Status: Experimenting with layouts, bear with me! XOXO, Errbear

Serendipity's Diary

Plans

Diary Entry #62
Mood: …Excited. Definitely Excited
Date: May 23, 2012

So much to tell today. Today I went to enter the room to Lit. Studies, and as everyone streamed in, I ended up next to Ryan. He walked over and put his elbow on my shoulder.

“Hey,” I said nonchalantly, noticing how my voice sounded a little like Rynaldi’s. I sounded like he and I were just friends. Calm, cool, collected. Not at all like I’d been crushing for nine months.

Nice, Ryder, real nice. You’ve managed not to embarrass yourself. I was proud of me.

And I looked up at him, realizing again how short he really is. I forgot to point it out, though, and he didn’t say anything as we walked. And we did walk.

All the way across the classroom, passing by his seat and walking over to mine. Liz was sitting over there by herself and we walked all the way over. I pointed over my shoulder. “Looks like we have company,” I said.

Liz gave me this look. You know, that look. That “I-can’t-actually-tell-him-for-fear-that-you’ll-kill-me-so-I’ll-just-make-a-goofy-face-and-hope-he-picks-up-the-hint,” look. He stood there with his arm on my shoulder for another second and then turned around. “Just joking,” Pick it up, pick it up, pick it up! Pick up the damn hint. No such luck.

But I was all smiley after that. You know how I am.

And then it was time to present my project. A few projects before mine, Ryan had moved to relax under his desk. Good, I thought. Hopefully he’ll stay down there while I present so I don’t have to feel all nervous.

And he did. And I still messed up and felt really stupid and nervous, but I was able to laugh about it. And when I walked back to my seat when I finished, Rynaldi looked over and said, “Yeah, he definitely just slept through that entire thing,” she said. I laughed.

That would explain it. I heard cheers from everyone in my class when I finished, including his friends, but nothing from him. Well, that’s good. He didn’t hear me completely and totally screw up. Even though when I did it, it was totally cute.

So, London told me about her plan. She was gonna walk up to him, and be like, “Hey, I have something to ask you. You should give me your number and I’ll text you,”

“I don’t think he has a phone,” I told her.

“Well, he’s stupid!” she answered.

I laughed. “I’m trying to figure out how he didn’t see that goofy face Liz was making,”

“Well,” one of the girls said, probably Sophia, “He’s kinda dumb.”

I laughed extremely hard. But I guess we sorta decided that “dumb” is a pretty strong word, so we decided that he’s “not the sharpest crayon in the box,”

But it’s not that he’s just flat-out stupid. He’s more of a smart-ass than an intellectual, I think.

Wow, I feel bad for saying that. Anyway, we got to chorus and began to work on a new assignment. My group and I went and commandeered the piano. As we practiced, Ryan walked over and began to try hitting the notes we were singing and playing with the piano.

Jessie turned to me and said in an exaggerated way, “SOOO, Ryder…” I gave her a look and said through clenched teeth, “Shut up!”

One of the girls in our group picked up on it fast!

“OH MY GOD!!!” I turned on her. Her eyes were wide and she was clearly surprised. She mouthed the words dramatically. “You like Ryan?!?!?”

“Shut up!” I said once again, through clenched teeth. Luckily, Ryan was being distracted by Zoe and another girl in our group who were poking fun at him.

“WHOA!” the girl said, still not being quiet. Pick up the hint, pick up the hint, pick up the damn hint! Fat chance. And she said that a few more times.

When she finally calmed down she said, “You two would be cute together. You’re both short.”

“He is short,” I said.

“And y’all match!” I laughed. We were both wearing orange, mine bright and his was a washed out color. She sat back in her chair. “I have a plan.”

Uh-oh. The infamous sentence. I’ll talk about that in a minute.

By this time, Ryan was on the other side of the classroom talking to two of the girls in our class.

Our friend turned to me. “Ryder, you better get jealous, and you better get jealous fast,” I turned around to see what she was talking about.

I gave her a look that said, “Babe, you have no idea,”

Jessie turned to me. “Don’t be jealous. You could do so much better,” And I laughed at both comments.

But in my mind I thought, I’ve got nothing to worry about. Neither of those girls would waste their time with Ryan. I’m the only person who would do dumb shit like that.

The girls joked around with me, pretending to talk loud enough for him to hear. “Hey Ryder, why don’t you tell us about that guy that you like that’s in two of your classes. That’s wearing orange just like you. That’s in this class. That has an afro. That’s sitting over there on the risers next to Eric."

I laughed. “And if you told him all of that, he still wouldn’t get it.

Now back to the plans.

There are so many plans that are being formed about my love life. Jessie wants to tell him this Friday. London wants to tell him tomorrow. Rynaldi wants to tell him on the last day of school. And I? I want this all to be over. I’m beginning to get annoyed.

Well, tomorrow’s my birthday. I have a feeling it’s gonna be a pretty amazing day. I can only hope that if something happens, he will pick up the damn hint.

Searching for Serendipity,
Ryder
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

XOXO,
Errbear