Status: slow updates

Ice

A Year Ago

Laying in bed all days without any real entertainment must be the worst form of torture ever. There's only so much TV a girl can watch, and only so many iPhone games.

It was about noon, a week into my bed rest order, and I felt like a beached wale trapped in sheets. It was difficult to get out of bed, my back hurt whenever I tired, and my ankles were too swollen to walk around anyway.

If only they would tell you about THIS kind of problems when they preach abstinence in school.

" Aury! I'm back!" I heard Kris yell from the Kitchen ad the sound of keys jangled as he threw them on the counter.

I rolled my eyes as he walked down the hall. I turned the volume up on whatever tv show was on.

" Aury? Do you want me to make you something to eat?" He asked, smiling when he walked into the room and sat next to me on the bed.

He ran his hand through my hair and kissed me on the forehead, then on my beach ball stomach.

" Yes. I am starved. But, uhm, Can you help me up? I want to walk around." I grinned cutely.

His dark eyes narrowed and he huffed, tucking his hair behind his ears.
" You're supposed to be resting, ma cher."

Oh no.

" ALL I'VE BEEN DOING FOR A WEEK IS LAYING IN THIS BED, KRISTOPHER! I WOULD LIKE TO GET UP AND WALK DOWN THE HALL! I WANT TO FEEL LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING, IS THAT OKAY WITH YOU?!?!" I screamed, holding back the tears.

His eyes widened and he nodded.

" Alright. Come on. I'm sorry." Kris helped me sit up and get my slippers on.
Slowly we got out of bed and started walking.

" Jordan and Marc are here, by the way."
My head snapped to him and I glared.

Great. They heard me screaming i'm sure.

" Whatever."i muttered.

As we turned the corner to the kitchen I could hear them whispered, standing around the island bar.
I cleared my throat and they both turned to me, grinning.

" Hey big mama. How's it going?" Jordan grinned.

I rose an eyebrow, " Well, my boobs are swollen and my tits hurt. I can't see my ankles. My back feels like it hand a cinderblock stuck to it. I can barely get out of bed and i'm not allowed to anyway. But never mind that, how are you, Staalsy?"

He pursed his lips, wincing, " I'm good. Thanks."

Marc snickered and I glared at him too, motioning for them to move so I could sit down at the bar.

" Bon matin, Marc-Andre. Qu'est-qu ce passe?" (good morning, Marc-Andre, what's going on ?)

" Rien" he smiled, shrugging. (Nothing)

" Hey now, let's keep it all in one language, yeah?" Jordan whined.

Marc, Kris, and I all looked at each other.

So for a few minutes we held a small conversation in French just to piss him off.

After a while he finally had to end it.
" Very funny, frenchies. I meant English. Let's keep it in English, kay?"

We all chuckled and Kris started pulling out some bread and meat to make sandwiches.

" Aury?" He asked, referring to my order.

I thought about it, " Un sandwich au jambon avec fromage, motard, lettuce, et tomat?"

" Aury!" Jordan yelled.

I snickered again, and just watched Kris make my sandwich.

^^^^^^^^

A few hours later, Kris and I laid in bed watching some old movies. I was laying on his chest and his arms were wrapped around me, resting on my stomach.

" You've been quiet, are you alright?" I asked Kris. I looked up to see him nod and he sighed.

" I've been....thinking."

" About what?"

" About Luc. And about our little Luc. "

I sighed, knowing the cause of this.
Turning as much as I could I looked up at him, kissing his face.

" You will be a good father, Kris. I know it. You will make Luc proud. I'm proud of you." I whispered.

He smiled a little. "And you'll be a good mom, Aurelie Letang. "

He leaned down and kissed me slowly.

I pulled away a little, " Can you or one of the boys go pick up Henri from the airport tomorrow? He's coming to Pittsburgh for a month, to be here for the baby."

He nodded, " What time?"

" 2"
" I'll pick him up. It'll be after practice. Marc might come too."

I nodded, moving to turn back to the movie, " Bring him home to me in one piece, yes?"

" Oui" He gave me another kiss.

^^^^^^^^^

The next day I was so nervous about Henri coming in town. I had to call Jules and Vero just to keep me company, and held me clean since I wasn't able to.

" I don't get why we're cleaning, Aury. He's not even staying here right? He's got a hotel?" Julia complained, around 11.

" We're cleaning because even though he wont be living here, a baby will, Julia. The house needs to be clean anyway. "

" Yes! And you wont have time to clean once little Luc is here! We better do it now!" Vero chimed in.

They were dusting and vacuuming, while I sat on the couch folding laundry.

" That's true, isn't it?" I spoke up. They both stopped to look down at me, " I won't have time for anything? I'll be running around with a baby and no one to help! Kris will be away! Henri will be here for a short while but he has a life back in France. How am I going to do this?" I panicked, letting tears fall into my lap.

These thoughts should have hit me months ago. These problems should have been solved months ago.

" Oh, Aurelie, " Vero sighed, " It will be okay. We will help you. Us girls have your back, alright? Calm down, ma sweet. It will all be fine."

I nodded, taking a few deep breaths.

Julia was watching me out the corner of her eye, " What?" I asked.

She shrugged, " Nothing. " She paused, " If we would've told you a year ago where you'd be now, would you have believed us?"

I scoffed, leaning back and rubbing my belly.

" No. Of course not....but I'm happy now. A year ago I wasn't." I smiled at them.

We all laughed.

" I'll go make some lunch." Vero said, " Any suggestions?"

" Pizza?" I asked hesitantly.
They both laughed, " Kris has corrupted you." Julia told me.

I nodded, thinking about it.
But if this is corruption, I never want to know salvation. A year ago I was miserable. I was angry and hateful and lonely. A year ago I used to cry myself to sleep and drink myself into oblivion to drown out the feeling of sorrow I had lived with since I was sixteen.

Kris saved me. He saved me from myself and this baby is a testament to that- to his love and devotion.

No, I wouldn't give this up for the world.