Status: Done!

Five Times a Charm

Valentine's Day 2013!

Some women needed grand romantic gestures to feel loved and appreciated on Valentine’s Day. That was why Reader didn't envy Bray as he ordered flowers, a gigantic bear from build-a-bear workshop and made reservations at Chifa for his girlfriend.

Nor did he envy Simmer, who was planning an elaborate night in for his girlfriend who would probably hate it because that was her personality.

Whoever asked him, Reader would tell them, he was fucking lucky.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, Joanna.”

His gift was simple, a red velvet cupcake with thick cream cheese icing with a Be Mine heart in the middle. But Joanna squealed, “OMG, I love it. I love Brown Betty cupcakes, yum thanks.”

As Joanna ate her cupcake, Reader gave her the real gift, a pair of diamond earrings. Joanna would have been pleased with just the cupcake, it was the thought that counted for her and since she was living and teaching in Egg Harbor, getting to Brown Betty to have her favorite Red Velvet cupcake was pretty much impossible. But no one could say no to earrings either.

Cupcake finished, Joanna reached out and touched the earrings. “So pretty… too bad I didn’t buy you anything.”

Reader fake pouted.

“But I know what you really want,” Joanna said with a wink as she got down to her knees in front of Reader.

“Fuck yes.”

As her fingers undid the fly of his jeans, Reader reminded himself that yes, he was fucking lucky.
♠ ♠ ♠
I plan to write Read again soon because he's awesome.