Punk's Not Dead

Somebody To Love.

It was around 1 am when Sid and I decided to go home. Sid was somewhat tired and bummed out by not being able to get high. He had drank a little, but not enough to get shitfaced. We just left the apartment, figuring Lilith would be home soon enough.

Last thing I knew, she was tripping on acid with Rotten and some of his buddies.

When we finally got home, Sid dragged me to bed and fucked me all night long. It was really good sex. The best I've ever had. Honestly, it was just the greatest thing.

We both passed out afterwards. Sid held me tightly, caressing my hair. An hour later, Sid woke up, screaming and thrashing. I think he was having a horrible nightmare. I'm not exactly sure what it was about; he never told me. I held him as he finally calmed down and tried sleeping again.

Well, at least, I fell asleep.

I woke up to no one in my arms. I turned around and looked all over the bedroom. Nothing; nobody. On the pillow beside me was a note. I flipped it open.

Dear Maxigan,

You're too good for me. I've hurt you so much...and I'm about to do it again. I can't stop thinking about heroin. I need it.

I need Nancy.

Love, Sid.


Tears welled up in my eyes as I reread and reread. Sid was going to overdose on heroin. He was going to kill himself for that stupid bitch! Why the fuck would he do that to me? Fuckin' Sid, always runnin' away to fucking nauseating Nancy.

I rushed downstairs and into the kitchen. I picked up the phone and dialed Silver's number. By chance, Rotten picked up.

"Who the fuck is callin' 'ere?" He asked, obviously angry.

"Rotten, it's me. Maxi. Look, Sid left a note. He's gone. He's gonna go overdose. Where's his dealer live? Please tell me!" I said all in one breath.

"Maxi? What are you talking about?"

"Rotten, come on! Tell me! Last night, he was fine. Really good in fact...but this morning, he wasn't there. All there was, was this note saying he needs heroin and Nancy! Johnny, please...just tell me where it is. I love Sid...I don't want him to die."

After a little pause,

"Go down Wilson street, last house on the right. Perfect crack palace, Max. Trust me, can't miss it."

I hung up without saying bye. I just raced out the door, got in my car and drove off down the street. I was well passed the speed limit. It didn't matter. I just wanted to find Sid on time.

The last thing I remember, was the swerving car, coming right at me.