Status: slow updates

Ice

No need for misunderstandings

Ice 7

" Aurelie, please, where are you going?" Kris pleaded as I stormed around his bedroom, picking up my things and throwing on my clothes. 

" Je pars- est il pas evident?"
(I'm leaving, isn't it obvious?"

He frowned, climbing out of his bed, still naked as the day he was born, catching my attention momentarily before I continued. 

"  Pourqoui? Je suis confus, Aury." he asked sadly. (Why? Im confused,)
I flinched. 

" Non, Don't call me that, Kris. " I pulled my shirt on over my head and walked out of the room. 

Kris grabbed my arm, pulling me towards him as he followed me out into the hall. 

My body his his still naked form and I glared at him. 
This man surely has no problem being naked. 

" I thought- after last night, that it meant you-"

" It meant nothing. " I cut him off, his eyes widening," Nothing has changed. Last night was a mistake. Stay away from me, Kristopher. I mean it. " I yelled, throwing his borrowed jersey at him. 

I picked up my bag from the floor and walked out his front door, shutting it behind me. 

When I reached the end of his driveway I realized I had no way to get home. 

And I was not about to go back and ask Kris. 

I kept walking down his road, past all the grand and magnificent houses. 

Talk about the walk of shame. 

So I did what was necessary, and called the only person I could. 

" Ello? Whoever the fuck this is it bedda' be good" Julia mumbled on the other line. 

" Julia? I need you to come get me, s'il vous plait..."

She groaned," What? Where are you?" 

I could hear her getting out of bed and stretching. 

" Walking down Claimore avenue." I answered regretfully. 

" Naughty" she chuckled, and then I heard a thump," Stupid fucking table! When did that get there?! Alright, I'll be there in ten, just meet me at the service station up the road. You're buying me coffee."

She hung up and I huffed, ending the call. 

I walked to the end of Claimore, and looked left and right. 

Which way do I go?

I took a chance and went left. 
It proved to be the right decision as I soon came upon a small service station. 

Standing against a gas pump, I waited no more than five minutes before I heard the loud muffler of my friend's mustang. 

She pulled up next to me, braking hard. 
" Get in, hooker!" she yelled through the open window. 

I rolled my eyes, climbing in the passenger side. 

I buckled up and she peeled out, heading back down the highway. 

" So, my lovely promiscuous friend, why am I saving you from the walk of shame this early on a damn Saturday?" she joked. 

I know she's just loving this. For months she's complained about how I'm so stiff and need to loosen up and have fun. 

" Let's no talk about it." I stated. 

She smirked, " Oh, no. I want to know allllll about it. Was it the penguins boytoy? Oh! It was! Scandalous!" she squealed. 

I glared at her and her eyes softened. 

" Aurelie? Is everything okay? Did he hurt you?" she asked, the rare sentimental side showing. 

I shook my head numbly," No. I just woke up and didn't want to be there." I answered," Now, how bout that coffee?" 

She smiled, the awkward moment behind us," Caribou Coffee, coming right up!" 

********************

Kris POV

I stared in shock as she stormed our the door. 

I tossed the jersey to the couch and sat down, rubbing my face. 

What went wrong? I thought I finally got through to her. 

The phone rang and I jumped, the shrill sound startling. 

I sighed, grabbing the handset off the side table. 

" Oui?" 
" Tanger! where are you man? Are you even showing up?" Sid yelled over the phone. 
I looked at the clock. 

" Shit!" i yelled, running into the bedroom and throwing on some clothes. 

I forgot we had practice today. 

" I'm coming, I promise. I'll be there soon." I told him. 

" Yeah yeah. Don't tell me. Save it for coach. " he hung up and I gathered up my hockey bag, throwing it over my shoulder as I ran out to the car. 

I did a quick check around the street, but didn't see her. 

I hope she got a ride. 
What was I thinking letting her leave like that?!?! She had no way to get home! 

I drove quickly to the Consol, running inside to the locker room. 

I barged in to see everyone almost ready, fully geared up. 

" Tanger! Where you been? Though you were skipping!" Jordan yelled with a smirk. 

I glared, setting my stuff down at my stall and changing quickly. 

I ignored them all, but when I pulled my shirt over my head, revealing the long scratch marks on my shoulders, the chattered turned into laughter. 

" Kris, it looks like you got mauled by a bear" Fleury said to me as I pulled on my pads. 

I nodded, tucking my necklace under my under armor, keeping the cross close to my heart. 

" More like a crazy French twirl girl." Lovejoy murmured. 

The guys " Oohhed"
I sighed, rubbing my face. "Shut up. All of you. It's been a rough morning" 

" Rough night too I'll bet!" Sid added in, clapping me on the shoulder. 
They laughed.

I flinched. " Aurelie freaked out this morning. I woke up to her yelling and then she left. Walked right out. " 

" This girl, she special?" Geno asked, coming to sit beside me. The big Russian was smarter than many gave him credit for, and he often looked deeper into situations. 

" Yes" I whispered, eyes staring hard at my skates as I laced them up. 

" Then no give up. Try again. It worth it." he advised. 

I groaned," I try. I try again and again but nothing I do works!"

" You ever think about letting her come to you?" Fleury asked. 

I rolled my eyes," If I do that, she'll never come. She hates me for some odd reason."

The French Canadian goalie rose an eyebrow," Are you sure?"

I hesitated, standing up and following the guys out the doors to the rink. 

Did she really hate me?
Last night she let go. She let go of her walks and I saw a glimpse of the real Aurelie. 

And it was beautiful. 

>>>FFW 3 Days<<<<
Aurelie POV

The following days after that morning were tense and exhausting. 

I would go to the rink and train the girls, but I often found myself overly stressed and taking it out on them. 

So I went home. 
" Julia?" I called one day from the kitchen, staring out the window. 

" What?" she asked from her place at the table. 

" I'm gonna go home. " I spoke, eyes trained on the people walking outside. 

I heard the chair scrape against the floor as she stood up. 

" What? Like back to France? Hell no you're staying here."

I turned around, running my fingers through my short hair. 

" Just for a week or two. To pull myself together. I need this, Julia. " I pleaded. 

She frowned. " Promise you'll come back?"

I smiled," Why, Jules, If I didn't know better I would swear you cared."

She rolled her eyes," Well, it's a good thing you know better. No need for misunderstandings." 

I laughed, hugging her. 

" Go pack. I'll call your brother." 
She offered. 

I pulled away with a smile, running down the hall. 

I've missed Henri so much. This is exactly what I need. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Please please tell me what you think?!? What should happen while she's in France?