Status: Done! Read the sequel to see what happens!

If You Can Keep Me Guessing

"Dreams only last for the night."

I woke up and leaned over to reach for Alex. I felt nothing but sheets. My eyes opened and saw my apartment in Boston. Wait... What?

I sat up fast and looked around and saw everything where I had left it before I moved out. I found my phone and went to my contacts as tried to call Alex, but I didn't have his number. I called Taylor.

"What! It's too fucking early Liz." she groaned as she answered.
"What? Taylor help me. I can't find Alex's number and I'm back in Boston in my apartment. I'm so confused." I said quickly.
"Who's Alex? And what do you mean you're back in your apartment? I dropped you off there last night. What happened Liz?"
"Alex...my husband. Taylor please come over. I'm freaking out."
"Alright alright. You probably just drank too much last night. But you're definitely not married." she laughed a little and hung up. 

I got up out of bed, not wearing what I had worn when I fell asleep last night with Alex. I looked in the mirror and saw that my hair was its natural color, messy all over my head, and I was in a long Paramore band shirt. I hadn't drank that much last night. Alex and I went back to our room after Victoria found out that Jack was with Taylor. We talked most of the night until we were basically sober. 

What the hell happened?

Taylor walked into my apartment and yelled for me. I walked out into the living room with my hands on my head. 

"You look like shit dude." she said laughing.
"Well I'm confused as fuck. I fell asleep in a hotel room with Alex and then I wake up back here in my apartment without him."
"Liz, you were with me last night. We went to the bar and you drank a lot because you were celebrating your new job at the station. I don't know what you're talking about. You were here. Maybe it was a dream or something." she shrugged.
"But it wasn't! It felt so real! We met Alex and his friends at the bar then me and him started hooking up. We dared and I moved down to Baltimore with him because I got fired. I started touring with them as their assistant. Then Alex and I got married! You were there! You were my maid of honor! Then Kim came back and was married to Kyle's dad! And my dad... My dad died. Then I got pregnant with Alex's baby..." I sat down and felt tears forming in my eyes. "I need my phone." I ran into my room and grabbed my phone and called my dad.

"Hello?" he said.
"Dad?! Oh my god! Hi!" I yelled.
"Whoa what's wrong? Are you drunk or something?" he asked.
"No I just had a weird dream last night. I'm sorry to bother you. Can we do lunch or something soon?" 
"Yeah sure. What are you doing up so early? You're never up before nine." he laughed.
"Just the dream. Don't worry dad. I'll call you later."  We said goodbye then hung up. I slowly fell onto my couch in awe.

"What did he say?" Taylor said from the kitchen. 
"Nothing," I called to her. "It was just a dream? There's no way." I whispered to myself.
"Okay. You need more cream by the way."

We hung out a little longer until she had to go. She left and I just walked around my apartment in shock. 

How could things that felt so real, be fake? Every time Alex held me or kissed me I felt it. I walked back into my room and saw my All Time Low poster on my wall and the picture of Alex next to it. It felt as though he had died. I couldn't hold him, hug him, play with his hair, or kiss him ever again. 

I sighed and figured i should shower or something. I put my phone into my iHome and clicked shuffle. The song that started playing punched me in the gut.

Stay Awake. Dreams Only Last for the Night.
♠ ♠ ♠
The whole thing was a dream!
Are you shocked? Or did you see it coming?

I think I'm gonna do a sequel to this. It will possibly just be Liz's life since she realized it was a all a dream. I'm gonna wait a few days though and see if you guys want the sequel or not. The sequel is called You're Just a Daydream Away and you can find it on my profile or connected to this story somewhere.

Love & rockets :)