Punk's Not Dead

Feel So Numb


I prepare myself a bowl of cereal and sit at the table. After my first bite, I let her know exactly how I'm feeling...


I let Max describe her feelings to me. I listened to her as best as I could, but with a head full of dope, sometimes I just drifted elsewhere. She went on for some time, telling me that she really had feelings for Sid, and she told me her fears and wondered if she should just say something or keep her mouth shut.
"Honestly, Max, you should just straight up tell him how you feel!" I said, hopping down from the counter, and sniping her bowl of cereal and downing the rest of it's contents. I wasn't hungry, very far from it actually, but I wanted to steer the subject off of Sid for a little bit. "Ey, what the hell?!" She scoffed as she tried to pry the bowl of cereal from my hands, but failed miserably as the bowl tipped, spilling it's milky contents all down the front of her Alice Cooper T-Shirt. "Now you're gonna get it!" She growled at me, a snarl playing her lips, although I could tell that she wasn't actually pissed off. Because if there's something unmistakeable is Max when she's in a fury. I dogged a playful punch that she swung at me and ran into the living room, where I collided into a half-naked Sid. He was still half asleep when the collision happened, and I was sent flying to the ground with the wind knocked out of me. I sort of just lay there for a second and then look up at Sid, who's still half-dazed and not too sure what had just happened. "Watch where you're going!" I said, getting up from the ground and brushing my butt off. I could feel Sid watching me, but I just gave him a snarl. Although Max was his biggest fan, I was not.
I couldn't say I hated Sid Vicious, but I surely didn't trust him after what had happened with Max and that good-for-nothing-bitch Nancy, in the past. I know he had cleaned himself up, but it doesn't erase the memories that he left behind. Just the Max popped up behind me, unexpectedly and without a warning dumped a glass of freezing cold water down the back of my shirt, dripping directly down into my pants. "You rotten cunt!" I screamed as I scrambled to get up from the floor. Sid laughed as he watched us chase each other around the house. Eventually I got tired of running after Max, and I let myself slump down into one of the tattered armchairs that resided in the living room. I felt drained and my head was swimming, that's what I get for exerting myself after a long night awake and cranking. Sid and Max had gone back into their room. I could feel my eyes start to tingle and droop as fatigue overcame me suddenly. I lay back in the chair and let my eyes drift close and as the last moments of consciousness slipped passed, the only thing I could hear was Max's moans of pleasure through the paper thin walls, and I thought to myself "Bloody Horndogs..." and I was dead to the world.