Punk's Not Dead

Got To Get You Into My Life.

The next day was a bit more hectic, seeing as I had to go to work and leave Sid alone. He pleaded, begged, argued and more until he finally pouted and sat down on the couch.

"When will you be home then?" He asked, whining.
"Should be home around three. Please, don't get into any trouble. I'll bring us some dinner on the way home. Chicken and chips sound okay to you?"

He smiled like a tiny child and nodded. I kissed him on the cheek, smoothed his hair, grabbed my purse and was out the door in no time.

After Sid left London to go leave with Nancy in New York, I left the whole drug scene, decided to go work for my uncle. He owned a record shop in the same town I was living in, so he hired me, allowed me to get clean off drugs and let me stay in one of his apartments. This has been going on for almost a year now.

Occasionally, I did smoke weed and do some drugs. Nothing too bad.

Around four o'clock p.m.

When I got home, Sid was watching t.v., looking a little bored. Beside him, was the bass I had bought him for the Christmas of '72. When he heard me step into the living room, he bounded up and kissed me roughly.

"Hi Sid, how ya doin'?" I asked, setting the chicken and chips down on the kitchen counter.
"Well, I got a little bored this afternoon, so I found this and...well, I decided to try and re-learn what I already knew. Can we eat now? I'm starving."

I was really shocked at how good he looked. It had been a day or two that he hadn't been on heroin. He looked really good. Less shaken up. And he even had an appetite!! Sid was...remarkable.

"Yeah, sure, just go get some plates."

Sid and I ate all the while, he told me of his day. Which consisted of him watching t.v., walking around town for a bit and then finally re-learning some of the bass. I noticed many of my records lay all over the living room floor.

"So, you've been re-learning the bass? How's it been?" I asked, taking a sip of my wine.
"...Not bad. I wondered if you could help me a little," He pleaded, looking into my eyes.

How could I say no?

"Of course!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Maxi's POV