Status: finished.

Slightly Bruised and Broken From Our Head on Collision

I'm Still Breathing

When I reach them I’m still debating whether or not to tell them, but when I get there to find Alex grinning and Jack laughing and Rian and Zack poking each other’s sides when they look away I decide not to. I slide onto the seat next to my boyfriend, and nab a headphone that is dangling on his chest. Blink 182, I smile and nod my head along, watching Zack poke Rian’s side and him recoil with giggles. I smile to myself and start counting the hours down to the end of the day.

The rest of the day is uneventful, and by the time the bus is here I almost complete forgot that Alex has to meet Kyle. I get on the bus only for Jack to pull me off again and announce smugly

“We’re walking.” I sigh loudly and apologise to the disgruntled bus-driver, I follow Jack out the bus and wait until he catches up with me. I turn to him and raise an eyebrow, but he just taps the side of his nose, grabs my hand and pulls me along on the way home.

We get to a small park that I don’t recognize and sit on the swings talking, it's been about an hour when it starts to rain.

“I love the rain!” I say to Jack and he winks, and pulls me to a nearby tree. He kisses me. So softly I don’t know if it’s real, then he brushes my nose with his and smiles. I laugh and lean in for another kiss and we stay like that in the rain for a while, just being us. Then it starts pouring on us, thunder rumbling and we jog/run home, with linked hands and massive smiles.

With a bang he pushes the door open, and shouts around his house. When no-one replies he slams the door behind him, pushes me against it and kisses me hard. I smile into the kiss after a while he pulls me into the living room.

“We are watching Mean Girls.” He announces and I laugh, he crouches down to put the DVD into the player and I check out his butt while he’s doing so.

“Don’t look at my ass.” He says whilst smirking, so I carry on looking. He gets up, sits next to me and smiles at me while the starting titles come up. He stretches and yawns and puts his arm round my shoulder, which makes me laugh and I snuggle into his side. Smooth move Barakat, smooth move. And as we start laughing at the movie and just getting comfy, my mind doesn’t once stray to worrying about Alex.

I watch as Regina screams when she finds out about the Kalteen bars, and giggle along when Jack copies her. The door bounces open and Alex comes in grinning with bright red cheeks, and soaking wet hair. Jack and I turn at the same time, just in time to see Alex shut the door and run towards us with the biggest smile I think I’ve ever seen on him.

“How did it go Lex?” I ask, peering over Jacks shoulder as he turns the TV to pause.

“OMG, it was amazing. He was such a gentleman!” He sits down on the floor crossed legged like a small child and smile up at us “He was so sweet, he asked me all about my courses at school, and he asked about Bands and music I liked, and we had a 25 minute conversation about Blink! We sat in this really sweet cafe he found, but on the way home it started raining and he even gave me his jacket!” He shrugs off a massive jacket I didn’t notice until now, and starts stroking the arm. “He asked me if it was okay to kiss me, and he didn’t force me into anything I wasn’t comfortable with and when I left he said “stay strong” OMG guys, I really think this is going to work. And just... it was so amazing!” Jack turns to me and rolls his eyes.

“Defiantly the girl in the relationship then.” And we laugh, Alex looks a little bit annoyed but he’s too busy being lovesick about Kyle to make an effort. We hear a buzz and Alex pulls out his phone and grins even more, if that was possible, and shows us a text from Kyle.

“miss u already babe, wanna meet u soon. U free next Wednesday? I wanna see u ;) ox”

I pretend to gag, and Alex slaps my arm so weakly I laugh. Jack raises an eyebrow and winks at me when Alex looks annoyed, but replies to Kyle straight away. And as Jack turns the DVD back on, and Alex gets comfy against our legs I wonder if Kyle’s as bad as I first thought. At least he makes Alex happy.

The credits roll up and Jack leans over and hits stop. We all sort of smile at each other, and wander off to get food. I kiss Jacks forehead when I reach him and when he looks quizzical I just smile, and walk away. I know I’m acting strange but I just had a truely happy moment, and I don’t want it to disappear. So when we see a message on the fridge and a £20 pound note, pizza night seems like the best idea in the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey there, it's been a while.
I know, shoot me.
I like this one though, but just a heads up this is probably the happiest they'll be for a while so prepare for the worst.
Sorry again, 1) for making Jack sad, and 2) for being the worst at making regular chapters
but thank you for reading. it makes me happy :)