Status: Completed

Lucky Now.

Excuse me while I break my own heart tonight.

Leah was completely nervous by the time she finished getting ready. She tugged on her dress as she paced the living room waiting for John to arrive. She really didn't know what to expect for the night and that just didn't settle well with her.

"Hey pretty lady, ready?" John asked once he opened the front door. She nodded and quickly followed him to his car.

"Garrett is probably throwing up as we speak." The boy chuckled as they drove to Kennedy's house.

Hell, she felt like throwing up herself. Once they reached the boy's porch John looked at her before opening the door.

"Ready?" He asked and she nodded with a grin. He slowly opened the door and lucky for her, her eyes landed on Pat right away who ran over grabbing her up. She laughed, welcoming the small, happy boy as John left her side.

He headed to the kitchen only to stop at the doorway where Garrett stood staring at the girl from afar. A whine left his lips as he grabbed John's forearm.

"She wore that on purpose. She knows how I feel about that dress. I hate her."

John laughed, "If so I applaud her."

Garrett rolled his eyes as John headed to the kitchen for a drink. Garrett leaned against the wall his eyes watching Leah as she hugged all his friends. If only she'd hug him. He probably wouldn't let go.

He watched her laugh with Pat like she use to laugh with him and he let out a sigh as John walked up beside him.

"Talk to her."

Garrett shook my head, "She hasn't even looked at me. She doesn't even want to be around me."

"Oh please. She loves you. Trust me."

Garrett shrugged knowing she in fact did, but that didn't mean she wasn't unhappy with his decision.

"Leah!" John shouted and Garrett groaned as he looked down at his phone to avoid the awkward situation facing him.

He could smell her once she was standing in front of John and he glanced up as John threw his arm around her pulling her into his side. He knew they were just friends, but he still didn't like him acting that way with her.

"How are you pretty lady?" He whispered for only her to hear. She nodded and he messed up her hair, "He's nervous as shit if it makes you feel any better."

Leah couldn't help but laugh, "I can tell."

"Want a drink?"

She nodded and he removed his arm from her and left her standing awkwardly near Garrett. The boy nervously looked over at her and once their eyes locked he couldn't stop his words from falling out.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I love you I hope you know that. I just feel so guilty not being able to be there for you or be what you need. It just really started to get to me. I just want you happy, Leah. Even if I'm miserable I want you happy." He said and her eyes never left his as his words sunk in causing the girl to want to cry all over again. She had been an emotional wreck these past few days and she couldn't help it.

"I was happy with you. You just over think everything Garrett. I am so mad at you." She said trying to not let more tears fall then the few that already slid down her cheek.

"I know. I don't know how to make it better." He whispered his eyes holding sadness he couldn't seem to shake.

"Be with me. That's how you can make it better because I'm not going to be with anyone else because I don't want anyone else. I only want you." She choked out and he tugged at his hair trying to keep himself together.

"So you think you're doing the right thing but here we are both miserable and we will continue to be miserable Garrett. Well, I will anyways." She said and his blue eyes focused back on her.

"I will be Leah. Me. Time heals everything. After a while you'll move on. You'll realize what Im doing is the right thing for your life."

She stifled a laugh, "No. No I won't. Why do you think it's different for me? It's not at all!"

The boy just stared at her and she shook her head, "I hate you Garrett Nickelsen. I hate you for being so stupid, for making me love you and most of all for you being such a coward." She said not noticing John standing a few feet away watching the war unfold before him.

"I am not a coward." He managed to get out and she breathed in trying to hold in her tears and her anger she now felt rising in her.

"Yes you are. Either you're a coward or insecure and neither surprise me at this point."

Garrett narrowed his eyes at her slightly offended.

"Right. Ok, so both?" She asked with a laugh that even he knew was fake.

"Leah." He spoke and she shrugged, "I mean, should we ask one of your friends?"

"Ok, I get that you're hurt..." He tried to say calmly, not sure what to do since he'd never seen her act like this.

"Me hurt? No. I'm pissed off Garrett. This is me pissed off." She snapped and John then threw himself between them.

"Guys, let's take this upstairs." He said noticing a few people watching the pair.

"John, would you say Garrett is a coward? Maybe insecure? A bit of both?" She asked and John looked at Garrett who was glaring at the girl.

John grabbed one of each of their arms and began yanking them up the stairs.

"Both. Definitely both." John said once he shoved them in a room.

"I am not." Garrett stated angrily at the boy.

"Hey she asked. I'm agreeing."

"I'm leaving." Leah said yanking her arm from John's grasp and Garrett spoke up, "You can't just leave."

"Why? You do it." She said not giving him a chance to respond as she quickly left the room.

Garrett hung his head and John sighed, "Ok, now you've officially lost her. Happy now?" John asked crossing his arms and Garrett shoved his hands into his pockets unsure of what exactly just happened.

Leah checked her make up in the bathroom before heading downstairs and running into Kennedy.

"Hey, you ok?" He asked studying the sad girl who forced a grin, "Yeah..."

He sighed and wrapped his arms around her. He didn't know what to say, but she look like she needed someone.

"I'm ok Ken." She whispered into his shirt as she closed her eyes.

"I know. You always are." He spoke softly as he rubbed her back. She clinched the back of his shirt tighter and before she knew it she was crying into his chest.

"I know, Leah. It's ok. Everything will be ok. I promise." He added as he walked her backwards further into the hall so no one was around.

"It won't be. Not this time."

"It will. Just wait and see." He said stroking her hair, allowing her to continue crying into his shirt.

"I'm sorry." She said once she had a hold of her emotions.

"No. It's seriously ok. I know how you feel." He said with a grin and she shook her head, "No, this is your party, and I'm sorry."

"Don't be silly. We have tons of these. Plus, everyone needs a friend yeah?" He said wiping her tear stained cheeks with his fingers.

She sniffled and he kissed her forehead, "Second door to the left is my room. Go calm down and you can stay or go. It's up to you."

"Thanks." She whispered and he gave her hands a squeeze before she went into his room shutting the door behind her. She sighed and fell onto Kennedy's bed. This was not how she imagined her night turning out.

"You're a fucking asshole." Kennedy said as John and Garrett appeared in front of him.

"Yep." Garrett grumbled getting sick of everyone being down on him.

"No. You don't know. You apparently just like making her cry and then leave."

"I didn't make her cry!"

"Really? So my shirt is wet not because of the girl now in my bedroom?" Kennedy asked and John groaned, "Fuck. I won't be able to drink tonight now."

"Why?"

"Because! She feels so bad." He said shoving his beer bottle into Kennedy's hand.

"I'm just going to hang with her. Make her feel better."

"Yeah, John. You do that." Garrett said harshly and John shot him a look, "Well clearly you won't."

"Maybe she should have dated Pat." Kennedy stated and Garrett clinched his fist, "Shut up."

John shoved past Garrett to Kennedy's bed room door.

"Maybe you like her!" Garrett shouted and John turned around quickly, "Maybe I should. At least I wouldn't treat her like this!"

"You don't know shit John! I'm so sick of you! First you don't want us together and now you are pissed at me! Just makes no sense! You are so stupid!" Garrett shouted and even Kennedy was stunned at his out burst.

"I love her! I love her so much that I don't want her to be stuck with a boyfriend that can never be around! So don't fucking tell me I treat her like shit because you have no idea what I feel for her! You have never even been in love so how dare you critize me!" Garrett shouted loudly his anger getting the best of him. John couldn't even speak. He was taken off guard from the boys anger.

Garrett pushed past John and walked into Kennedy room, closing the door behind him. His eyes then scanned the room and noticed the sleeping girl on the bed. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. What had he done?

He gently laid beside her and watched her sleep, her face red from crying, which hurt him more than he imagined.

He hated making her cry. It was one thing he never wanted. He wrapped his arm around her gently and cuddled her to him. If there was ever a moment when Garrett hated himself it was this one.

He just needed to accept that she wanted to be with him. He needed that to be enough because he loved her. He kissed her forehead gently, "I love you Leah. I love you so much." He whispered before burying his face into her hair.

He'd fix this. He would make it better. He had to now. It had gone too far.
♠ ♠ ♠
Think she'll forgive him? ;)

Thanks for commenting;
UnderTheSameSky (I love that show! And no, it was the season finale of this season! Haha.)
Shootingmoons
Lovelyhope
:)

P.S. mibba, I am not a fan of change...