Punk's Not Dead

Hold Me Close

We thank the doctor and give our names to the receptionist and head home for a well deserved rest. One thing is still buzzing in my mind as we stroll, hand-in-hand down the darkened streets. Where the fuck is Sid?

When we finally arrived at Maxi's and I's place, I opened the door, which had been left unlocked, something that wasn't unusual and kicked my platform heels off, sending them flying into the living room. My feet thanked me, considering I had been running around in them for hours. Rotten left his shoes on, which didn't really matter, the place was a mess anyways.

I wandered into the kitchen, which was also a complete disaster. Dishes piled high, in strategic positions, so they wouldn't topple over. The garbage can was overflowing and some of the trash littered the floor around it. Flies started to swarm as it became rank and rotten. I shrugged, certainly not in the mood to tackle the time wasting task. I made my way through the litter and opened the fridge door. The stench that escaped it caused me to gag. We had forgotten some fresh veggies in there and they had begun to mold, causing a rank smell. I held my breath, grabbed two beer and called out to Rotten, "Oi! Do you want a beer?!"

I didn't bother waiting for a reply, I slammed the fridge door, causing a few things that rested on top of it to come flying to the floor. I shrugged and made my way back to the living room, where Rotten was sprawled out on the couch. He looked up at me, and a grin played his lips. I felt my heart skip a beat and I started to wonder if I was actually falling for him. I smiled back and plopped myelf down beside him, the couch sinking in beneath me.

"'ere you go!" I said, handing him the unopened can of Clancy's. Without a second thought, he cracked it open and downed half of it in one large gulp. "Thank ya, love. Refreshing! I was dying of thirst." He chuckled and placed his arm around my waist, pulling me tighter to him. I opened my own beer and took a drink, savoring it's taste and then rested my head on his shoulder.

We sat in silence, enjoying each other's presence and sipping out beers, when suddenly the phone began to ring. My heart stopped, my mind racing to the thought of something bad happening to Maxi. I ran to answer it, knocking my beer over, pooling it's liquids out onto the already gritty and stained carpet.

"Ello!" I almost yelled into the receiver. The voice I heard made anger seer through me, instantly. "Ay! I- uh...it's Sid..."