Status: finished.

Slightly Bruised and Broken From Our Head on Collision

You're Just Another Set Of Bones To Lay To Rest

It’s about ten minutes before we have to go onstage and one of the weird support bands are saying goodnight. Jack checks over his version of the set list one last time before nodding at the band that comes backstage. He knuckle punches the tall welsh guy with a massive bleached fringe and grins at the shorter skin head who stands just behind. I learn their names are Sean and Gavin but I’m not sure which is which. I smile politely at them before we get told it’s our turn on stage. They wish us luck I think, it’s hard to tell through there thick accents, and we walk on stage. I immediately see Taylor, Kara and Nikki in the crowd and they whistle as we walk on. We start playing.

At the end of the song Jack leans against the mic and pushes his fringe out of the way.

“Thanks, we’re All Time Low and that was Coffee Shop Soundtrack.” Alex interrupts him

“And we’re now going to play The Girl’s a Straight-Up Hustler and Jack will try not to mess it up this time.” The audience laughs and I catch Taylor whistling out of the corner of my eye. Jack sticks out his tongue and starts playing.

After that and our cover of Iris, Zack leans towards the microphone.

“Guys we’re going to slow it down for a little, if that’s okay.” The audience cheers loudly and Zack grins down at his guitar. Jack takes over.

“Give it up for my best friend Alex, and my awesome girlfriend!” I hear a couple of people whistle through the crowd as Jack leans down and kisses me softly. Then Rian, Zack and Jack walk off stage and leave it to me and Alex. I glance to Alex and then quickly grab a microphone and pull it into the middle of the stage.

“Okay guys we’re going to play Remembering Sunday for you...” I trail off as the crowd drowns me out. I smile and Alex and we start to play.

Afterwards, we pause and I grab my water from the edge of the stage.

“We’re going to play a song called The Wolves now, and this is personally my favourite in the set.” He glances sideways at me, mouth still on the microphone.

“You love it.” He murmurs to me I roll my eyes and we start to sing.

Falling from high places, falling through lost spaces
Now that we’re lonely, now that there’s nowhere to go
Watching from both sides, these clock towers burning up
I lost my time here oh; I lost my patience with it all

Out of the corner of my eye I see Nikki nodding along.

And we lost faith in the arms of love.

Where you been hiding lately? Where you been hiding from the news?
Because we’ve been fighting lately, we’ve been fighting with the wolves.

Backstage I see Zack pacing and wringing his hands.

Red tongues and hands

Falling from high places, falling through lost spaces
Now that we’re lonely, now that we’re so far from home
Watching from both sides, these towers been tumbling down
I lost my mind here oh; I lost my patience with the lord.

And we lost faith in the arms of love.

We finish and I scan the backstage area, Rian puts his thumbs up and I thank the audience. The rest of the guys walk back out onto the stage. Zack leans forward to the microphone and I hold my breath.
“The next song is called James Dean & Audrey Hepburn, and I wrote it for Nikki.” His eyes are grazing the floor and Nikki’s mouth is open. She starts smiling widely and I smile too. Zack looks up and see her grinning and smiles in relief. As the song starts he keeps his eyes locked onto hers.

Stay for tonight if you want to, I can show you what my dreams are made of
As I’m dreaming of your face
I look across at Nikki and notice how her eyes haven’t been of Zack the whole time.

I’ve been away for a long time, such a long time and I miss you there
I can’t imagine being anywhere else; I can’t imagine being anywhere else but here.

How the hell did you ever pick me? Honestly
I could sing you a song but I don’t think words could express your beauty
It’s singing to me...

After the song we thank the audience one last time before walking off the stage. I can still hear the cheers when I’m backstage and it makes me smile. We’re finally making it.

The bar we walk into is as skanky as hell, but none of us care. It’s been a while since any of us had much to celebrate. It only takes a couple of drinks to make me feel floaty, and as I sit there taking it in, I wonder if we’re going to make it big. The stuffy air is suddenly almost suffocating, and I walk outside for a little bit of air. When I get out, I realise that it’s getting dark and that we haven’t even got a ride home. I’m just about to cross over to the lighter side of the path when I hear a horn beep. It disorientates me, and I turn just in time to see a car crashing straight into my side.

(I’m so sorry)

Jack’s POV

When I turn, I realise that my girlfriend has been gone a while. It makes me anxious and I want to go and see her but Rian and Alex pull me back. They tell me that she’ll be fine, if she’s still gone in ten minutes check.

Ten long minutes pass and I finally get up to go and see what’s wrong. To start with I don’t even notice her, but when I do my heart stops. My beautiful girlfriend is crumpled on the road, surrounded by puddles of her own blood. I fall down onto my knees beside her, and I feel my eyes stinging with unshed tears.

(Don’t cry, don’t freaking cry Jack).

I turn her over, see the emptiness in her eyes and then it finally hits me. She’s gone and she isn’t coming back. I start to sob; it attacks my chest, violently and haphazardly hitting me like a tidal wave. Over and over and over. Our memories flash to me like lighting. Our first kiss in the corridor, and the taste of her in the pouring rain. FLASH. The first time we made love, and the way her eyelashes rest against her cheeks while she sleeps. FLASH. The first time I ever heard her laugh, and the way her voice makes me feel at home. FLASH. FLASH. FLASH. And then it’s over.

Just like that.

Just like her precious life, that was so nearly ended so many times before. Over. Just when she started to have a reason to survive. I crawl up into a ball and curl into her side, ignoring the blood staining my shirt and just letting her warmth slowly fade beside me. I let the tears mingle into the blood and watch as the love of my life leaves me.

Normal POV

It’s been a year since then, and they just got signed. Nikki and Zack are engaged, as are Rian and Kara, and Alex and Taylor are going strong. I’m so proud of them, and I love the bigger venues they’ve been getting lately. I’m sorry that I missed being there with you guys, but I didn’t see the car coming in time. Jack, my precious little boy I saw you hold me while I died and I thank you. I’m glad I didn’t die alone. I know you’re sad, but I’ll watch you from here and make sure you never shed another tear for me again. I’m over you now; I’m at home in the clouds, towering over your head.
(Just sing me to sleep, and then you’ll see me in your dreams.)
♠ ♠ ♠
ITS THE END
im not sure whether to dance or cry..
maybe i'll do an epilogue and see how Jacks doing after this.

yep.

anyways, thank you faggots<3