Killjoy Lips

Battery City

Party and I just lay there in the warm breeze of the California evening air. I rested my head on his chest. Slowly falling asleep.

“We have to leave soon” Party said

“I don’t want to lose you” I said looking up at him

“I can’t promise that” he said

I looked at him

“I can’t promise that because I will do everything in my power to protect you, I’d die for you” he said. He kissed my forehead

“I’d die for you………….because………..I have no one………nothing else to live for” I said

With that he kissed me on the lips. We got our clothes back on and headed back to the restaurant. They guys were just hanging out looking at maps.

“Oh hey you’re back, did you have fun?” Kobra Kid said putting on his sunglasses

“Bite me” I said

“Ok guys, let’s go over this plan” Party said taking a pen to the map

He drew a few lines like a maze into Battery City.

“Okay, so we’re going to get in through the worker lines underground. There’s no cameras there” Party pointed to the map

“and that’s when we’ll meet up with Jet Star right? In the tunnels?” Fun Ghoul asked

“Yeah” Party said

“What about her” Kobra said referring to me

“She’ll be with me. I’m going to get her into the mainframe” Party said looking at me

We gathered up our gear and hit the road. Time flew by so fast. Maybe because we were meeting our death. We came to a place about a mile away from Battery City. The city light illuminated everything. It was like a football field. We got out of the car and started counting the paces of the map directions. We came to what looked like to be a manhole cover in the ground. Kobra Kid lifted the cover off.

“Well, this is it” Kobra said

“Wait, where’s Jet?” Fun Ghoul asked

“Right there” Party pointed to headlights in the distance

The vehicle approached. It was an old school bus painted with killjoy colors. Jet Stuck his head out.

“Hey man!” Kobra yelled high fiving him

They all got out of the bus. There were about twenty of them. Mostly men, but a handful of women. Bandanas, scarves, jackets of all colors were before my eyes. Party explained the plan to all of them. They seemed pretty content with it.

“Ok guys, lets go!” Party yelled

Party led the way. He was the first into the manhole. My heart was beating so fast. He may never come out.

“It’s ok guys, come on.”

Kobra then Fun then Jet all went down, I crawled in after them. Everyone else followed. I got behind Party as we snaked through all the tunnels. I held my gun close to me. It all took about a good half hour to get there. We had to climb up. We were under the city now. Party climbed up and pushed out the cover. Light shed on the floor.

“Come up, it’s safe” he yelled

I went up first. Everyone else followed. I’m surprised we haven’t been caught yet. Five people stayed behind in the tunnel in case we needed to escape. That’s when we all split up to do our separate agendas. Each of the guys led a group. Party only had me though. We parted way. I hugged the guys, because I may never see them again. Party took my hand and we ran trying to hurry. A drac came out of nowhere and started shooting at us. I ducked, Party shot him down easily. He looked at me sexily, and blew the smoke at the tip of his ray gun. I just laughed.

We found the mainframe door. There was a tiny window on the door. We could see in.We shot the lock on the door to get in.

“Wait wait wait” Party said before we stepped in

“Dr. Death did the security in this place, he built this place. He’s very clever, so there’s no way more than one person can enter this room without setting off something” Party said

“Then I’ll go” I said

“No, I won’t let you go in there, tell me the code” Party pleaded

“No, it’s better that I do it. I know it by heart.”

“Liz”

“I’m doing this” I said

“ok” Party said defeated.

I opened the door. Before I could go in Party slammed it shut. I looked at him. He kissed me passionately. We kissed for about a good minute. He pulled away. I was still holding his face as his forehead leaned on mine.

“Just in case” Party smiled

“I love you” I said

“I love you” I kissed him once more

I opened the door and walked in. I looked back at Party. He blew me a kiss. I turned around and walked to the huge circular machine in the middle of the illuminated room. I found the screen and keyboard on the other side out of sight from the door. I took a deep breath and started typing in the code. It was a very long code.

“How’s it coming?” an unfamiliar voice echoed in the room

I was startled. I wasn’t alone. A figure came into view. Korse. He had a deathly smile on his face. My heart felt like it was in my throat. I turned to run.

“Ah ah ah, I wouldn’t if I were you” he said stopping me

“And why is that?” I questioned

“Because……….you wouldn’t want any harm to come to little miss Grace now would you?” he said

“You’re lying, she’s somewhere safe” I said

“You can come out now” he said

A small child figure appeared. It was Grace. She looked scared out of her wits. Her face buried in fear. My heart stopped.

“Now……come with me and she lives” Korse said putting a hand on Grace’s shoulder

I walked slowly towards him and Grace. He held out hi hand, I knew he wanted me to give him my gun. I put it in his hand.

“You are sick” I said

He just smiled. I took Graces hand. She held my arm. Korse put a gun to my head. He pushed me and grace towards the door where Party was waiting outside.

“Tell him you’re coming out” he said putting his gun to Grace’s back

I was crying now. The tears streaming down my face.

“I’m coming out” I said trying to balance my voice

“Ok” Party’s voice emanated through my ears

I held my hands up, I walked through the door first. I held Grace’s hand as Korse followed. I saw the shock written all over Party’s face. He pulled out his gun and pointed it at us.

“Let them go” he said his gun shaking

“Now why would I do that?” Korse said cheekily

“You don’t need them” Part yelled

“Oh but I need Liz here, and little Grace is the only leverage I have to get her to cooperate, so yes, I need them” Korse said

“Let her go, I’ll do what you want just let her go” I cried

Korse pushed Grace on the ground. Party immediately picked her up and hid her behind himself without letting down his gun.

“If you follow me, she dies” Korse said wrapping his arm around my neck. He dragged me down the hall. I watched as Party got further away.

I’m going to die.