Status: One-shot :P

Thank You For the Venom

Thank You For the Venom

~*Thank You For the Venom*~
One-Shot by AllApologies451994

Gerard's POV

I sit alone in my room, watching, waiting. He should be here any moment.... Why isn't he here yet? It's not unusual that he's keeping me waiting; it's something he's always done before. This is different, though. He was supposed to be here two hours ago. Is my Frank standing me up again?

Right as I'm about to just give up on him and go lie down, I hear banging against my wall. I poke my head out, and see him standing there. He doesn't look happy, and I begin to feel worried. What have I done this time? Should I prepare for the worst?

I pull him in through the window, and he brushes past me to sit on the bed. He looks at me expectantly. "Well, Gerard? What do you have to say for yourself?" I start to get nervous, as I don't know what it is that I have done to make him unhappy. I'm such an idiot, I really am. Why can't I ever stop hurting people?

"I'm sorry about whatever it is I've done to make you so unhappy, Frank. Really, I am. I'll try to watch out for things like that in the future, honest." I was growing even more panicked with that look he was giving me. Seriously, what have I done?

"Really? I saw you looking over my friend, Bert, and I didn't exactly like it. Is there something wrong with me that you have to look at other men? Is that it?" "No, Frank! Of course not! I wasn't trying to give you that impression at all! You know you're the only one for me. I have eyes for no one but you..."

Now's he's walking towards me, with a hint of distrust in his eyes. Is he really jealous? He's the only guy I've ever loved, and it should be obvious. I always wear my heart on my sleeve, to avoid any confusion. I'm his, nothing can ever change that. Why doesn't he believe me?

"Really? If I'm the only one for you, prove it. Give me a reason to believe you." "But Frank, what can I do?" "Give to me what I need. Prove to me that I'm the only one for you."

How am I supposed to do that? I have to think of how....

Before I know it, his lips crash into mine. I love his kisses, but this one... has a sting to it. It's like a poison. It's nice, but hurts... makes me feel dirty, ill.... I feel the pain, the heartbreak he must be feeling.... Do I really have such an impact on him, just by befriending other people? Maybe I should stop...

He pulls away, and looks at me, hurt in his eyes. I hate that look. It makes me feel dirty on the inside.

"Gerard, you know that I love you. You're the only one for me, and that's exactly what I show. I don't go around flirting with any of your friends. That's what stings about this. If you don't love me back... you should just leave me. Save me from the heartbreak I'm bound to face." "No, Frank, I do love you! I can't even imagine living a life without your heart. Our love can never die. I promise, I'll be more careful. Honest."

He smiles at me, and I'm relieved. "Alright. I believe you. Just... don't hurt me any more, okay?" I nod, and pull him into a hug.

This love him and I share.... It's like, a single red rose that you put on someone's coffin door. A rose that contains all the love and passion you want to share for that person, yet it contains all the heartbreak and grief of how they're gone, never to return again. Our love is just that. Painful, heartbreaking.

But... something so imperfect just has to be pure, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
This is something I wrote up a long time ago for a collection of oneshots for every song from Revenge. I'm just now getting around to uploading it on my own page. Please send me some feedback in the comments section. Hope you enjoyed(: