I Need You So Bad

How Brady Explained His Past

Dear Diary,
I dated Brady. I wasn't sure if it was his personality, looks, or the fact that he holds a special kind of bond with me but I did and it felt nice. I dated guys before but he was the first guy who held my hands with his cold hands, he was the first guy to actually give me a good kiss, and he was the first guy ever to bring me to Disneyland. Being with Brady was another adventure everyday and the way he made me feel never left through dreams, they were dreams that came true without my acknowledgement of wanting it before.

-How Brady Explained His Past-

I was sitting with Brady in the back of the school for lunch. I didn't have any friends since I don't feel like I belonged to Tom's group anymore. He was eating gum and doing his homework. I was trying to finish some potato chips but I was eager to question him about what that girl said in class. The potato chips were good and crunchy… but I was sure I was on my way to obesity if I continue eating potato chips for lunch.

"Hey." I said to him, he got out of his concentration and looked up at me from his homework.
"Yes?" He asked still holding his pen. He tried seeming annoyed but his smirk gave me another hint.
"Are you turning that in today?" I asked trying to stall some time before really asking.
"No, I just want to get it finished with." He said.
"Why? Homework is given for a reason. It's HOME work." I said with a grin.
"Yes, but I have better things to do at home." He replied knowing he gave the right witty answer. He then looked back down at his homework and continued working on it.
I smiled and then I remembered my purpose in bothering him.
"So… Can I ask you a question?" I asked nervously. How was I supposed to approach this question?
"I wonder what I'm getting myself into right now." He said while his eyes were still on the homework. I looked down at my potato chips. "And you have food in your mouth." He cannot be anymore blunt. "You do know that those snacks are your tickets to obesity and high-blood pressure, right?" I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, thanks." I said with a smile and grabbed my bag to stand up. Now I am just pissed… I placed another chip in my mouth mockingly at him and then walked away. I rolled my eyes, so much for a boyfriend. He's really such a jerk sometimes.
"Wait." I didn't turn around. I felt his hand grab mine, he spun me around to face him. I looked up to him and into his eyes, those ocean colored blue eyes stared into mine.
"I'm sorry.. I was just kidding around." He said with a smirk as his hand reached up onto my face. He started caressing my chin.
"You got some potato chip crumbs on your chin here." He said with another chuckle. I gasped and then pulled away from him and continued my way.

He followed me of course. I don't think Brady knows how to leave me alone when I want to be alone. When I walked into a secluded area I stopped and turned around.

"What was that?" I asked about his blunt attitude earlier.

"I was just kidding Lindy." He said.

I sighed, he was right… I just can't take a joke because somehow in a way… I wanted to be perfect to him.
"Are potato chips still stuck in my teeth?" I asked breaking the tension. He grinned and shook his head. I smiled at him.
"I'm sorry. I won't tell you that eating potato chips is bad for you or that it's stuck in your teeth." He said. His hands were on my arms and his fingers swirled themselves soothingly on my skin.
"No. I should take a joke… It's just I don't want to really embarrass myself in front of you." I said.
He stifled a laugh. I scoffed at him then pulled one of my arms away and gave him a punch.
"I'm sorry. It's just… I've seen you do so many embarrassing things already… why does it matter now?"
"It just does… We're together now." I defend while crossing my arms.
"Don't feel insecure about it." He said and unraveled my crossing arms. "We're in a relationship now. This is what we should do. Trust and help each other. So what if it's embarrassing… we should be able to trust each other enough to see that those embarrassing things don't matter between us." His blue eyes stared into my brown eyes so deeply. I couldn't help but smile.
"Okay? I trust you, Lindy. Do you trust me too?" He asks. I smiled and nodded my head.
"Yes." He leaned his neck down and his lips placed a kiss on mine. He lets his smooth lips linger for awhile before pulling away.

"Why are you always alone in the first place?" I asked Brady when he was driving us home. He glanced over at me and then looks back at the road.
"Well. I mean like… Brady you're not the worst looking guy around here. You're tall and athletic."
"Athletic?"
"I see you playing basketball in front of your house."
"Are you stalking me now?" He asked with a smirk upon his lips.
"Brady…" I said seriously.
"I don't know what to really say." Brady shook his head.
"Okay. Fine." I said and then looked straight ahead.
We sat in silence for a while until he spoke up.
"It's a long story." He said.
I smiled.
"Well, in this traffic we have time." I said. He glanced over at me then adverted his eyes back onto the road. He sighed.
"You're going to suffer." he said.
"I'll manage." I said and looked at him with a big smile.

He glanced over at me and then looks back at the road with another sigh.
"When I was younger about 12, I was really… you can say... popular." He stated. I looked over at him while he spoke.
"Hmm, cocky much?" He chuckled.
"I was in middle school that time and like everyone else in middle school, we were sorted into our cliques and everything. I was sorted into the popular group. I mean a rocker mom… that grabbed the title for me in an instant. I also had all these cool friends around me too because of sports." He said.

"Well, being the popular had a lot of perks. I got everything I wanted. I went to parties with high schoolers and I was no stranger to drinking." He said. I see anger and resentment in his body language… he was pretty tense. I slowly crept my hand over to where he laid his hand and touched his hand. I ran my fingers slowly over his hand to show him that it was okay.

"I got sick of it by the end of freshman year. The friends I had were doing things that I didn't like. They played people. Sure, they were good-looking and seemingly nice but behind those lies, they were just non-good jerks who never had anyone hit them in their lives." Brady said.
This time, I tangled my fingers within his hand.
"I truly thought that by the time that we went to high school, people would just change… I was proven wrong." He said. "They never grew up. They never change."

"Did they do something to you?" I asked.
"No… they didn't. They didn't do anything to me." he said.
"Oh… then was it that you just got sick and tired of it?" I questioned.
"No… they didn't do anything to me… but they did do something to my brother." Brady said.
"What?" I asked.
"My brother… Connor…" Brady said.
"You have a brother?" I asked.
"Well… you don't see him around… especially after what they did to him." Brady said.
"What did they do?" I asked. We were parked in his parking lot now.
"They hurt him." Brady said. I looked to the ground.
"What did they do?" I asked.
"What they always did. They tore him down to pieces with rumors, lies, and mind games…" Brady said. "They were cruel to him."
"I don't understand… he's your brother. How could they do that to him while being friends with you?"
He looked down at his hands.
"I'm not the person I used to be Lindy. I'm different from who I was before."
"What happened?" I urged on with curiosity spurning inside me. He looks more sad than before. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.
"It's okay… you don't need to tell me."
I looked over at Brady.
"I'm sorry." I said placing my hands over his.
"It's not your fault." He said as he looked up at me. I gave him a light smile. I went over to him and hugged him. He breathed onto my neck and my hairs stood up.

After a while I decided that it was time to go in and eat some food. I started to grab my stuff and was on my way to opening my door until it locked down. I look over at Brady sitting there with his fingers on the control buttons. He had a grin on his face. His hand then went for my hands and grabbed them. I look up at him and smiled lightly.
"I'm sorry." I said. "Again."
"About what?" He asks gently while caressing my hands.
"About asking you and putting you in that place…" I said.
"It's okay. Someone would tell you sooner or later, it's might as well be that I tell you the truthful story. Not the petty gossip people make up in their spare time." He said and I laughed lightly.
"If you distrust people so much… how did you come to like me?" I asked. "I mean.. there are millions of girls in our school. And basically 80% of them want to be with you… some are even prettier than I am. Why did you have to pick me?" I asked.
"Because… you still kissed me after I made you cry." He said.

I smiled and then I raised my face and lifted it up and near him. I then dove my face towards his and our lips touched. I pressed into his, smashing my lips on his soft ones. I pulled away.
"That sounded so cliche…" I said sighing and then I started to grin. "But it's very sweet. Thank you." I said meaningfully.