Status: Done! Read the sequel to see what happens!

If You Can Keep Me Guessing

"I've got the guts to say anything."

I walked down the hall way toward Mr Thomsen's room. I saw nurses running in and one guy pulling Liz out of the room. She was screaming and crying. It looked like a movie. I put the coffee down and ran to we and held her. 

"He's gone... He died..." she said into my chest. She was a mess. I know that's an obvious statement but she hadn't been this bad since she got the news. I rubbed her back.
"It's better for him, baby. He's okay now. He doesn't feel any pain. He's perfectly healthy now." I kissed her head.
"I want him to be okay here! Not anywhere else! I need him right here! I need him." She completely broke down. "He's the only person that has been there through it all! He's the only one that understands my past! And now he's gone. I lost him." 
"Shh, I got you." I rocked her a little. She kept crying. I held her tight. I hated seeing her like this. 

-----------------
"Can you zip this for me?" Liz asked quietly. I zipped up her black dress and kissed her shoulder. We were getting ready for her dad's funeral. She had been dreading it. She thanked me then put her heels on.
"I've got the tissues and a shoulder for you to lean on." I reminded her.
"Thanks babe." she smiled a little. She had barely talked since her dad passed. She only said a few words at a time and I was scared that she'd sink back into her depression.

I walked her downstairs to the car. I opened her car door and closed it after she got in. We drove in silence to the church. I held her hand the whole time. As we got close, she squeezed gently. We walked in behind her father's casket and I saw that Jack and the guys were there. I also saw Kim and Ray but didn't say anything to Liz. We took our seats at the front of the church and Liz hadn't let go of my hand.

Liz had decided to give the eulogy. I knew it'd be hard for her but I told her I'd help. It came time for it and she asked me to go with her.

"Hi everyone. This is a terrible reason to see all of you again but if you don't remember me I'm William's daughter Elizabeth. I already miss my dad. He was a great role model for me. He had always been there for me because that's the kind of guy he was. He dropped anything he was doing if I needed his help. I loved that about him. He was a pretty goofy guy, always cracking jokes and what not. But when needed, he could scare me into doing anything he asked. My dad and I had a special bond. He was my best friend and the best father a girl could ask for. My dad once told me my smile lights up a room and you  can fell when I'm sad or angry because everything seems darker. He always knew when I needed to vent, when I needed to be left alone, when I needed ice cream, or when I needed to be punished." She laughed a little then teared up. "I'm gonna miss him a lot. He was always a phone call away for me. But I guess something or someone else needed him for bigger and better things. You'll always be at home in my heart, dad. I hope I'm making you proud and becoming the woman you wanted me to be. Love you and I'll smile like you always wanted me to." she finished and I hugged her tight.
"That was awesome babe." I took her hand and walked down to our seats. 

The funeral ended a little after that and we walked to the cemetery across the street and laid him to rest. We got in our cars and headed to the reception. I pulled into the parking lot and found a spot then turned off the car. We sat there for a minute.

"I have no desire to go in there, but I know my dad would want me to." Liz murmured. 
"Just say the word and I'll drive us home. You seem like you need ice cream and bad movies."
"I do." she laughed a little. A laugh was a good sign. We got out of the car and went into the reception. I held her hand and she leaned into me as we walked. I only let go when people hugged her. They all said how sorry they were for her loss. 

It all calmed down after about an hour and we finally got to sit down by ourselves. I sat on a chair and she sat on my lap. We didn't say anything but I could tell she was sad and tired. I wanted to tell we how pretty she looked but I wasn't sure if it helped. She wore a black long sleeved dress with black heels. Her hair was half up and the other half was sitting on her shoulders. I kissed her cheek.

"You look exhausted." I said to her quietly.
"I am. There's too much on my mind."
"If I could I help block it all out I would baby." I said and she leaned her forehead onto mine and we kissed softly. We stayed there for a moment after the kiss when suddenly two people walked up to us. Liz's face dropped.

"Elizabeth? Honey can I talk to you?" Kim asked.
"Why are you here? What makes you think my father would want you here?" Liz stood up.
"Honey, I just wanted to say sorry for your loss."
"Stop calling me honey. You lost the right to call me that when you left. And sorry isn't going to bring him back Kim. Now leave. No one wants you to be here."
"Elizabeth, just calm down. We don't mean any harm." Ray spoke up.
"Shut up Ray! I don't want to hear it! And tell your asshole son I said thanks for bruises on my ribs and my husbands black eye. Now both of you leave!" Liz yelled and made the place go silent. Kim and Ray tried to say something back but Liz shut them down again. 

"Call me when you calm down, Elizabeth." Kim mumbled as she walked away.
"I'm never going to call you! You aren't my mother anymore! You leaving for Ray killed my father!" Liz yelled and was suddenly out of breath. She regained her composure and took a deep breath. "I wish you died instead of him! I hate you!" she yelled and broke down. I ran over to her and put my arms around her, grabbed out stuff and left. 

We got to the car and said nothing. We both just stared ahead of us not knowing what to say or do. Liz's phone went off to signal that she had a text message, then two, then three, then many more. She just turned her phone off. I put my hand on my face and dragged it down my face and sighed. I looked over at Liz and she had a small smirk on her face.

"What's that look for?" I asked.
"That felt amazing. I feel a little bad for saying it but it felt good to get it off my chest."
"I'm kind of proud of you baby. That was awesome! I thought you were going to punch her."
"I almost did." she laughed. I laughed and shook my head and drove home. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooo burn to Kim! what's gonna happen now?

Love & rockets :P