Status: ongoing

Our Life, Our Girl

Past

POV Cas:

There were two things I loved about working for Mrs. Shepard on Friday's. It wasn't just that she was my favorite teacher, it was that I got to work in the giant art studio alone from 2-4:30 and it was easy money. The community art class ran from 5-8 on Friday's and taught a variety of skills. Sometimes students would come in for extra experience too. I mainly was there to get supplies or answer questions. Today, though, I was anxious. Mrs. Shepard had told me that she didn't expect me to do this and that I didn't have to, but I told her that I didn't mind and it was extra money. Now I wasn't so sure about model ling naked for the class.
I was trying to focus on washing my brushes and not think about being naked as people started coming in. Dean hadn't shown at the restaurant all week and I was pretty sure it was because of me. I didn't want to think that, but I was pretty sure. I kept going over the note he left in my head, but that only made me feel worse. Maybe the porn scared him away? Becca told me not to worry, but I was. I was constantly worrying. I couldn't help it though, I just-
"Hey Cas." I jumped, dropping the soap and my brushes, and whirled around.
"Dean!" I managed to spit out. Speak of the fucking devil ...
"Becca said you worked here on Friday's, so I thought I'd check it out," he said and I just stared.
"You're taking the class?"
"Yeah the teacher seemed really thrilled and told me that you were already in here. So here I am," he said with a smile and held up a piece of white paper and a pen from the bank down the street. I stared at him like he was crazy. "What? And what are we drawing today?" I rolled my eyes and dragged him over to my stuff.
"If you're serious then use this," I said and handed him one of my sketchbooks.
"What's wrong with this?" he held up his paper smiling. "It's okay, I'm kidding," he laughed and went to take a seat.
"Where have you been all week?" I blurted out.
"Trying not to be dragged to the hospital by you again," he said. "And I didn't have your number."
"Oh okay," I said and he took my hand. When he let go I had his number scrawled across it.
"So what are we drawing?" he asked again and I wished it wasn't too late to back out of modeling. I did not want to be naked in front of Dean ... at least not yet ... not that it'd ever happen. I felt my cheeks burn.
"Welcome everyone to week 15," Mrs. Shepard said as she waltzed into the studio. Everything in me screamed to run far, far away and fast. Possibly screaming. Instead I just stared at her and gaped at Dean as if to apologize for what was about to happen. "This week we are going to be studying nudes and my assistant has graciously offered to model for us." I just my eyes to avoid his reaction as my fate was sealed. "Cas come over to the platform," she said and I managed to back away from Dean and turn with my eyes shut. I did everything in my power to not look at Dean. At least he hadn't let. I guess that was good ... unless he was in shock in which case maybe I should check on him? I couldn't bring myself to look at him and with a smile from Mrs. Shepard I pulled my shirt over my head and pushed my pants down and off. I felt my entire body flush from sudden embarrassment and this room was a lot colder without clothing on. "Okay I'm just going to move you into position. Kneel down with your legs apart," she said and I suddenly felt like I was in some kind of porno. I knelt down and let her move me into position. It wasn't too uncomfortable and I was confident then I'd be able to hold this position for 50 minutes until the first break.
I was in sort of a daze so I didn't really hear the rest of the instructions until Dean's voice cut through the air.
"He's got nice hips," he said and again I flushed. I'd beg him to shut up or leave, but from this position it just felt too weird.
"Yes, he has wonderful hips! Thank you for pointing that out Dean. You've got a good eye," Mrs. Shepard said and I decided I'd rather beg her to stop drawing attention to the fact that Dean was actually looking at me naked. "Everyone should pay good attention to the curve and shape of his hipbones. It's a wonderful thing to pay particular attention to if you feel like you're stuck. Any other questions?"
A few minutes later the studio was quiet except for pencils on paper or canvas and the soft lull of jazz in the background. When I did decide to glance at Dean I saw that the lady he was sitting next to was explaining something to him as she drew. He seemed intent on listening from the look of concentration on his face and then I remembered he was learning to draw me and I immediately looked away again.
At the first break I felt tight and sore, but ignored that, yanked all my clothes on, and ran from the room with my phone. I called Becca after talking myself out of calling my brothers. Michael wasn't even home and the other two would be no help. They'd just laugh and mock and tell me to fuck him. She picked up on the second ring.
"Hello?"
"Why did you tell him I was working here?!" I exclaimed.
"I thought you'd like that Cas. He seemed intent on finding you and he's cute and you've wanted to see him all week."
"Yes but now he's drawing me naked!"
"Whoa Cas, whoa what?"
"For class, he joined the art class and I'm the nude model and ... do not laugh Becca this is serious!" I said exasperatedly.
"Sorry, I'm sorry Cas, but hey if he hasn't run you should be good then right? I mean a straight guy wouldn't bother to draw another man naked for a friendship. At least I don't think they would."
"I guess ... but I barely know him and just I don't even know," I sighed.
"It'll be fine Cas, just stop worrying."
"I know, I know ... I gotta go," I said and we said our goodbyes and I hung up and went and got back into position.
On the second break my muscles were burning. I had to get up slowly and by the time I did Dean had left the room with his phone. His coat and paper were still here though ... so that was good. I was tempted to go look at when he did, but instead walked around the room a few times stretching and getting feeling back into my limbs.
By the end of it I was tight and sore and my legs were burning so bad I thought I'd never be able to talk again. I barely managed to get dressed before lying on my back on the platform. Everyone was packing up and Mrs. Shepard thanked me profusely. I nodded and told her that it really was no problem and I was grateful to help.
"Are you hungry?" Dean asked. I jumped because I thought he'd already left.
"I guess," I said even though my stomach was growling.
"Come on then," Dean said and pulled me up. I groaned and started putting my shoes and coat on.
"Can I see it?" I asked and he laughed.
"Hell no. It's not done and I suck," he said.
"So you're coming back?"
"Why wouldn't I?" he asked and I sat there opening and closing my mouth searching my brain for an answer.
"I just I thought ..." I stammered and he laughed.
"Don't worry about it. I didn't mind. I was shocked, but it was okay and that lady, Amy? Who I was sitting next to was really helpful. This was kind of fun. I mean it was different, really different and not how I normally spend my Friday's, but it was fun," he explained and I nodded. "So come on I'm hungry," he added.
"You don't have to," I said and he narrowed his eyes at me.
"If this is because you think I'm a broke hobo, don't. I've got part time work, just not enough money for a place to stay," he said.
"No it's not that," I said quickly. "It's just that I was ... and I don't ... it could've been weird and I don't want you to feel obligated or something ..." He laughed and shook his head.
"God Cas, that's definitely not it. I just stared at your near perfect body for close to three hours after randomly showing up after a week, it's the least I could do. And I figure this is better then just replacing your Cheetos," he told me and I smiled. He actually remembered.
"Fine, fine, let's go," I said grabbing my stuff.

We ended up at some bar a few blocks from the apartment eating cheeseburgers and drinking beer. I felt much more relaxed then I had planned on feeling and I think it was because he was so easy going. We would have gotten here sooner if Money by Pink Floyd hadn't come on the radio and he insisted on driving around until it ended. And since I knew the words he told me he wasn't going to have to throw me out of the car.
"So did you, did you really go on my computer?" I asked after we'd wolfed down our food. I had to know and he smiled big and that was all I needed to know. I groaned and buried my face in my hands.
"And you're into some kinky shit," he laughed. "Naughty boys being spanked," he mused and I groaned louder.
"Please just stop before I die," I begged blushing and cursing the internet. He laughed some more.
"Don't be embarrassed Cas, we all look at porn," he said and I groaned louder making him laugh harder. "Fine, fine, how's that painting?" he asked and I peaked at him through my fingers.
"I finished the basic structure of it yesterday and now I've got to work on shading and highlighting it by Monday," I said and he nodded.
"How's the sand?" he asked and I shrugged.
"It's okay. I don't like it, but I decided to finally leave it alone and let it be," I said and he nodded.
"Good choice."
"Says the guy who discovered art this evening," I muttered and he rolled his eyes.
"I appreciate art. I've been to the Art Institute twice thank you," he said and I smiled.
"Have you been to the Museum of Science and Industry?" I asked and he nodded. I'd been wanting to go there since I got here.
"I've been to like all the museums. My friend Ash who I'd been crashing with knows a lot of people and has gotten me passes to almost everything," he said.
"Lucky. I really want to go there," I said and he smiled.
"I could take you," he offered. I shrugged. I didn't want to make him take me anywhere. "See there! You're doing it again. That's the same look I got when I offered dinner," he told me and I just stared as he smiled. "We're going tomorrow, late morning, no excuses," he said.
"But ..." I didn't have a reason not to go.
"It's set then, so be awake and ready at 11 or so and I'll come by and get you," he said and all I could do was nod. "Good. You'll love it. It's so awesome," he said and I smiled.
"I do really want to go," I told him.
"Cas, I'll do my best to take you anywhere you want to go. I promise." He smiled and I just blushed. I had absolutely nothing to say in response to that, but it made me feel warm and happy and excited inside.