Let's Get Crazy

Epic

This one is for the ladies, they lookin' so amazing
Let's get crazy, ain't nothing gonna save me
Make this an epic night
Make this an epic night


"Check out all these girls," Carlos said, almost in awe. He didn't think that anyone would have come to their 'little' house party. James, on the other hand, merely snorted. He was used to this kind of thing. This was his kind of crowd and these were his kind of people.

"Calm down, Carlos," he said, rolling his eyes. The people in the room were looking pretty damn good, but it was nothing to get too excited over. This was James, after all. He was cool, calm, and collected; young, handsome, talented... what else did he really need? Oh, that's right. Some fucking fun. Some time out of the studio, away from the other three, out of Gustavo's constant disapproving scrutiny.

This night was going to be fucking epic.

Turn down the lights, turn up the music
You've been waiting all week to let it out
Your peace of mind, go ahead and lose it
We don't need no gravity, it's going down


"It's too bright," James mumbled to himself as he walked away from his friends and into the crowd. The lights were dim, and they had a small strobe light in the corner. Some people were sitting on the swirly slide. Still, the music needed to be louder. The lights needed to be dimmer, until nothing but the strobe light and maybe a lamp or two was on in the entire place. The music, too, was pathetic. Why weren't the walls shaking? Ugh. He shook his head. People just didn't know how to party anymore. It was pretty pathetic.

He had been waiting all week for this. It had taken him a while to convince the boys that this should definitely be a thing, this party. It had taken him far too long just to bring it up, fearing questioning. Nobody really knew about his partying excursions. Nobody knew he was anything but self-centred, vain, narcissistic James. When he partied, he could lose that self and actually be him. He could cater to others, see to their needs, and have fun doing it. He could take some time away from the singing and dancing, ironically in one of the places where this was the most prominent.

He didn't need to be collected, really. He wanted the haze of the smoke filling the room to fill his mind, to be flooded by the reverberating bass, laugh as he felt the girls and guys grinding up against him, whether it was on purpose or not. He could feel as though he was flying, as if gravity was a thing of the past. He could be high as a kite just off of the sheer joy of being the socialite he was born to be.

Forever young, party forever
Don't watch the clock, you came to have a good time
Something's wrong, don't make it better
Do what you want
You just gotta live your life


He heard someone shout "Let's get wasted!" Honestly, James probably would have done a double-take if he was any less experienced. He hadn't brought any alcohol to his party, but it would have been stupid to think that nobody would have.

He saw Logan on the couch, looking a little uncomfortable at that outburst. He was looking at the clock. "Hey, don't watch the clock, man," James said, plopping down next to him, grin fully in place. He was so in his element, it was even obvious by the ease with which he conducted himself in everything he did. "You came here to have a good time."

"No, I came here because the rest of you did," Logan said, crossing his arms slightly.

"Something's wrong?"

"I'm just uncomfortable, I guess," was Logan's only reply. It was said in a way that practically screamed, 'Help me have fun.' James didn't know how, though.

"Logan, it's a party," James shouted over the music. "All you have to do is whatever you want. This is your life, man. Live it for you."

And then he felt lips on his own, a body leaning against his, and his mind blanked.

Put your problem aside, you've got the right
To lose your mind
Get your hands in the sky
And move your body close to mine


James would be lying if he said he wasn't shocked by this. He never expected Logan to take his advice... and he definitely never expected that this was what his friend wanted all along. When Logan pulled away, blushing, James suddenly did not feel very much like the social butterfly he was only minutes before. "I... What the hell, Logan?"

"...You said to do what I wanted. Well, it took me a while, but that's what I did." Logan shrugged, and James' mind was reeling. This was a problem. A big time problem. Logan wasn't supposed to like him. This was... weird. The frightening part was that it wasn't altogether unpleasant either.

Fuck it. This wasn't really a problem. Not tonight, anyway. Logan liked him. He couldn't say he wasn't attracted to Logan. It didn't really require thinking. Maybe in the daylight, but tonight was different. Tonight he was young and everything was hazy and Logan was a pretty damn good kisser, all things considered.

"Alright, then," he said with a smirk. "Put your hands up. We're gonna do this right." He moved his body against his friend's, pressing into him, grinding a bit, not thinking, just doing. From the way that Logan gripped his shoulders and the little noises he made into James' mouth, he was pretty sure that this wasn't altogether unwanted.

This was certainly unexpected, but hey. James had promised himself an epic night.

In the end, he'd say this definitely fell under that category.

Our hands up in the air
Make this an epic night
Our hands up in the air
Make this an epic night
♠ ♠ ♠
My God, I am so sorry.
...Who am I kidding? I regret nothing.
~Evia