Status: finished.

Slightly Bruised and Broken From Our Head on Collision

There's Nothing Surgery Can Do, When He Breaks Your Little Heart In Two

We’re in the too bright room again and it starts to burn my eyes. I look at the floor and wonder who walked over this exact spot, wonder how many people have been in a similar situation, wonder how many people have felt this much joy and pain in a month.

They finally let Alex out and he’s finding it difficult to walk. His lawyer for the court case against Kyle is almost happy because in her words.

“We can prove it this time, there are witnesses!” which reminds Alex that the court case is in a week and makes me realise I have a week to keep Alex calm. Jack jogs down the corridor and bursts into the room grinning and I raise an eyebrow at him. Alex looks at him with a frown and Jack tries to stop smiling but can’t so just carries on grinning.

Alex: “why are you smiling so much? For an hour there I couldn’t breathe properly.”
Jack: “I just found out some really really good news.”
Me: *after a couple of seconds of silence* “what’s the good news then?”
Lawyer: *raises a perfectly groomed eyebrow*
Jack: “Someone else came up for evidence against Kyle, turns out you aren’t the only one he raped.”
Lawyer: “That’s amazing!”
Me: “wait what?”
Alex: “what she said?!”
Jack: “there is a girl named...” he rummages through some papers I didn’t realise he was holding and reads quickly. “Sarah, about a year ago the police did the biological testing stuff and found positive for rape but they couldn’t prove it was him. She was too drunk to have an “accurate statement”.” *rolls his eyes*” And a guy named Blake about 3 months ago who spoke up about a day or two ago.” *looks up and smiles* “I don’t think I’ve ever been more happy about rape.”
Me & Alex: *laughs*
Lawyer: *awkwardly stands there because she doesn’t get the joke*
Jack: “err Alex; do you want to meet them?”
Alex: “fuck yeah!”

So that’s how two days later I ended up at a coffee shop with Jack, Alex, Taylor (for moral support) a small red head called Sarah, a skinny dark haired guy called Blake and a lawyer. It was surreal to be sat there with a group of people all affected by the same thing and find a way to actually do something about it. Or in this case him. The lawyer goes on about how the more people that stand up to him the longer his sentence is likely to be and all this stuff about how the attack on Alex is likely to make the court case go in our favour and am Jack and I willing to make a witness statement about the attack? And are Alex, Sarah and Blake all willing to tell their stories in court. We all agree and leave.

I don’t see Blake, Sarah, the lawyer or Kyle again until the court case. When we get there Alex is so nervous he almost puked on the way here, Taylor keeps massaging his hand and telling him it’ll be fine and Jack hasn’t said anything the whole drive. I get out the car and leave the door open for Alex. I look up at the massive building and imagine us walking out here with Kyle behind bars. When I open my eyes I see Blake and Sarah walking towards us with the lawyer tottering behind. Blake is wearing a blazer over a pale t-shirt, and black jeans. Sarah is wearing a dress but it isn’t slutty. Whoever dressed her made her look innocence and like a little girl. Something inside me sings a hallelujah. I turn to Alex and straighten his tie, and smile at him. He breathes deeply and smiles a little back. Taylor isn’t allowed in and nor are Alex’s or Jack’s parents. I still don’t really understand why. Taylor kisses the top of Alex’s head and wishes us luck before returning to the car and Jack’s and Alex’s parents both tell us we’ll get through and how amazing we are. I smile and thank everyone and then we have to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay i wrote this a like 1 in the morning, so it probably does not make any sense.
BUT, thank you guys for reading, i hit 200 this week and it means a lot.
Thank you thank you thank you.
<3