Status: Completed

Lucky Now.

I love you but I don't know what to say.

When Leah woke up she sat up instantly once she noticed arms around her. She was a bit surprised to notice it was Garrett. Her crying must have made her exhausted because she didn't even wake when he joined her.

He was the most confusing boy she had the pleasure of knowing and yet she couldn't stay mad at him. She sighed and ran her fingers into his hair. His arm still over her waist.

"Don't go." Garrett mumbled not bothering to open his eyes, "Just stay here with me. Please. Don't go." He begged.

She didn't respond just laid back down and cuddled into his side. He wrapped his arms around her securely and kissed her forehead.

"I don't want to be without you Leah. Ever, ok?" He said seriously as his blue eyes locked with hers.

"Doesn't seem that way."

He shook his head, "Doing what is right and doing what I want are two different things."

"Only because you've made them different."

He sighed and brought his hand to her cheek, "I'm sorry I made you cry." He whispered and she shrugged, "It's whatever."

"Stop it, Leah."

She didn't respond just removed her self from his arms, "I'm gonna go."

"Leah..." Garrett spoke sitting up quickly. Their sweet moment now officially ruined.

"What?" She mumbled sliding her shoes back on and he sighed, "Nothing. I guess nothing."

"Oh, were you wanting me to be like, OH great Garrett. Well now that you've decided you want to be with me we can be together?" She asked placing her hands on her hips.

"No..." He grumbled although, yes, that was what he hoped would happen.

"Do you not want to be with me?" He asked cautiously and she sighed, "Yeah, I do, but we can't keep doing this!"

He sighed, "I know ok!? I just, I hate feeling like you're unhappy! And then you're going to college soon and you're going to be around new people and further from me and you'll be around tons of guys that are better than me and doing something with their lives and..." He rambled and she quickly cut him off.

"So you don't trust me?" She asked and he sighed, "Yes, I do trust you. But you're stupid if you think tons of guys won't be after you and that's what worries me. That you'll find someone better." He grumbled as he tugged at his hair. He hated admitting this to her, but it had to be done.

His eyes stayed on his shoes which he didn't manage to take off last night and she let out a sigh as she stared at the boy in front of her.

"There could be a million boys chasing after me Garrett, but none of them are you. I only love you." She said sincerely and he shrugged, "For now..."

"And how do you think I feel? You tour tons already and girls are chasing after you and yet I'm not worried about it."

"That's because you have nothing to worry about Leah because it's me we're talking about." He said locking eyes with her and she shook her head, "You're ridiculous."

He just stared at her as silence filled the room.

"So what now?" She finally asked softly and he shrugged, "Whatever you want I want, Leah."

She shook her head, "Clearly that is not true."

"Yes it is. I only want to be with you."

"Until something else freaks you the hell out."

He sighed, "I know it looks like that, but...."

"But what? Is it not?"

He didn't respond as he watched the girl put on her shoes.

"Do you not see the difference? Do you honestly not see it?" He asked causing her eyes to move to him again.

"If anyone is after me it's because I'm in a band or because I'm friends with John. But you?" He said climbing from the bed.

"You are..." He said tugging on his hair, "You're different. If guys are after you it's because you're beautiful and funny and smart and, I don't stand a chance. I'm just me! Nerdy and awkward and shy and who wants that? You'll find someone who is just like you. Who matches you well. I mean, I never deserved you anyways. It just never made sense." He grumbled as he forced a grin on his lips.

"I like that you're like that." She whispered.

He shook his head and his eyes ran over his feet. She bit her lip trying not to just cry like she wanted to although she didn't know why.

"So if you wanna be with me Leah, then we will be together because I love you and even though it probably won't be for long I'll do it because, I selfishly want you for as long as I can have you." He whispered fiddling with his fingers.

She scoffed, "You're so stupid. Ugh!" She said growing frustrated as tears fell from her eyes.

"Why? Because I'm honest?"

"Because you're stupid! If I felt like I wanted to be with someone else I wouldn't even bother being with you! I mean, I don't know how to prove to you that I in fact only want you. That I'm not looking at anyone else because they aren't you!"

Garrett just rubbed the back of his neck trying to keep himself together. Leah sniffled and the silence put her even more one edge.

"John better be here." She finally grumbled as she left Kennedy's room without a response from the boy.

He sighed as he sat there mulling over the conversation. The truth of it was whether that happened in the future or not it didn't matter. Right now he was wasting time that he could spend with her.

He sighed and sat on the bed, cradling his head in hi hands.

"I just don't get you Gar." He heard and looked up to surprisingly see Pat. He gave him a weird look and Pat continued, "She loves you man. You need to just get over your insecurities. You just don't see the way she looks at you dude. It's the same way you look at her. How can you question that?"

Garrett breathed out as he hung his head, "I don't know what to do anymore." He grumbled. He really didn't. He loved her. Why couldn't things be simple? Why did things have to change? Why did life have to change?

"I just, want to go back to a few months ago." He grumbled.

"Well, you can't dude."

"Yeah, thanks."

"Look, you love her. Stop fucking around. You faught so hard to get her and now you have her and you're just letting her go. Makes no sense."

Garrett groaned and tugged at his hair. He knew Pat was right. He should be fighting to keep her. Why was he pushing her away when she was the only thing he wanted? Probably because it terrified him. Terrified him because he had never felt this way about someone before.

"Go dude."

"What?"

"Go. I know what you're thinking and you need to go. I mean, who knows how long we will be here so you need to go gravel now."

Garrett sighd forcing himself from the bed.

"Fine." He grumbled and Pat threw him his keys which he managed to catch.

"I swear if you screw this up I'll hurt you."

Garrett rolled his eyes and left the room quickly. Pat was right. He just needed to keep telling himself that. He ignored the guys asking where he was going as he left the house and headed to his car. He was unsure about what he would do or say when he was face to face with Leah, but he would figure that out when the moment presented itself.

Luckily when he arrived at Leah's John was already gone which made him more at ease. He didn't want to deal with him after last night. He could only handle one thing at a time.

Once at the door his insides were complete shambles. He had to force himself to knock on the door. He sighed after several seconds passed and she had yet to appear. He was about to ring the door bell when the door opened quickly, "John I said I'm..." She started to say only to stop mid sentence when she noticed Garrett in front of her.

"Garrett..." She said softly, crossing her arms quickly.

"I don't..." He fumbled as he placed his hands on the frame of the door, "I don't know what to say, Leah. I don't have a way with words or charm like some, but I just...I love you. I do. I've loved you for so long. I just, I don't know, you..." He fumbled trying to figure out how to put his feelings into words. Before he could get another word in her lips were pressed against his.

Once she pulled back his eyes locked with hers as his heart raced.

"It's that awkward, shy, nerdy part of you coming out."

He rolled his eyes, "Whatever."

A grin hit her lips as she placed her arms around his neck.

"Were you crying?" He asked bringing his hand to her cheek, studying her red eyes.

"No." She grumbled and he sighed pulling her to his chest.

"I'm sorry." He whispered and she shook her head before burying her face into his shirt. She hated that she couldn't stay mad at him. It was just impossible.

He rubbed her back and kissed the top of her head, "I love you and I'm going to make it up to you."

She chuckled, "How?"

"I don't know just yet. Any suggestions?" He asked and she laughed into his shirt which caused him to smile. He liked making her happy. He couldn't help it.

"Just hold me." She said softly, her eyes growing heavy from all the crying she had told him she didn't do.

"Done." He whispered swiftly picking her up and kicking the door shut with his foot. He kissed her cheek before carrying her to her bed where he laid her down gently.

"I love you." He whispered as he softly crawled on top of her.

"I know. I love you too." She whispered as he wrapped his arms around her and she closed her eyes, taking in the smell of him.

"Are you going to be ok without me for so long?" She asked her nose touching his.

"How long?"

"I don't know. You'll be touring, I'll be at school..."

"We will figure it out, babe." He whispered pecking her lips.

"I just miss seeing you everyday." She said and he brushed back her hair, "I know. I miss that too, trust me."

She frowned and he kissed her forehead, "Wanna just enroll in high school again?"

The girl let out a laugh, "Yes please."

He smiled before kissing her lips, "Don't worry baby, we will be fine. I believe that. I really do." He whispered and she cuddled to him as the room grew quiet. For once he believed his own words and he would try whatever necessary to keep her. That he was certain of.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok 2 things!

1.) This has 2 chapters left!

2.) Have no fear, if you can't get enough of The Maine (Like me) here is my future John O'Callaghan story, Never Alone and if anyone knows how to work the new mibba layout maker thingy, let me know! I'm having some issues....which isn't surprising....haha.

Thanks for commenting;
As Above_So Below
Stayup-getdown (it's ok I forgive you! Lol)
Shootingmoons
Lovelyhope
Smoke-and-fire
:)