Status: Active

My Best Friend

Part 1

My best friend, my rock, my…well in reality he isnt my anything except my friend, and most of the time im not even sure I can call him that. His fiance Valary is, wait scratch that WAS one of my best friends, but when her and Matthew made it offical she turned on me. Matt tried to stay the same but as time went on he changed as well. It hurts that he changed, but I guess I understand. Im sure it would hurt less if I wasn’t still in love with him. Of course it only makes it worse that my brother, my twin, is in the same band and I have to see him everyday, but that just proves how much life for me fucking sucks. My name is Kayleigh Ann Marie Haner, or Gates if you will. My new best friends happens to be my brothers wife Michelle, or as I like to call her Mitch, and Zacky Baker better know to the world as Zacky Vengeance. She knows all about my feelings for her twins(Val) fiance. So here we are in the backyard of the happy couples home. Brian and Mitch are sitting with Johnny, Lacey, Leana and Jimmy. Matthew behind the grill, Valary in the kitchen, and Zack no where to be found. As I look around to find the crazy mother fucker who happens to know everything about me, I catch Matthew’s eye. He smiles at me as Zacky walks in behind Matt. My whole face lights up and I run at him. Matt looks at me funny but braces himself anyway. I run right past him and throw myself on Zacky. Matt takes one look at us and gives Zacky the evil eye and storms in the house.
“I missed you!” I mumble in Zackys ear. “Kay come here.” Brian yells. Me and Zacky walk over to my brother. “I just don’t understand Kay, the only people you talk to is Chelle or Zacky. You lock yourself in your room. Im your twin for crying out loud, you live with me and I never see you. I want to know why your isolating yourself from everyone, but more importantly why your isolating yourself from me?” “Bri, I just don’t have much to talk about .” “Bull shit Kay-Kay. Your hurting me by not telling me!” “Oh Brian, I didn’t mean to hurt you. Im hurting, your best friend, your wifes sister fiance, im in love with him and I can count on one hand how many coversations we have has since we have graduated. I’m so sorry Bri-Bri.” “Is that what you have been talking to Chelle and Zack about?” “Yea, I just didn’t tell you because I didn’t want you mad at Matt…” “Oh Kayleigh….” “I need to go….” But I was cut off by Matthew saying he and Val had an announcement. Everyone sat down Zacky pulled me into his lap and I could have swore I saw jealousy flashin his eyes, but it was gone as fast as it was there. “So Val and I have made a decision about the wedding, but we need an answer..” Matt said and Val took that as he cue to speak, “Brian Michelle would you be the best man and made of honor?” “Yea, I guess” Mitch answered in a monotoned voice, for the both of them. “Well she sounded so enthused.” Zacky whispered in my ear. I snorted and everyone looked at me, but I tried to cover it up with a cough. I could feel Zacky silently laughing behind/under me.
“Is something funny Kayleigh?” Val spat at me. “Watch your fucking tone to my sister Valary!” Brian snapped at her. “Brian its fine. No Valary I happen to have gotten choked.” I spat right back at her and said her name with such venom my brother sat there with a smug look on his face. Zacky had a tight hold on my waist because he knows how my anger can sometimes get the best of me. “I don’t know who you think you are little girl but you either shut the fuck up or get the hell out!” she spat. “Im prety sure my name is Kayleigh Ann Marie GATES and I can speak my mind. I don’t know where you get little girl from but im pretty sure we are the same damn size. Oh and lets not forget who my twin happens to be… oh yeah Brian Haner. You know him yea the one who got in all the fightes at school and won. Yea him… he taught me to fight so watch your mouth because I will not hesitate to whip you fucking ass!” I say as I break from Zacky’s grip and storm over to her and get right up in her face.
“Kay-Kay please dont” I hear a gruff voice behind me as he grabs my arm. “Don’t touch me!” I snarl as I break from his grip. “You lost the right to fucking touch me, call me Kay-Kay, or even look at me when you dropped me like last months disregarded lyric sheet Matthew Charles!” I snapped. “Im outta here! You coming Zack, you can stay if you want its okay?” I asked. “No I’ll come. By the way Val you direspect her, that means you disrespect me and I am NOT okay with that” he states as he walks over to me and grabbed my hand and walks out.
“Thanks Zacky, you didn’t have to come with me. You could have stayed.” “Wait Kay.” I look back to see Matt’s sister Amy walking out. “Hey Amy.” “Kay I just wanted to say that what Val did was way out of line and you have my full support.” “Thanks Amy ” She walked back into the backyard and Zacky and I walked to his car. “Yours or mine?” he asked as we start down the road. “Yours. You want me to cook?” “Absolutly not darlin’. I’ll cook. You deserve someone to treat you right!” “Aww Zacky, your so sweat!” I say as we pull up to his house. I jump up and run to the door, I can hear Icky Zacky’s dog run to the door. I open the door with my key and fall to the floor and start to play with Icky as Zacky walks through the door. “Aww Icky loves you! Im gonna start cooking. What do you want? Never mind I know Chicken Alfrado!” “Aww you remembered my favorite!” I yell as I walk upstairs to Zacky’s room and find myself a t-shirt. I slip the shirt on and take my jeans off and walk downstairs.
“”Oh Zackary!” I yell as I walk into the kitchen “Well look at you. I see you have found my favorite Guns and Roses T-shirt. Wait do you have shorts on?!?” “Umm…no. Is that a probem?” I ask. “Nope” he states as if he didn’t freak out. “Go get the couch ready and pick out a movie!” she sys as he makes us both a plate and grabs the drinks. He sits down on the couch as the movie starts. I picked out Jackass 2! About half way through the movie we fell asleep. I wake up as the credit roll onto the TV. “Zacky come on let go to bed.” He gets off the couch and walks to the bedroom. Around 3:00 am the doorbell rings. I wake up to it ringing.
I walk downstairs and open the door to find Matt. “What are you doing here” I ask as he let himself in. “I wanted to talk to you. Wait why do you have Zacky’s Tee on, and with no pant? I cant believe it! YOUR SLEEPING WITH ZACKY!” He shouts. “Would you shut your fat mouth, Sanders, Zacky is asleep! And whats it to you if im sleeping with Zacky, even though im not? Whats it to you Matthew?” I snarl at him. I hear Zacky get up and come down the staris. “Babe, whos here?” Zack asks. “Not sleeping with him my fucking ass Kayleigh! I can’t believe you just blantently lied to my face! We’re suppost to be best friends. We have never lied to one another!” “Matthew Charles where on earth do you get best friends from we havent talked more then 5 times since our Junior year! And for the last time im not fucking sleeping with Zacky!” I yelled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments with some feedback is welcome!