Status: Completed

Lucky Now.

Afraid not scared.

A part of him would forever belong to Leah Adams.

In fact, his first kiss belonged to that cute, little girl in the red dress from his 5th grade class. After hours of searching the grass under the monkey bars for a four leaf clover, she kissed him square on the mouth leaving the small boy with a smile on his face and one four leaf clover less, but that was the least of his worries.

Ever since that day he had been mesmerized by the green eyed girl. He watched her blossom from that cute, little girl to a mature, young lady. It still left him a bit flustered when she said hello to him or flashed a smile his way. He always returned the gesture which just sparked a bit of hope in him that he knew shouldn't exist. Don't get him wrong, Leah was one of the nicest people he knew, but their worlds couldn't have been further apart. He was a bit on the nerdy side, burying himself in anything music related and making it a priority to buy any comic or movie involving the living dead. He would be slightly embarrassed if she ever found out that part of him.

Leah though was always the life of the party and she didn't even know it. He watched her at parties and people flocked to her like a moth to a flame. Although he knew why. Her smile brought them in, but her sweet interior made them stay. He guessed in a way those rules applied to him. He felt that way towards her. He was drawn to her in a way he couldn't explain. The only thing that held him back from attempting to start any sort of relationship with her was himself. His shy side wouldn't allow it no matter how much his heart ached for it.

So he continued to do what he did everyday which was watch her from his seat in class that happened to be too far from her. He often found himself wondering if she ever thought of him, but quickly dismissed the idea.

"Stop it." John, his friend hissed from behind him and Garrett let out a sigh as he turned to look at the lanky boy.

"What?"

"It creeps me out, man."

Garrett shrugged not in the mood to start something with John. It was odd that the two were friends simply because John, in a sort, was the male version of Leah. He was likable, and it was funny that him and Garrett liked the same things because Garrett could never imagine himself like John.

"Dude, just ask her out."

Garrett shook his head no as if that was the most absurd thing he had ever heard, which in hindsight it was.

"Fine, ask her to hang out."

"No..."

"Why? She'd say yes."

"Out of pity." Garrett grumbled turning back in his seat and John sighed, "You're going to be the 40 year old virgin with lots of cats and zombie movies."

"Sounds like a win, win."

John shook his head at his friend wondering why Garrett was the way he was because in his eyes the boy was a cool kid and an even better friend then he deserved. He enjoyed having him around. It mellowed him out because he was so hyper active.

The bell sounded signaling the end of school and Garrett got up throwing his messanger bag over his body. He brushed his hair from his eyes realizing that it might be time for a trim at the least.

He looked up in time to see Leah looking in his direction. A smile hit her lips and he stood there looking like the moron that he was.

"Have a good weekend Garrett." The sweet girl said as she passed and he couldn't even form a word to respond with.

A laugh bellowed from John who threw his arm over the short boy's shoulders, "Oh we have got to work on your skills. It's slightly pathetic. Have you learned nothing from me?" John asked ushering him out of class.

Garrett simply rolled his eyes. He had accepted his awkward ways and the fact that he had zero ability to charm a girl like John did.

"What's wrong?" Pat asked once they reached their lockers.

Pat was Garrett's go to guy. Out of all the people he hung out with he trusted him the most, told him things John wouldn't understand.

"Leah told him to have a good weekend and I think he mentally fainted." John chuckled shoving his books into his locker. He was the least concerned with school so it didn't matter to him.

"Dude." Pat said slamming his locker shut which caused his long hair to blow in his face.

"Shut up. Can we just go to practice?" Garrett mumbled as he watched Pat pull his hair up like a girl.

"Sure, man." Pat chuckled as they exited the school.

The three boys plus a few other friends had a small band they had some how thrown together. For once Garrett had something he was excited about besides brushing into Leah in the halls. It also helped that his friends were into it as much as he was.

"So, one might say, Kennedy Brock, how was class today?" The boy named Kennedy said as he threw his bag down on the floor of Pat's garage were they had their instruments set up.

Garrett chuckled from the floor where he messed with his bass.

"Fine, I will. Kennedy Brock, how was class today?" The red headed boy named Jared asked as he tangled himself in cords.

"Oh funny you should ask. See, since my name is Brock, B comes after A which means, in history class I sit behind the love of Garrett's life." He said and with that Garrett's eyes shot up.

"Ah, I figured I would get your attention. Let me proceed." The boy responded with a smile. He liked making Garrett nervous. Although he was unsure the boy could be more of a mess than he already was.

"So, little miss perfect and I are now partners for a project. Which, isn't important, but what is important is that we had to work on it today which means we talked..."

John was laughing from his seat and Garrett was fighting the urge to yell at the boy to tell him to spit it out already.

"And?" Pat spoke for him and he bit his lip as he stared at Kennedy.

"And I invited her to our show tomorrow."

Garrett completely froze from his words. Sure, they played small places occasionally to maybe a crowd of 20 if they were lucky, but he didn't care if there were a million, if he knew Leah was there he was going to pass out before it started.

"Did she say yes?" John asked now curious.

"Yes. In fact her words were, I'd love to. Isn't Garrett in the band?" Kennedy said a grin now on his lips and Garrett was sure his face was blood red.

"Oh shit." John said chuckling simply because he didn't understand how one girl could make Garrett so frazzled.

"Of course, I said yes and then she said to tell me to tell you to text her the time and place." He said throwing a wad of paper into the boys lap.

"Why me?" He squeaked out as he grabbed up the paper nervously.

"Yeah, why him? I believe that was a shut down, Ken." Jared joked and Kennedy simply shrugged, "I'm not the one who likes her so it doesn't hurt my feelings any."

"Is this a joke?" Pat asked coming to his friends defense. Yes he may have found Garrett's shyness a bit ridiculous, but he didn't want anyone taking advantage of him.

"What?! No." Kennedy said seriously and Pat shrugged, "Just wondering..."

Garrett let out a sigh. He was now stressed over something most people would be happy about.

"Well? Text her!" John shouted and Garrett shook his head no.

"Dude. She's waiting for you to."

He sighed and stared at his iphone that sat in front of him. All she wanted was the location. He could do that right?

He shakily picked up his phone and entered the number off the crumbled sheet of paper.

"What do I say?" He asked looking up at the four sets of eyes that were burning into him.

"Um, hi?" Pat offered and John chuckled, "She'd expect that from him. So yes, go for it."

He forced himself to write a simple text which he over thought for several moments.

'Hi, this is Garrett. Kennedy said you were coming tomorrow night?'

God. Could he sound more like a dork? He sighed regretting it as soon as he hit send.

His phone lit up seconds later and his heart picked up speed as he quickly hit the button to view the text from the number he now knew as hers.

' Yes. :) I mean, if that's ok.'

He scoffed. Right, like he would deny her anything she wanted.

'Of course it is. Can't wait to see you. :)'

For a second there he questioned if John had told him to send that because it sounded, well, confident. Which wasn't very Garrett like.

'Great. So I'm pretty excited. Um, can I ride with you guys? I mean, directions and me do not mix.'

"Uh, she just asked me if she could ride with us there."

"This is when you say yes!" John said and Garrett breathed in deeply.

'Sure. You remember where I live? You can meet us there.'

'Garrett, if I didn't know where you lived I would question my sanity since oh, my grandparents are right across the street. You may know them, Mr and Mrs. Adams? ;) '

He chuckled at her sarcasm and responded telling her what time to meet them. He found himself nervous and excited all at the same time. Nervous to be so close to her and excited to be able to finally get to really know her.

Luck seemed to be on his side now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I swear, me and As Above_So Below can read each others minds...I was like mhm, I really want to post the first chapter to this, so I go and click on it and bam, layout is already up! Ha.

Anyways. I'm excited for this to start! :)

Thanks haiialiciaa for the first comment! :3