Status: Experimenting with layouts, bear with me! XOXO, Errbear

Serendipity's Diary

An Uneventful Day

Diary Entry #47
Mood: Nervous
Date: April 25th, 2012

Today was not a bad day. I got through the entire day without wanting to punch something, until I got to Lit. Studies, but that's not important. I was still upset over my fallout with Jessie, but I lightened up as the day went by.

I got to chorus and things got a little sketchy. The boys still sit next to me. I was sitting in my seat as Ryan and his friends shifted the chairs around, figuring out where they were going to sit. As Ryan pulled his seat next to me, he said to his friend: "Man, why'd you make me sit next to Ryder?! We're not even friends!" And then quickly to me: "Just kidding, Ryder." I only laughed.

Aww, he says we're friends. That is what he's saying, right? And all this time I thought we were just two people trying to pretend the other didn't exist. But "friends" is a lot sweeter.

And a lot less of a mouthful.

As Ryan sat down, the girls who sat in front of me were talking about the school dance that's coming up. Ryan's friend, Marcus, who asked me about Jessie yesterday, called the name of one of the girls in front of me. She turned around. "Yeah?"

"Ryan says he wants to take you to the dance."

Ryan turned to face him. "Now, why would you lie like that?" And then to me: "Ryder, did you hear me say that?" I laughed, shaking my head. You need to ask me. I thought.

The girl who sat in front of me laughed. "Well, I get extra credit for class if I take someone I don't have classes with." I laughed. I already knew, and I'm sure Ryan knows, this girl has a boyfriend. It's hard to miss them making out shamelessly in the courtyard. PDA is not a pretty color on her.

"Well, why don't you go?" Ryan asked his friend.

"I have to go to church," he answered. Best excuse I've ever heard!

"I have two left feet," Ryan said, crossing his feet at the ankles to prove his point. I laughed the entire time, quietly.

You know who else still sits next to me? Jessie. And that's where things get sketchy.

I sat in silence as she tried to give me yet another reason excuse for her attitude. I refused to say anything.

She turned to me and said, "Ryder, would you like to explain to me why you're so upset with me?"

"You're shitting me, right?" I responded. Sophia says I have a "language problem." I've been trying to watch my mouth, Soph, I really have, but I think this was justified.

She proceeded to go on and on about God-knows-what and I tried to ignore her.

"Jess," I said, managing to keep my voice level. "I don't want to talk about it, because I am afraid of what will come out of my mouth if I do."

She tried to push it a little harder and I ignored her. She wasn't about to mess the day up for me.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, except when Marcus tapped my shoulder. Ryan sat on my left and he sat on Ryan's left. He reached around Ryan's shoulder and tapped mine. I smiled and rolled my eyes. It reminded me of the kind of thing Ryan used to do.

When the day ended, I put my hair in a ponytail and a bow in my hair. I had to help with cheerleading tryouts and I was excited.

Now that I've helped with cheer tryouts, I'm nervous. And I'm not even trying out! Most of the girls aren't ready. They've had two days to learn an entire dance and three days to learn a chant and a cheer! When I tried out, we had four days to learn it all.

But I have put my trust in my girls. They can do it. I get maybe thirty minutes to work with them tomorrow, and then it's time to try out.

Wish them luck. They need it.

Searching for Serendipity,
Ryder
♠ ♠ ♠
Love you!

XOXO,
Errbear