Status: Completed

Lucky Now.

Please don't let me go.

"So, you're not coming back to school?" Leah asked as she stared at Garrett who leaned against his locker with arms crossed.

"Well, maybe Monday..."

"Oh..." She responded and he reached out, grabbing her fingers with his.

"We just can't do what we need to do when we have school all day. It's not like I won't be in town anymore. We just get to graduate sooner."

She nodded as she stared into his blue eyes.

"Don't worry, please." He whispered brushing her hair behind her ear. He knew she was worried. He could see it in her eyes and he didn't know what to say to make it better.

"I'm not." She mumbled and he sighed moving closer to her.

"I love you." He whispered pressing his forehead to hers, "That is not going to change no matter where I am."

It was funny how the roles had quickly reversed. Garrett being the confident, reassuring one, and Leah being the one who worried and was unsure about things going on between them. It wasn't that she was insecure like Garrett. No, she had never been that. It's just that she loved him so much that the thought of something happening to their relationship made her sick to her stomach. Of course Garrett couldn't even dream about being without her, so he found her worrying to be senseless although he found himself doing the same occasionally.

"Come on. Let's get out of here." He added realizing the hallways had officially cleared out.

She nodded and he grabbed her hand up, leading them to his car.

"Wanna go to John's tonight with me? They rented some movie that just came out. Think it was some superhero which I could see you being into." He said glancing over at her as he drove to her house. A grin hit the girl's lips as she stared out the window and at least that brought some comfort to him. She clearly wasn't mad at him which he was glad of.

"Ok." She finally spoke and he gave her hand a squeeze as he bypassed her neighborhood and headed to his. Once at his home he lead her inside, trying to think of ways to get her to speak. Her silence nerved him.

"Baby..." He finally spoke unable to take anymore as she fell onto his bed. She turned her head to look at him and he raked his hand through his messy hair.

"What's wrong? Talk to me." He said desperately as he sat on the edge of the bed. She stared up at him as he traced his fingers down her jaw.

"Nothing."

"You're lying." He said with a grin.

She shrugged unsure of how to put her thoughts into words.

He leaned down and kissed her forehead, "Ok, I shall guess." He said lying on his stomach beside her and she chuckled as he ran his fingers into her hair.

"Are you mad at me?" He whispered and she shook her head no.

"Are you angry at anything or anyone?"

She chuckled, "No."

"Ok, that makes me feel better. Um, did I hurt your feelings and am unaware?"

"No of course not."

"Leah..." He said giving up with a sigh and she shrugged, "I'm seriously fine. Just thinking."

"That's just it. Wht are you thinking about?"

"Everything. Us, school, all of the guys."

He kissed her shoulder before relaxing his head on the bed, "Don't worry. Please. I do that enough, I don't need you to as well."

She laughed softly and a grin hit his lips as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"I just, I don't know. You guys are all I have in school, and then maybe it sounds selfish, but I haven't been a day without you in well, never, and I don't know...it's stupid."

He raised up to look into her eyes, "It's not stupid."

She shrugged slightly embarrassed from her confession.

He placed sweet kisses down her cheek before pressing his lips to hers, "You're the sweetest girl I know, you know that?"

She didn't respond just allowed him to kiss her a few more times.

"I love you so much Leah and if I didn't have to be without you I wouldn't because I've never had to be and I'm scared to miss you." He whispered, "I'm not going anywhere right now though. Don't let it upset you. I'll give you plenty of notice. Right now I'm still all yours and you're all mine." He added wrapping his arms tightly around her as he kissed her forehead.

"I know. It's just, maybe it sounds pathetic, but I can't afford to lose you. You're all I have." She mumbled honestly because that was in fact true. Her family hardly existed and all the friends she had now consisted of the group of guys who would soon be touring who knows where.

"You'll never lose me, baby. Ever. I may be all you have, but you're all I want and I can't be without you." He answered with sincerity in his voice as he searched her green eyes for any sort of emotion. She quickly raised up and pressed her lips to his which was enough for him.

*****


"My mom should be home soon." He whispered as he held her to his chest. The silence in the room being a comfortable one. One he didn't mind sharing with her.

"And we should head to John's." He added and she looked up at him, "Ok."

He chuckled and ran his hand into her hair, "I love you."

"Love you too." She responded with a grin and she pecked his cheek before climbing from the bed and reaching for her dress. Maybe it was a small something but he loved that about her. How girly she tended to be. A grin hit his lips watching her throw her hair to one shoulder as she tried to zip the summery dress up.

"I can help you know?" He stated and she looked over at him, "I was waiting for you to say that."

He chuckled and pulled himself from the bed in just his boxers which he would've been embarrassed by in the past.

"There." He whispered pressing his lips to her soft shoulder.

"Thanks. Get dressed."

He kissed her neck before forcing himself to do so.

The two of them now felt better about things. Like the small chat and love making made everything seem not so bad and at least it would be ok for a while. For now they felt like their old selves.

"You are ridiculous! If you do, I won't claim you anymore." Leah said through her laughter as they headed to John's house.

Garrett chuckled from the driver seat, "Why?! Tons of band members have signature looks!"

"I don't think wearing your own band shirt is a signature."

"It was just an idea!"

She continued to giggle as they parked in the driveway and Garrett looked over at her with a smile. He was just happy to have her laughing again.

"Is Pat here?" She asked and he nodded grabbing her hand as they headed to the porch.

"Sure you still don't like him?" He asked jokingly and she slapped his arm lightly as he pulled them into the house not finding the need to knock.

"La La!" Pat shouted and she laughed as the boy grabbed her up and spun her around like he hadn't seen her in days. He had started calling her that a week ago when he realized that her initals spelled it out. No one said Pat was the smartest one!

Garrett rolled his eyes as he took a seat by Kennedy who laughed at the two in front of them.

"Hey, Le, can I talk to you for a moment?" John asked coming out of no where and everyone including Pat looked over at the boy with confusion. He hadn't been the nicest lately so it seemed to baffle them. Garrett shot John a look and John gave him a grin trying to tell him not to worry. Leah simply nodded and followed him into the kitchen. She leaned against the counter unsure what this was about.

"I just feel like I need to apologize. You are one of my really good friends and so is Garrett and I honestly want you two to be happy and maybe I think otherwise, but if you two think whatever you have can work then by all means do it. I'm not trying to break anything up. I just don't want either of you hurt." John said sincerely as he shoved his hands into his front pockets. He just felt bad for his words lately and he wanted to fix it before they left on awkward terms.

Leah grinned before sliding her arms around the boy and hugging him which caused him to let out a sigh of relief.

"It's ok. I forgive you." She mumbled into his shirt and he wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"Good. Plus, what do I know about love? Not much." He stated and she looked up at him, "Maybe you should give it a shot."

"Maybe I'll find a girl worth giving a shot to."

"You will. Stop being such a player and maybe a decent one will want to date you."

"Noted." He responded with a grin and she smiled, "Because you're pretty amazing John Oh."

"So are you Leah A." He said kissing her forehead as he dropped his arms. Maybe she was right on some levels and John now felt himself thinking differently which was never good for him.

"Seriously don't question anything. Garrett is the most sincerest guy I know and he fucking loves you. If he says it he means it. Not that he would have to because it's clearly obvious."

She grinned and he patted her head, "I just hope you love him just as much."

"I do."

"Good. Now come on, there is a movie with our names on it." He said sliding his arm over her shoulders and walking back into the living room. Garrett's eyes immediately landed on them and she pulled away from John to sit beside him.

"So?" Garrett asked sliding his arm around her and she shrugged, "Everything is good I assume." She honestly felt that way now. She felt relieved and not so confused and she knew that in fact things were how they should be. She needed to start listening to herself more often.

"Good."

She nodded and kissed his cheek before turning her attention to the movie now starting on the screen. Garrett on the other hand kept his eyes on the girl. He wished he could feel half as confident about the situation as she now seemed to be. Although, he felt a bit better from her feeling ok, it was not enough to get rid of the horrible feeling in the pit of his stomach. He just wanted to be there for her, to be what she wanted and a part of him just knew that was not going to be the outcome, yet he was not going to dare go down without a fight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe. John's back to being the nice guy! :3

Sorry this update took forever! That whole mibba crash reall pissed me off so I had to take some time..haha.

Thanks for subscribing! :)