of you.” I chuckled. I reached down and picked up a cd case off the floor and started flipping through.

“Pick whatever you want.” I looked up from the cds and over at Darren. He was staring ahead at the road. I couldn’t help but notice how handsome he was. His arms were toned and muscular as was his chest stomach and back. He looked so cute in a purple v-neck and his ripped light wash jeans. I had trouble taking my eyes off him. Darren looked over at me when he noticed I was staring.

“What?” he said smiling

“Nothing…I just..I like your shirt.” I said

“You were starin at meeeeee”

“Don’t flatter yourself.” I said sarcastically, I through in a dramatic eye roll.

“Look, Autumn, there is a simple solution for this debate.”

“And that is?”

Darren started singing at the top of his lungs,

“Oh if you want my body and you think I’m sexy come on sugar let me know. If you really need me just reach out and touch me come on honey tell me so, tell me so baby.”

I didn’t even know how to respond .I tried to glare at him but I couldn’t do it. He looked over at me and started wiggling his eyebrows and I lost it.

“You think you’re pretty cool don’t you?” I said sticking my tongue out at him.

“It depends what day it is.” He shrugged his shoulders.

I laughed and sat back against my seat. I still can’t wrap my mind around this, I mean it’s not a big deal or anything. I’m just in Darren Criss’ car on the way to a party at Dianna Agron’s house. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to this.

Darren turned on to a finely manicured street with good size villas. He looked over at me and said,

“This is my neighborhood. I live like 5 houses down from Dianna. So I’m just gonna park at my house and we can walk down. That cool with you?”

“Oh yeah that’s fine.”

Darren parked his car in front of his house and I unbuckled my seatbelt. I opened to door and walked around to meet Darren. The two of us took the short walk to Dianna’s and Darren rang the doorbell. It was almost 9:45 and we could hear the music blasting inside Dianna’s. The door opened and there stood Chris dressed head to toe in orange and yellow neon.

“Heyyyyyyyy! Join the partayyyyyyy.” Chris grabbed my hand and pulled me inside with Darren right behind me. It was obvious that things were in full swing already and Chris was red cup happy.

“You look awesomeeee” Chris slurred at me

“Thanks” I laughed “What have you been up to? Getting in trouble?”

“Always!” Chris yelled and then downed his cup.

“You want to get something to drink?” Darren asked me over the music. We had reached the main party hub and there were black lights, streamers, strobe lights, and people everywhere dancing to a techno remix of Only Girl in the World.

“Yeah sounds good!” I said back. I detached myself from Chris who hardly seemed to notice and followed Darren into the kitchen. Lea Michelle was sitting on one of the counters red cup in hand talking to Dianna and Amber.

“Darbear!!!” she squealed. Lea hopped down off the counter and made her way over to Darren.

“We were wondering where you were! But now you’re here don’t you just love parties?!”

It was clear that Lea was already very tipsy and so were Amber and Dianna. The two of them were giggling hysterically as Lea swayed back and forth in front of Darren.

“Hey girls. Everyone having fun?” Darren chuckled.

All three of them raised their cups in the air and yelled “YEAHHHHHHHH!!”

“Wait wait wait wait I know you!” Lea said poking me in the side.

“Um I don’t think so. We haven’t met yet.” I laughed

“But I KNOW youuuu” she said putting her arm around me, “Dianna said um she said you are a new dancer! And you danced with Darren and now he likes you.”

I looked over at Darren who was just shaking his head and pouring spiced rum into his cup.

“But what’s my name?” I said to Lea

“It’s when the leaves change color!” Amber said

“AUTUMN! Your name is Autumn! See I told you, I told you I know you.” Lea said with a pleased smile on her face.

“We’re gonna go dance now, see you two later!” Dianna said. She started making her way to the living room with Lea and Amber following behind her.

“Looks like the Glee kids know how to party.” I said looking in the direction the girls just went.

“Yea we don’t do it very often but when we do we don’t mess around.” Darren said taking a sip from his drink.

“What is that?” I asked.

“Oh I’m boring it’s just rum and coke.”

“A classic.”

“You want one?”

“Hmm let me look at what Dianna has. Oh she has coconut rum, shit gimme the pineapple juice.” I said motioning to the bottle next to Darren. He handed me the bottle of juice and I poured a generous amount into my cup and then put in the rum.

“Wait I can make that better.”

“Really?”

“Yeah I used to bartend in college. Let me see what she has, oh awesome she’s got everything. Shit Dianna went all out.” He chuckled. Darren grabbed a bottle of peach Schnapps and added that to my cup. He was about to pour in a bottle that said Tuaca on it but I stopped him.

“What is that?” I asked. I need to know what I’m drinking.

“Tuaca? It’s a citrus liquor but you taste vanilla more than the orange.”

“Yum”

“Okay this is a sipping drink don’t chug it or you’ll be out in thirty minutes.”