Status: slow updates

Ice

Maman

The boys won their game that night, going into over time and pulling out with a 6-5 victory.
Many of them went out to celebrate, but Kris declined all of their offers, despite my urging, and we went home together.

" Mmm, how are you feeling?" Kris asked once we got home, sliding his arms around me from behind, resting on my stomach as we stood in the kitchen.
I leaned back against him.

" Tired, my ankles are swollen, but otherwise i'm fine. Only three months left, mon amour, and then he'll be here. " i mentioned of little Luc, still inside my womb.

Kris' hand reached under his jersey i wore and rubbed circles onto my protruding stomach. He kissed the back of my neck.

" Yes. And i can't wait to see him. To hold him."

i turned in his arms, slipping my arms up to encircle his neck. Looking into his dark eyes, i smiled.

" I just want to tell you, in case it ever goes unsaid, that i owe my life to you, Kristopher. Before you, my world had been a string of dark days and lonely, cold nights. And then you forced your way into my heart, and changed everything. Now when i close my eyes i see only flashes of love and warmth instead of pain . I gave up long ago on any chance of a family of my own, and here you have given me more than i could ever imagine. I love you so much,and i thank you. Thank you"

i leaned up quickly on my toes to kiss him before he could respond.

But he did respond - fiercely. Our mouths moved against each other passionately, and Kris held me by the hips.

He suddenly pulled away, looking deep into my eyes,
" And i thank you, ma chere, for the love and unyielding faith you put in me. I wanted nothing more from this life than to love and be loved, living contently, but you have given me so much more- so very much more. " he slid his hand down to my stomach, and mine lowered to cover his.

We stood there, in our kitchen, embracing each other and our unborn son, creating a complete circle of life that was full of love, warmth, and so many promises for the future.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

FFW 4 HOURS

I giggled, leaning more into Kris as we sat up in bed after a long bought of love-making, going through some old pictures of Kris'.

I pointed to one picture.
" Kris! Your hair, and your teeth! You were such an awkward thing!" i laughed at an image of him and his mother from his childhood.

Kris scoffed, running his hand lazily along the naked skin of my back. " I know. It was horrible. I did not grow into my ear until seventh grade, my teeth were always too big, and i let my hair get way too long. "

i picked up another Polaroid.

It was of Kris and another boy, arms thrown around each other standing beside some lake.

I glanced down to him, " Is this....." i trailed off nervously.

Kris sat up and leaned to look at the picture.

His playful look diminished, and a somber expression took over. " Yes. That's Luc. We were twelve, out at Lake DeBusseu for a summer vacation. He loved that place. I had actually planned on us going back, but-" he cut himself off, looking up to the ceiling, eyes pinched.

i ran my hand up and down his arm, trying to soothe him.

" It's alright. You don't have to talk about him. I understand. "
Kris' eyes snapped open, a new passion lighting them.

" No! I need to. i have to talk about him. I want our son to know the man who he is named for- i want to keep his memory alive. I just have to be stronger about it. "

i frowned," But you are strong. Every day, you keep his memory alive by simply remembering him. And Luc will know his namesake. You will tell stories, and he will live on in our hearts." i placed my hand on his chest.

He nodded, leaning over to kiss me.

' Let's put the pictures away, oui? We have an optional skate tomorrow, which i fully plan on skipping and sleeping in with you. It's late enough."

i lay back down with Kris and rolled onto my left side - the only comfortable position, and felt him throw and arm across me, pulling me into him.

I dug my nose into the nape of his neck and soon fell asleep, the smell of his Old Spice shampoo luring me into a deep slumber.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
##dream##

I stood in a slightly familiar place, but one i couldn't name.
it was cold, but only enough to give me a slight chill, and so i walked down the deserted street.
I soon recognized my surroundings as those of the Champs Ellessay in Paris, and stood still, wondering how i got there.

" Aury?" a quiet voice called. I turned, only to freeze in shock at what i saw.

My mother,dressed in pearls and a long fur coat walked towards me, her heels clicking on the pavement.

" Ma-maman?" i whispered, taking a step toward the apparition. " How can this be?"

" You dreamed me here, ma petite chou - Only you can answer that. Let's walk."

She held out her arm and i linked mine with it, and we walked down the Champs until we reached the park, locating to sit on a bench.

" You are expecting your first child, oui? How does that make you feel?" she asked, looking straight at me.

' Scared, nervous, happy, tired. I don't know." i shrugged, hugging my stomach.
Maman nodded.

" Yes. I remember feeling all those things with Henri, with your brother. But you will be a good mother, LeeLee. This i know."

i frowned, " How? I've never been the best person. I've done horrible tings. I don't know if i can do this."

My mother lifted my chin with her hand, making me stare into identical blue eyes- the ones she gave me.

" You have always had a big heart, Aurelie. You love too much, not too little. But this is not a fault. You will know what to do the second the child is in your arms. For the love you will feel for your child is unmatched by any other. And with a heart like yours, ma fille," she smiled, " There is no reason to worry."

i grinned with watery eyes, " Can you and Papa ever forgive me for what i did? For all of my mistakes?" i begged, holding onto her the way i did as a child.

Mother cooed, smoothing down my hair, " It was forgiven as soon as it happen, my daughter,
for we knew the young woman that you truly were- and that all of that would soon pass, as it did. And as we, your parents, had never truly treated you as you deserved, we knew that some fault fell upon us. But you have turned around, oui? Your Kristopher is truly an amazing man, isn't he?" she smirked.

i nodded my head into her coat.
" He is the best thing to ever happen to me. He saved me from myself, and i don't know if i could ever repay him."

She smiled softly down at me, kissing my forehead. " I'm sure you will find a way. "

" How?"

" Wake up, my love." she whispered.

I frowned. " What?"

" Wake up!"

###end dream##

my eyes snapped open to see Kris hovering over me with a grin. my face split to match his.

" Good morning." i whispered.

He kissed my cheek. " Good morning. You really took that sleeping in idea to heart, eh?"

"Hmm?" i asked tiredly, confused.

He chuckled "You've slept until noon, but i figured to wake you up."

My eyes widened. " Noon? that late?" i sat up, stretching as the covers fell from my naked body.

Kris smirked, " Oui. You were smiling in your sleep. Did you have good dreams?" he asked,

I grinned to myself. '' Yes. I did."

I climbed out of bed and slipped on a blue silk robe, following Kris into the kitchen, where i grabbed a glass of orange juice, sipping it slowly.

" What do you have planned for today ?" I asked. He shrugged,

" Nothing, really. I just want to be lazy. I'm not even going to put on a shirt."

i grinned, licking my lips , " That's alright."

Kris laughed, wrapping an arm around me, " My little minx. Whatever will i do with you?"

i rose an eyebrow, " Love me eternally." i answered.

He smiled, giving me a kiss, " Gladly."
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little bit of heart-warming fluff. Sorry its been so long between updates. I'm lazy