Status: finished.

Slightly Bruised and Broken From Our Head on Collision

Sleep Well My Friend

Epilogue

Jack's POV

It’s been a year exactly since our first gig, and my girlfriend’s death. I sit on her cold grave, and let the marble pull the warmth from me. “It’s been a tough year honey.” I whisper to her, and let a tear slowly fall down my nose. I glance over the array of flowers that clutter near the base of her headstone and sigh. “I miss you so bad.”

The silence of the graveyard lets me clear my head, and I let my mind wander back to when I first met her. I could recognise her voice from across the room, and that makes my heart throb. I’ll never hear her say my name again. Not whispered across a pillow case, not yelled with nails digging into my back, nothing. I cross my legs under me, and rest my hands on her grave. I can almost feel her heartbeat under my palms, and I ache just to see her. Hold her. Anything.

I look down to the cold stone, and try to think of what to tell her. But she already knows, she always knows. I can feel her looking down on me, and when you do darlin’ I hope you smile. I watch as an old couple limp across the grass holding hands and I smile. “We could of been like that.” I tell her, and I feel her smile at me.

I just sit there.

It takes me a while, but I realise that I’m okay. “It’s been a year baby, and I still miss you. Just like I did last night and just like I will tomorrow. But I can move on now, and I know you’ll let me.” I look at the engraving on her headstone and smile at her. “Sleep well; there will be another moment we’ll meet again.” I uncross my legs and step off of her grave. “Just let it go.” I whisper to her. And I swear to God I can hear her laughing.

As I walk away from the graveyard that haunted me for so long, I know that this will be the last time I come here. Maybe one day we'll meet again, but until then my dear, I’ll make you proud.
♠ ♠ ♠
there. Doneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.<3