Status: Still a work in progress.

Juvie in New Jersey

Whatever I Want.

Six months later, and I had barely eaten anything. nI ate just enough to stay alive, and I was only doing that for Fate.

"So how long is your sentence anyway?" Fate asked me one night.

"Indefinite. Yours?"

"Until I turn eighteen and get tried as an adult." She sighed.

I sighed with her and relaxed a little.

Not five minutes later, the door to our cell swung open. "Arniah Catona," the guard spoke.

"What?" I groaned in aggravation.

"You're being released. Get your belongings and court date, and leave."

I sat up and smiled. I darted to Fate and hugged her quickly. When I pulled back, my smile faded. Fate was trying to smile, but I knew we wouldn't make it without each other. I thought a moment then walked back to my bed. "Nah, I'll stay."

"You'll what?" The guard glared at me. What can I say? I've never been normal.

"I wanna stay with Fate. Either she leaves with me, or I don't leave."

"That's up to the judge, not us."

"Then call the judge!" I snapped at him. He opened his mouth to object, but what could he say? He turned and walked out.

"What are you doing?" Fate asked, staring wide-eyed at me.

"Whatever I want."

"They won't let us both out."

"Yeah they will."

"How do you know?"

"I just do. We're both geting out of here today."

She sighed and laid back on her bed. I sat on the edge and stroked her hair gently, humming quietly.