Status: slow updates

Ice

Make that Nursery Your Bitch

You want to know what the worst awakening is?
Waking up to screaming. And no, not girly oh-my-god-it's-Justin-Bieber screaming. 
Man screaming. 

I shot out of bed, not even registering the fact that Kris wasn't in bed as well, and I ran down the hall, toward the source of the screaming. 

What I saw was even more confusing. 

There were Staal brothers in my kitchen. 

Jordan, Eric, and Jared Staal were wrestling....in my kitchen. 

I looked dazed over to where Kris stood leaning against the counter, and shook my head. 

Eric had Jordan in a headlock, and Jared had his body wrapped around Eric's legs, trying to pull him down. 

And Sidney Crosby sat at the table, laughing. 

" QU'EST-CE QUI SE PASSÉ???!!" I yelled. 
(what is going on?)
The wrestling stopped. 

All three Staal stood, brushing themselves off with wide eyes, and Sid stopped his unusual man giggle. 

Kris gulped," Good Morning, Ma femme"

I glared at him. 
" Boys. What are you doing?"

Jordan grinned," Sorry we woke you up, Mama Bear. Didn't mean to get out of hand, but Eric started it so-"

" - Did not you fucking twerp-"
" -Oh yeah you did! You hit me first!"

" Boys!" I yelled again, getting thoroughly aggravated. 

I held up my hand, and then zeroed in on Eric and Jared. 

" What are you two doing here?"

Kris cleared his throat," We play them tomorrow, and they flew in early to help set up the nursery" he grinned, making my heart melt. 

All of the sudden my emotions took a huge swing, and I started crying. 

I don't even know why. 

I felt Kris wrap his arms around me and my body shook with sobs. 

" Whats wrong with her!!" I heard the voice of TK say as he came into view, box of donuts in hand. 

Eric just shook his head,"Mood swings. Happened all the time with Tanya. Good luck, Letang."

Kris just chuckled, placing a kiss on my head and calming me down. 

" Thank *sniff* you guys so much * sniff* this means a lot!" I finally calmed down, and let out a hiccup. 

" God I'm such a mess" I grumbled, wiping the years off my face. 

Sidney came up and patted me on the shoulder," Nah, you're fine. We get it. How's the baby by the way? Do you know what it is?"

I shared a look with Kris, who shrugged. 

" Good. He's good. No, don't know yet, but I'll find out next week at my check up. " I answered, rubbing the swiftly growing swell of my womb. 

" If it's a girl, god help her" Jared said, bringing my attention to the youngest Staal. 

" Why?" I asked, confused. I walked around the corner and sat down on a barstool at the counter, taking the water bottle Kris handed me. 

" Well, just think of all the uncles she's gonna have being over protective. That would suck. Makes me glad we don't have a sister to worry about." He explained. 

All three Staal brothers shuddered. I smiled. 

" Well, I want a little boy anyway. Always have. " 

Kris wrapped his arms around me and rested his head atop mine. 

"Good! You can name him Tyler!" TK voiced, making us all laugh. 

Honestly I forgot he was here, and when I looked over, I found the reason he had kept quiet;

He had been eating the donut. 

" Hey!" Jordan  yelled," Dont eat them all, dickwad!" 

The baby subject was forgotten as all the guys seemed to charge toward the Krispy Kreme box, hovering over it. 

I took the moment to take a deep breath and look around. 

This is my family now. 
And I love it. 

" Am I allowed to help with the nursery?" I asked hopefully. 

All at the same time they chorused, " No"

I pouted, running a hand through my growing hair. 

It was getting quite long now. 

" No, mon amour, you just relax. Julia is on her way to keep you company. I don't want you straining yourself..,besides, you need your rest....Maman and Pere's flight comes in tonight." Kris warned, making my eyes go wide and the guys chuckled. 

" Finally meeting the in-laws, eh?" Eric grinned," Bit late don't you think?" 

I rolled my eyes, tossing the water bottle at him, and landing it on his shoulder. 

He jumped," Hey now! Tanger, control your wife!" 

Kris just shrugged, mouth full of jelly donut, " What do you expect? You deserved it. "

But it came out more like " Hut chu eu spec, eu eserv di" 

I sighed, climbing off the stool and stretching, the hem of Kris's practice shirt raising on my bump. 

" I'll let you men do your manly things. I'm taking a shower" I kisses Kris on the cheek and squealed as I felt him smack my ass. 

I spun around, playfully glaring. 
As I walked away I heard a couple groans and a snicker. 

Then Kris's voice said," What? She got pregnant for a reason. Can't control myself!"

I giggled, walking into the bedroom and shutting the door behind me. 

###############

Kris POV, after Aury's figure disappeared, I spun and looked to the guys. 

" So let's get started?" I asked, rubbing my hands together. 

" Yeah! Let's get it done. What's first?" Sid asked. 

I lead them all down the hall and into the now empty game room. 

I pointed to the paint cans in the corner. 

" The walls are gonna be green. Aury wanted to do a jungle theme. So painting first. Rollers are in the corner." I instructed. 

Between the six of us, it didn't take long to paint, but the issue was between TK and Jared, who wanted to play with the paint, and fling it at eachother. 

" Really?" I laughed, seeing them covered in drying paint," You look like uhhh, what is it, Shrek! Yes. The ogre!" 

I heard a more feminine laugh. 
" More like a damn jolly green giant. "
Jules stood in the doorway, and I saw Sid smile out of the corner of my eye. 

I have her a small wave. 
" Aury is in the bedroom. I told her she's not allowed to help. Maybe you two can watch movies or something, Oui?"

She nodded, eyeing the mess we had made. 
" Better clean that up before she sees!" she commented, walking off. 

Gronk, TK, and I turned to look at Sid. 

He rose an eyebrow," What?! Leave it alone, guys, geez!" 

Eric and Jared shared a look. 
" We missing something?" Eric asked. 

Jordan cackled," That's Captains little girlfriend. Caught them nearly fucking in Flower and Vero's kitchen last night." he informed. 

The two Staals let out a third grade " Oooooohhhh" 

Sid rolled his eyes. " Whatever. Let's just clean this up and put together the crib. " 

I laughed under my breath, "Ai Ai, captain. "

###############

Many hours later, we stood in the completed Nursery, observing our day's work. 

The walls had dried, the furniture set up, the changing table on one side and the rugs on the floor. 

We put up the shelves and curtains and stuffed animals, and I got Eric to put away all the  baby clothes we got the other day into the dresser. 

" Damn. We are good!" Tyler yelled. 

I gave him a high five. 
" Oui. Oui. Someone go get the girls. Tell them we're done."

Sid nodded, walking out the door. 

I look to the Staals and TK. 
" Will you stay for dinner? It's getting late, and Aury is a fabulous cook." 

Jared snorted," C'mon, Tanger. We'd never turn down free food. " 

I smiled, nodding. 
Then I heard a gasp. 

I turned to see Aury and Jules walking into the room. 

Aury had her hands over her mouth, shocked. 

" Mon Dieu. " she whispered. " Il est tres manifique! J'aime il, Kristopher!" she cooed. 
( My god, it's magnificent. I love it)

I wrapped and arm around her shoulders and adjusted the backwards cap on my head. 
" Pretty good, Oui? Even for a bunch of hockey players?" I looked down at her, into her beautiful blue eyes. 

She shrieked, standing on her toes to give me a big kiss. 

I grinned against her lips, holding her close. 

" Damn. Even I got to admit. You made it your bitch. " Jules commented, pressed. 

Sid shook his head with a smile. 

Hope he has fun with her. 

Aury pulled away, running to each of the guys and giving them kisses on each cheek. 

" Hey Aury?" Jordan asked hesitantly, careful of her hormones," What's for dinner?"