Killjoy Lips

Surprise

“Hey wait!” Kobra came running after me

I went and walked around to the back of the building.

“Wait!”

“What?!” I turned around in his face

“That was pretty impressive, you got him to smile”

“SO FUCKING WHAT? Did you NOT see what he did?!”

“OH come on you know you liked it”

“AS IF!”

“Do you know how many times I see you two sneaking looks at each other?”

“So! He’s still a dick!”

“So you admit to it?”

“No! now can we get off of this subject?” I tried to get past him

“Ok ok, but please, please stay, we’ll include you”

“You will?” he got my attention

“Yeah” he sighed
All of a sudden there was a bright stream of light. It hit Kobras hand and he fell on the ground in pain holding his wrist.

“Oh my god!” I got on the ground trying to help him. I looked behind me.

It was a Drac. I grabbed my gun from my belt and stood up pointing it at him. I was so scared I was shaking. The Drac just tilted his head. He came at me, I was like a deer in headlights. I moved but not fast enough, he wrestled me to the ground. He wouldn’t shoot me though. I had dropped my gun, I was trying to reach for it. Kobra was getting up trying to help. The Drac pointed his gun at him, if I didn’t react he would shoot Kobra. I grabbed my gun at the last possible second and shot the Drac in the chest. His dead body fell on top of me. Kobra ran to get help. Party Poison and Fun Ghoul came running over. They lifted the body off of me, Fun Ghoul tried to help me up.

“Let go of me!” I yelled pushing him away

I got up and ran off. Party Poison followed because Fun Ghoul was looking at Kobra Kids hand. He grabbed my hand.

“No! don’t touch me!” I yelled turning around

“Please! Just stop for a second” he said trying to calm me

“I can’t I can’t, I shot him he’s dead!” I crumbled into tears

I found myself crying into Party Poisons shirt. He was holding me.

“But if you didn’t shoot him he would have killed Kobra” he said holding my head

“I killed someone, I killed someone” I said crying

“Shhhh, it’s ok” he said stroking my hair

I just cried into his shirt. I wasn’t mad at him anymore. I just wanted him to keep holding me. I had to admit, I’m falling for him. And now I’m going into hysterics because I killed someone. Why am I so upset? He was trying to kill me and Kobra, he’s a Drac for christs sakes.

“Here” Party said taking my hand “You have a cut on your eyebrow” he took me to one of the picnic tables sitting outside the restaurant.

He put tissue on it drying the blood.

“Ow” I said

He smiled “Sorry” he said

“It’s ok” I sniffled

“I’m also sorry for, you know, kissing you” he said

“Oh, well that, I guess I can forgive you” I smiled

He smiled. THAT SMILE.

“I like it when you smile, it’s nice, it reminds me that you’re not a complete asshole” I said

“Yeah well………”

“I was only kidding” I said

He stood up. He helped me up.

“We better check on Kobra” he said

“Ok”

He led the way I just followed. Kobra was sitting on a barrel holding his half ass bandaged hand.

“Hey, how is it?” I said pointing to his hand

“It could have been a lot worse, if you weren’t there I’d probably be dead, thank you”

“That’s what I do” I said