Punk's Not Dead

Space Oddity.

I woke up the next morning, groggy and tired. Sid and I stayed up until 4 am; we were practicing our spells and chants.

It was about 9:30, and Sid and I were an hour late for school. Which is the normal for us. I shook Sid. The young Brit woke up with a sudden shock and smacked me down.

"That is a rotten thing to do to a bloke when he's having a nice dream about Sarah Colesman."

I rolled my eyes. Sarah Colesman was the foreign exchange student from America. She transferred to our class last September. It was last semester that Sid had developed a small crush on Sarah. Quickly, my raven haired friend became infatuated with this American girl. It really angered me.

Lilith had been there to comfort me whenever Sid would ditch me to go hang out with her. I don't understand how a punk like him hung out with a cheerleader slut like her.

When I got up, I decided to skip school for today. I needed to pick up some booze for the party. My decision was changed when my father yelled for us to get our asses up and go to school. Sid got dressed and went out through the bathroom window.

I was up and dressed in two minutes. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair. When I got downstairs, I grabbed my bag by the door. Before my dad could yell at me, I was out the door and on the bus that Sid got waiting for us.

We made it to school an hour and fifteen minutes late. The secretary let us go to class with a detention slip.

Fifth time late this month...