Status: Completed

Lucky Now.

Life is beautiful.

"This weekend!" Pat squealed as he fell into the seat next to Leah. She gave him a confused look as the teacher told him to quiet down.

"Craig called. It's gonna be Saturday at the place we played last weekend." He whispered leaning closer to her desk.

The girl smiled, "That's great!"

"Yeah, I know! Kennedy basically skipped last block to talk to him in the bathroom."

She laughed as Pat leaned back into his seat obviously happy. It didn't take much to put Pat in a good mood though.

Once class was over she hurried to her locker to grab her book for last class which was with Garrett.

"Hey." Garrett whispered as he wrapped his arms around the girl taking her a bit off guard.

"Hi."

He kissed her cheek, "Did Pat tell you?"

"Yes! I'm excited!"

He laughed, "As am I!"

She turned to face him and he kissed her quickly, "Come on. Let's get this over with." He linked their hands and walked through the crowd of people to the class room.

Once they sat down she laid her head on the desk with a sigh causing him to chuckle.

"What's wrong?" He asked bringing his hand to her cheek.

"Sleepy."

"Stay with me tonight?"

She nodded and he chuckled, "Looks like I'll be the one keeping you up tonight instead of the other way around like usual."

"Oh see, no, we are different simply because I can sleep through your talking."

He rolled his eyes with a grin and retrieved his hand from the girl as the teacher walked in.

"Oh, my mom wanted me to tell you she's picking up your prom dress today because it finally came in."

"Ah yes." She said causing him to laugh, "Is it that great?"

"Oh it is. Wait until you see it on!"

He stiffled a laugh, "Pretty sure you could make a paper bag look good so I don't think it matters that much."

The girl rolled her eyes and he flashed a grin before turning his attention to the teacher who was writing who knows what on the board.

Once class was over the two were met by John outside the door, "Look, let's skip tomorrow and go to the beach!"

"Fine." Garrett responded with a shrug and John gave him a look, "Wow, Since when has it ever been that easy?"

"She's already ruined my attendance." He said pointing to the girl who was now at her locker a few feet away.

"You're a jerk, Nickelsen!" She said loudly causing John to laugh.

"I did not make him skip." She said as they reached her and Garrett nodded in disagreement.

"I know you didn't. Although it doesn't matter because if you told him to jump off a bridge he knows he shouldn't but he still would."

Garrett glared at the boy as Leah laughed and linked her hand with Garrett's as they walked out of the building.

"So beach?" Jared asked meeting the three out in the parking lot along with Pat and Kennedy.

"Yep. Gar is becoming a wild animal!" John stated causing everyone to laugh minus Garrett of course.

"Pretty girls do that man." Kennedy said patting the boys shoulder sympathetically and Garrett rolled his eyes, "Look, we are leaving...see you idiots tomorrow."

"We are meeting at John's!" Pat shouted and Garrett waved his hand to signal he heard. Leah couldn't help but laugh.

"I need new friends." He grumbled as he opened the passenger door to his car for the girl.

She kissed his cheek and thanked him before getting in and he chuckled as he went to his side. He liked her cute ways. He couldn't help it.

"So we can go by your place and grab your things first." He stated and she nodded in approval.

Once at her place they headed to her bedroom where she grabbed a bag and began throwing things in.

"Oh don't forget your swim suit." He said falling onto her bed. The thought of her in a swim suit made it a bit hard to breathe. He had never seen her in such lack of clothing and it made him nervous all over again although he was sure he'd enjoy the site. He placed his hands behind his head with a sigh.

"What's wrong Gar bear?" She joked as she sat down beside him. He shifted to look at her and a grin hit his lips,"Oh you know, nothing. Just thinking about how beautiful you are. The usual."

She rolled her eyes as a blush hit her cheeks, "I'm sure."

He laughed and pulled her down to him, "I love you."

"I love you too." She said with a grin before kissing him quickly, "Come on, let's go."

He got off the bed as she grabbed her bag and they headed back out.

"Good! You're here! Garrett doesn't forget everything afterall!" Mrs. Nickelsen stated once the pair walked in.

"I am so loved in my family." He said looking at Leah who started laughing as she sat on the couch.

"Well come try it on! Garrett we got you a matching tie." His mom said excitedly and he simply nodded from his seat as his girlfriend headed upstairs.

He sighed and played with his phone until he heard his mom again.

"Look Garrett! Doesn't she look pretty!"

Garrett groaned and looked up to see Leah walking down the stairs. His breath hitched in his throat as he stared at the girl before him unable to move his eyes.

"What do you think? Is the green ok with you? At least I didn't get pink." She said with a smile and all he managed to do was nod. The green matched her eyes perfectly and he had a hard time imaging her in anything else.

"Oh let me go get that tie!" His mom said rushing up the stairs and Garrett got to his feet.

"You look gorgeous. As always." He finally said as he grabbed for her hand.

"Thanks Gar." She responded and he brushed her hair behind her ear.

"How did I get you?" He asked at a whisper as he gently pulled her closer.

"I don't know. You and your nerdy ways have skills."

He chuckled, "No we don't. Trust me."

She laughed and he cupped her face before kissing her, "I love you." He said before kissing her once more.

"See! Not bad." His mom said heading back down the stairs causing him to back up a bit from the girl.

"Yeah, it's fine." He responded his eyes never leaving his girlfriend.

"I'm going to go change!" Leah stated before sprinting up the stairs causing his mother to chuckle. Garrett looked over at her and once he realized the laughing was towards him he crossed his arms uncomfortably, "What?"

"You're so in love it's funny..."

He rolled his eyes, "Am not."

"Oh yes. It's obvious."

He shrugged not wanting to tell his mother that he was, and had been for weeks and that the girl knew it already.

"Mom, leave me alone." He grumbled as Leah came back downstairs. He held his arms out and she hugged herself to him.

"She's being mean to me." He said loud enough for his mom to hear as she began to pick up a magazine from the couch.

His mom laughed as Leah giggled into his shirt.

"Yeah, you're right. Horrible mom you've got." His mom responded and he nodded, "I know."

He grabbed Leah's hand and pulled her up the stairs to his room where they spent most of the rest of the day.

"Leah!" Garrett shouted at a whisper trying to wake the girl so they could go to the beach.

She swatted at him and he laughed before pinning her hands to the bed.

"Come on love. We gotta go." He said placing kisses on her face.

"Ok, ok."

He released his grasp and climbed from the bed. He had been up for about 30 minutes and had already gotten dressed and filled his backpack because they had to pretend to be going to school so his mom didn't freak.

Leah got up and ready in no time and he grabbed her stuff on their way down. They said their goodbyes to his mother and once safely in the car they headed to John's house.

"It's like a 3 hour drive, why are we doing this again?" Garrett asked as he grabbed their things from the backseat.

"Live a little." Leah joked elbowing him in the side as Pat pulled up beside them.

"I got the floaties!" Pat shouted hopping from the car causing Leah to go into a fit of giggles. Kennedy rolled his eyes as he got out of the passenger side.

"Who's car are we taking?" Pat asked and Leah shrugged as John and Jared walked out of the house.

"My mom's." John stated.

"Her suv? She's allowing this?" Kennedy questioned and John shrugged, "What she doesn't know won't hurt her."

"This is going to end badly, but ok." Pat shrugged and Leah laughed as they all piled in. Leah sat between Pat and Garrett as Jared took the front seat and Kennedy in the back.

"Seriously, I love you guys, but can not one of you get a girlfriend?" Leah asked causing Garrett to laugh.

"Why do we need to have one? Pat is basically a girl." Jared said causing Leah to laugh and Pat to cross his arm with a pout.

"Is not." She said throwing her arms around the small boy.

"Well, date him, Garrett can find another girl and well, then you won't be the only one." Kennedy said causing Leah to shoot him a look, "Oh yeah, because I'd be ok with that and all."

Garrett chuckled from beside her as he watched the two.

"Why not? I'm pretty datable." Pat stated and Garrett grabbed Leah and pulled her closer to his side, "Back off."

Leah cuddled into his side as the car grew quiet and before she knew it she had fallen asleep.

"She does hang out with us a lot." John said randomly.

"Huh?" Garrett spoke with confusion.

"Leah. She does hang out wth us a lot, does she even talk to those bitch of friends anymore?" John asked.

"Uh, I don't really think so..."

"I like her hanging with us." Pat said defending the sleeping girl.

"Oh, I'm not saying I don't. She's a cool girl. I'm just saying."

"Well I don't know about everyone else but I'm pretty excited to see what she looks like in a bathing suit!" Kennedy said and Garrett glared at him causing Kennedy to chuckle, "What? You're not?"

"Oh you will find out if he is or not, if he gets all nervous once we are there." John stated causing the boys to laugh as Garrett glared at Kennedy once more. You think he would be able to ignore their teasing by now. Then again, he knew that they were more right than they assumed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a bit short, but next chapter will make up for it I promise. ;)

Thanks for commenting;
Shootingmoons
Underdog425
Lovelyhope
:)