Punk's Not Dead

Voodoo Child.

That morning, when I was finished eating, Sid sat down to me. He looked awful.

"I need...I need my fix. I don't know what to do, Maxi. I don't want to end up dead."

I was very shocked. I hadn't heard Sid say anything emotional like that in a long while. Tears slowly brimmed his eyes; he feared they would pour down onto his face. I took Sid Vicious in my arms, and we cried for a little while. Silently.

If I would ever mention this to someone, Sid would probably deny it.

After a while, we decided to go to a detoxification hospital. Sid needed methadone. Driving there was very silent also. When we got out of the car, Sid wrapped his arm around me.

Walking in together, the receptionist gave us this weird stare. I began talking to her and asking her a couple things about what I should do with Sid's problem. She clearly looked like she didn't care much. She gave me some methadone and took some of Sid's information.

We had to come back once a day or two. Sid would probably start going through heavy withdrawal. She didn't even consider taking Sid into the hospital to stay. Just told us that.

Short and sweet.

When we got home, Sid sulked in his room for a while. I didn't feel like waiting around on him, so I wrote a note telling him I was leaving. I decided to take a walk in town...
♠ ♠ ♠
Maxi's POV