Status: Completed

Lucky Now.

When will you come back home?

"I'm sorry Leah, I really thought I could make it, but I'm going to go ahead and say it isn't looking too promising." Garrett said as he leaned against the wall of the dressing room him and the band had been shoved in.

"It's ok. I understand." She said which seemed like to be a recording by now. Since Garrett and the guys had left school she rarely saw them. Although she hated not seeing the others, what she really meant was she rarely saw Garrett and when she did it was at odd hours of the night whenever he got back from wherever they had a show or were recording. She honestly was proud of them and she knew he was trying so she didn't have the heart to be mad at him although she was surprised it still disappointed her when he cancelled something.

"I love you." He whispered staring at his feet as he dragged his converse across the dirty tiled floor. He felt the need to justify that as often as he could because to some it may not seem like he did, but he meant it more than anyone would ever know.

"I love you too, Gar."

He sighed blocking out the guys loud voices and laughter. He missed her. He saw her four days ago and although he showed up at her house at midnight and got to hold her while she slept, it just wasn't enough. He knew it wasn't enough for her either.

"I don't deserve you." He mumbled hanging his head causing his hair to fall around his face.

"Garrett..." She responded softly as she sat on her bed trying to find the right things to say.

"What? I don't. I know that. I'm already not there enough and it's just going to get worse, you know? I don't know if I can handle letting you down as much as I do."

"You don't let me down. I'm very proud of you and I know you do what you can." She said seriously.

"I know you are, but you deserve someone who can be there for you, someone who's reliable." He whispered and her heart raced in her chest, "Are you..um, are you breaking up with me?" She asked and he instantly shot up from his slouching position causing his head to hit the wall. He winced, bringing his hand to the back of his head as he tried to find words.

"What?! N-no, I'm not." He fumbled out, "I'm just saying, I won't blame you if one day you decide that's what's best for you."

"That isn't going to happen." She responded seriously. Yes she did some times get frustrated with the situation, but she loved him too much to give up and the times she had with him were too good to pass on.

"Ok." He mumbled, "If you say so."

The longer he spent apart from her the less confident he got in the situation. His thoughts got worse with every passing day and even she had picked up on that, so she tried to reassure him as best as she could.

"I love you a lot, you know?" She said and a grin hit his lips, "Yeah?"

"Yeah, a whole lot. Plus, finding someone with better hair than you would be impossible and I don't like to settle for 2nd best."

He chuckled, "Good, that must mean I'll have you forever. Hopefully I won't go bald when I get older."

"I hope not Mr. Nickelsen." She responded and he laughed once more, "We're about to go on. Just leave your door unlocked, ok? Because, we should get home around 1 or 2 and even if it's only a few hours I need you."

"It always is, isn't it?"

"Yeah, which isn't safe I assume."

"True. Maybe I'll just make you a key."

"I'd like that. I'll see you later baby. I love you and if I don't make it there, I'll call you tomorrow morning." He said a grin still dancing on his lips. It amused him how she could restore him to normal with just one phone call.

"Ok, have a good show. Love you."

They hung up and Garrett sighed as he shoved his phone in his pocket.

"Everything good?" Pat asked with a serious look.

Garrett simply nodded, "Yeah, I just, I really want to make it home tonight. I'm having serious Leah withdrawals, man." He mumbled rubbing the back of his neck.

"We will most definitely get you home tonight." Kennedy said with a grin as he patted his shoulder, "But right now, we are going to kick ass."

Garrett laughed as he followed the boys to the stage.

Leah paced her bedroom floor, her mind replaying every word said between her and Garrett. She was nervous about it all. Not that he wanted to break up with her, but that he seriously thought she would. And was he right? Was this just going to get worse? She stressed herself until she realized it was ten and she remembered she had school so she forced herself into bed. She needed to stop over thinking. They loved each other. Why did anything else matter?

It felt like she had just drifted to sleep when she felt the spot beside her sink down and lips hit her cheek. It only took her merely seconds to know it was Garrett. A grin hit her sleepy lips as she turned to face him, her tired eyes fluttering open.

"I didn't mean to wake you." He whispered brushing her cheek with the back of his hand. He was always so gentle, which was just another reason as to why she loved him.

"It's ok." She managed to say and he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her to his chest.

"How was the show?"

"I don't care. I just want to focus on holding you." He whispered into her hair, the heavy burden on his chest seemed to disappear just at the sight of her.

She pulled back to look at him and his blue eyes seemed to be bright even in the dark. She leaned in crashing her lips to his and he pulled her closer until she was pressed against his chest.

"I've missed you so much, Leah." He mumbled as his lips trailed down her neck causing goosebumps to cover her body.

*****


"I have to get up and get ready." She said as his fingers traced her arm as she laid against his chest.

"Skip."

"I can't. Exams."

"Oh yeah. Shit. I'm sorry I woke you." He whispered and she looked up at him with a grin, "I'm not. Plus, what is an extra two hours?"

A smile hit his lips and he leaned up to kiss her, "I love you. Go. I'll make you coffee."

"You're the best boyfriend ever." She responded with a smile before kissing him quickly and sliding from the bed in just her under garments.

He sat up and ran his hand through his messy hair. He was exhausted, but that didn't matter much if he got to spend time with her.

"You can stay here and sleep if you want." She said brushing his hair from his forehead, realizing the dark circles under his normal, happy eyes.

"Thanks, love." He whispered and she leaned down kissing his forehead.

He grabbed her hips and pulled her into his lap. He wasn't ready to give her up just yet and she didn't seem to care about his interruption.

"I don't know when we will get to see each other again." He said running his hand into her hair as his nose hit her cheek.

"I'd rather you just not say things like that."

He sighed and pulled her closer, "I'm sorry. We're finishing up our e.p and then doing some shows in Florida next week."

"So no graduation, huh?"

"I don't know. I'm not going to say yes and disappoint you again..."

She kissed his cheek as she placed her arms on his shoulders, "Ok."

"Ok?"

"Yeah, it's fine. We shall see what happens. Don't worry about it."

"But you're graduating. I want to be here." He responded with a frown.

"Look, just don't think about it. Whatever happens, happens. I'm going to go shower. Make me that coffee, yeah?" She said with a grin and he chuckled, "Ok."

She kissed him once more and ran into the bathroom. He let out a sigh before climbing from the bed and pulling on his jeans.

Was it possible to feel complete and guilty all at the same time? Because that's what he felt when he was with her. He was selfishly happy and whole again and yet, felt completely guilty that he was putting her through this. It was becoming a war inside of him that grew bigger with each mile between them and it was becoming more visable the longer they spent apart.

He went into the kitchen, poured coffee into the coffee pot and leaned against the counter, watching the liquid drop slowly.

He sighed and rubbed his shoulder as he tried to stop himself from thinking. He should just be happy for now. Afterall, he was here with her and that's what he wanted wasn't it?

"What are you looking at?" He heard and looked over to see Leah ready for school and he glanced at the coffee pot which was now done.

"Sorry, zoned out. Lack of sleep I assume."

She chuckled as she grabbed a travel cup from the cabinet and he watched her carefully pour the coffee into it.

"Go back to sleep." She said giving him a grin before kissing his lips.

"Ok." He mumbled deciding it was probably for the best.

"Have a good day and good luck, although I know you'll do well." He said placing his hands gently on her side.

"Maybe. I did have a good math tutor."

He chuckled and leaned in to kiss her once more, "You sort of did. I love you. Call me when you leave. Maybe I'll still be here. If I'm lucky."

"If I'm lucky." She responded with a wink causing him to let out a laugh, "Go silly girl."

She pecked his lips once more before grabbing her coffee from the counter, "Get some sleep. Talk to you soon. Loves." She said and he chuckled, "Loves? What the fuck is that? I'm not one of your girl friends."

"Some might say you look like one, Garrett Nickelsen." She teased and he tried to contain his grin, "Go before you're boyfriendless."

"I love you Gar bear!" She said through her laughter as she left the kitchen.

"I love you too, Leah. Always." He responded softly knowing she wouldn't hear him as he heard the door shut.

Maybe all he needed was to rest. Maybe none of this would seem as important if he was functioning on more than 2 hours of sleep. He drug himself to Leah's bed and it wasn't long until he was passed out. Between the strong smell of her on the sheets and the chilled air from the window she had left cracked, he was gone within seconds.

Leah's anxiety was always put to rest by Garrett spending time with her. In a way they both reassured each other of what they had. Of course she didn't know it effected him as much as it did otherwise she wouldn't have been so calm as she made her way to school.

Simply put she was more optimistic about their relationship than he was and that would probably end up being his and her downfall both for different reasons.
♠ ♠ ♠
And it's all down hill from here...I mean, don't you think?...guess we will see! ;)

P.s. check out this story, Into Your Arms, it's her first one on here and of course, it's involving The Maine. :) AND I did her layout which I'm proud of! Haha.

Thanks for commenting; OH wait. I haven't gotten any since the mibba crash of '12. Can we change that? :D