Status: Done! Read the sequel to see what happens!

If You Can Keep Me Guessing

"Running from lions meet seemed like such a mistake."

"How did I not put that together?" Liz yelled at herself as she cleaned the cut on my lip. We were sitting on our bed in the hotel.
"Put what together?" I was so confused by everything that happened.
"Kyle had his mom's last name because his parents were already divorced. I never met his dad when we dated. That's why I didn't recognize him." she said disappointed.
"Hey hey hey," I slid closer to her. "Don't get mad at yourself. You should be proud. You kicked his ass. If you didn't attack him, we'd probably be in a hospital instead of here."
"Because you're a whimp." she mumbled and smiled a little.
"Not the point, Elizabeth. I'm proud of you, by the way. You faced two of your demons today."
"Yeah I know."she sighed and laid back. She stared at the ceiling and held the side of her stomach. I assumed it was where he hit her.

"I can't believe Ray and Kim just stood there." she said, disgusted.
"That was weird. Does your stomach hurt because of him?" I asked. She nodded a little.
"It'll be fine." she mumbled.
"I wish I got to beat the shit out of him like you did. But I bet it was good for you."
"Can we stop talking about it? I want forget it ever happened." she said monotone.
"Yeah sure." I kissed her head. There was more bothering but I let it be for the time being.

"Did you bring your guitar?" she asked and looked at me. I nodded and got up and grabbed it. 
"Want me to play for you?" I offered.
"Not yet. I want to show you something." she sounded like a kid. A nervous kid. She took a deep breath and started playing. I instantly recognized the riff I wrote for Running From Lions. She played it flawlessly. She started singing and I smiled. 

"Don't forget we have unfinished business, stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold. And I regret not knowing when to put an end to all this  madness. Keeps me wanting, keeps me wanting more." she sang. I sang the second verse for her and we both sang the rest. It sounded good.
"I taught myself how to play that after my mom and Kyle left. It really helped me." she mumbled as she put the guitar down. 
"Glad I could help." I smiled. I watched her walk the guitar back to its case then come back and sit on my lap. I held her and leaned my head down on hers.

"So tell me about always listening to my music in high school? And did you really come and see us every time we were in Boston?"
"Yep." she nodded. "And every city close to Boston. I loved the show you guys put on." 
"Wow you were dedicated. It's hot." I smiled to cheer her up.
"Whatever." she laughed a little.
"Since we're on the topic of my band, I'm asking you questions I've always wanted to ask you."
"Go for it." she smiled.
"Favorite song or songs and why."
"Jasey Rae because of the I've never told a lie part. A Daydream Away because it's the cutest situation. The Girl's a Straight Up Hustler because it was exactly how I felt at some points. And I loved the leaving you to be forever seventeen line. Shameless because that's me. Weightless because that was the first song I ever heard by you. And Running From Lions."
"Wow. You're all over the place." I laughed and she smiled and nodded. "Favorite album?" I asked.
"As a whole, Dirty Work. When I first bought it, I didn't stop listening to it for about a week. It flowed so nicely and smoothly. I knew every word by the time I fell asleep the night I bought it."
"Good to know. Favorite memory of the tours?" I asked and she laughed before she answered.
"There was this one show where I was up in the balcony and I could've sworn you waved to me a few times. So to try to get you to say something, I saluted you every time Jeff hit the crowd with lights. You didn't say anything though." she laughed harder and blushed.
"You're so weird." I kissed her head.

------------------
"Where are we going?!" Liz yelled as she packed up her stuff.
"Not telling you. Come on you can wait a few more hours."
"Nope. I can't. Just tell me." she begged.
"Not yet." I kissed her head. I picked up the bags we had. 

We had driven back to the house after I got Liz to calm down enough. I had also called the front desk to make sure the Adman's had left. I carried the bags to the car then came back in to grab the rest. Liz was sitting on the stairs watching me. 

"Thanks for all your help." I said sarcastically.
"I'm trying to figure out where you're bringing me. Are we flying, driving, or what?"
"Driving."
"Okay so it's somewhere close." she tried to figure it out. 
"Thats what you think. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes."
"Why?"
"You're gonna help with the driving. Unless you want to fly." 
"Well what's easier for you?"
"Doesn't matter. Flying takes less time I guess."
"Then we'll fly."

-------------
Thank god Liz wasn't paying attention every time where we were going was announced. We we're just about to land and Liz was asleep on my shoulder. I waited until the flight attendant said it was alright to get up to wake her up. I grabbed our bags and helped my half asleep wife off the plane. 

"Where are we?" she mumbled.
"Still not telling. We're not there yet." I answered. She groaned a little. We walked to the car rental desk and got a car for the week. I put our stuff in it   And helped Liz in. I drove away from the airport as Liz fell back asleep. 

She must of had a nightmare or something because halfway through the ride, she started tossing and turning, in what little space she had. I held her hand and kissed it for her to calm down. She woke up suddenly and took terrified.

"You okay?"
"Yeah," she sighed. "I'm fine. Where are we?" she looked around.
"Well, I could tell you or you could wait two more seconds."
"I hate waiting." she sat back in her seat. Just then, I pulled up to a cottage and she started smiling. 
"Welcome to our honeymoon." I said.
"Are we where I think we are?" she smiled.
"If you think we're in Mayflower Beach in Cape Cod, then yes."

Liz teared up because this is where she spent every summer growing up. She hugged me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of just a filler chapter. The next one will be better I promise! It'll hopefully be up tomorrow (Sunday)!

Love & rockets