Status: Completed

Lucky Now.

Lucky now.

"Leah!" Garrett called out as he entered their apartment which was still a bit strange for him. They had purchased a place not too far from Leah's school a few months ago and to say it was working out would be a understatement.

"Garrett!" She responded with a playful grin as she appeared in front of him. He rolled his eyes trying to contain his own smile.

"Studying?" He asked wrapping his arms around her and she shook her head no.

"So say if your boyfriend wanted to take you out on a date he could?"

She nodded causing him to chuckle, "Are you ready?"

"Do I look ready?"

"Is that a trick question?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

She laughed and headed into the bedroom. Garrett smiled and followed behind her. He leaned against the door frame as she opened one of the dresser drawers.

"Hey Gar?" She called out and he chuckled causing her head to quickly turn to him.

"Sorry, didn't know you followed me."

"Mhm. Well, what is it?" He asked crossing his arms with a playful grin on his lips.

"I was thinking, we should paint."

"Paint what?"

"This place!"

He chuckled, "Oh and what color?"

"I don't know yet."

"Well, since the guys and I will probably be the ones stuck painting it I figured I'd ask."

She rolled her eyes, "I'd paint it."

"Mhm." He joked as she slid on her shoes and she rolled her eyes.

"We can paint whatever you want babe."

"I know." She challenged and he grabbed her as she tried to walk by.

"Fiesty today huh?"

She shrugged, "Class sucked."

"I'm sorry." He mumbled kissing her cheek, "We don't have to go anywhere if you dont want. I mean, we can order in, you know look up paint colors or what not..."

"You sure?"

"Positive." He chuckled.

She turned to face him and she kissed his cheek, "You're the best."

"Yeah, some might say."

"I'm glad I get to keep you for a while now." She said throwing her arms around his neck.

"Mhm, the joys of making new music." He smirked placing his arms around her waist.

"Yeah, I won't say it's a bad thing." She replied with a grin as she ran her fingers into his hair.

"Like having me around more huh?"

She nodded and he kissed her softly, "I like having our own place. I'm glad we did this."

"Yeah me too." She responded honestly. She was use to living alone so when he was gone it wasn't scary for her or anything, but when he was here well, things were even better. It was different then when they use to sleep over at each others house. The stuff belonged to them and they never had to be apart.

"So sweet." He joked and she rolled her eyes.

"So, so sweet." He repeated cupping her face.

"Get off of me Nickelsen. Call a pizza place or something." She mumbled trying to pull away from him.

He stuck his bottom lip out as he dropped his hands, "Why must you be mean to me? I haven't even been home a week!"

"You also need a hair cut." She added on and he groaned, "Anything else?"

"No that's it."

He rolled his eyes and followed the girl into the living room.

"My hair isn't that bad." He grumbled messing with it as he sat beside her, "I mean, why cut it if I'm just going to be in a studio all day?"

"Oh I don't know, for your girlfriend."

He stifled a laugh, "So you hate it?"

"No it's fine. Do whatever you want." She said with a shrug.

"And yet you wanted to argue over it?!"

"I'm just saying if it gets like Pat's we are over!"

"You think it'll get like that over a few weeks?!"

"You never know!"

He rolled his eyes as he brushed his hair back, "You are in a mood today I tell you that much. Moments like this is when I love that we live together. Just makes me so happy." He said sarcastically.

"I try."

He shook his head before moving closer to her and pressing his lips to hers, "Settle down little tiger." He joked kissing her once more, "Be my sweet Leah."

"I don't want to." She mumbled and he pulled her into his lap, "Why not?"

"Just had a bad day."

"Well, I can make it better." He said kissing down her jaw.

"I'll order pizza and we can fool around until it gets here." He added causing the girl to chuckle.

He kissed her on her lips, "My phone's on the counter."

She sighed and hopped from his lap to go grab his phone.

"Thanks love." Garrett responded as she sat in his lap and handed him his phone.

He kissed her cheek before dialing the number. Leah played with his hair while he tried to talk seriously to the guy on the phone.

She laughed at his face and he covered her mouth.

"Ok thanks." He stated before quickly hanging up and glaring at the girl. He removed his hand and she gave him a sweet grin.

"I love you." She said in such a cute voice that he couldn't help but laugh, "Oh now you're being sweet?!"

She nodded and he grabbed her face, pressing his lips to hers, "I love you too. Even if you are bipolar."

She shoved him lightly and he smiled.

"Come here baby." He cooed grabbing her and cuddling her to his chest.

"Is this us fooling around?"

He chuckled, "Yeah, we never get too crazy."

She giggled into his shirt and he laughed, "You're crazy."

"I am not! You are."

"Mhm, crazy for you." He responded caressing her hair as she closed her eyes. They had none the less survived the last tour with flying colors and when he came home he had asked her to move with him. He had been away from her for months so coming home to anyone but her didn't feel right. He knew that no matter what happened in his life he wanted her there. That he was certain of.

"When are you going to be ready to marry me?" He asked as his fingers traced a pattern into her back.

"Did I ever say I wasn't ready?" She asked raising up to look at him.

"Well, not in those exact words..."

"I didn't know I had ever insinuated such."

He ran his hand into her hair, "I just assumed I guess..."

She shrugged, "But why? I moved in with you without question."

"That could be just because you can now live somewhere for free." He joked and she rolled her eyes, "You're about to live alone."

He chuckled, "I'm kidding! Settle down."

"If you want to marry me Garrett Nickelsen, all you have to do is ask." She said before pecking his lips.

He grinned at her happily. There was nothing more that he would love to happen. That he was certain of. He shrugged as he brushed her hair behind her ear, "I don't know Leah. I want to do it right."

"Since when do we do things right?"

He chuckled at her statement, "Good point."

She touched her forehead to his and he wrapped his arms around her securely.

"I love you." He whispered kissing her gently a few times.

"Love you too."

He finally let out a sigh, "Ok Leah, you win, will you marry me?" He asked softly and a grin hit her lips as he cupped her face.

"I mean it. I love you so much. The thought of spending my life with anyone but you just doesn't make sense." He added seriously, "I want forever with you and only you."

A grin hit her lips before she kissed him quickly, "I would want nothing more than to marry you."

"Yeah?"

She nodded and he kissed her once more, "So, you will?"

"Yes. I will marry you Garrett."

A smile instantly hit his lips before he kissed her several times, "Don't worry. I'm going to get you a ring and all." He chuckled causing her to laugh, "You don't have to."

He rolled his eyes, "Yes. I am. Jeez, can we not be normal in some way at least?!"

She giggled and a grin hit his lips as she spoke, "Fine! Yes, yes we can."

"Great." He got out right as the doorbell rang. She kissed him before getting up and running to the door. Garrett chuckled before following suite as he pulled his wallet out of his pocket. He paid the guy as Leah thanked him and headed to the living room with box in hand.

"See, this isn't normal as well. Most people get plates or what not." He teased.

Leah laughed, "Would you like one?"

"Psh, I'm a guy, I don't care to."

"Oh so basically I'm not normal?"

"Basically."

She shoved him lightly and he laughed as he grabbed up a slice of pizza.

"It's ok. I love you my not normal fiancé." He said with a mouth full of pizza.

"Yeah, yeah."

He chuckled and leaned over kissing her cheek.

"Yeah, make me smell like pizza."

He rolled his eyes and before she knew it he licked her cheek.

"Ew!" She squealed and he fell over in laughter.

She wiped her cheek with the sleeve of his shirt as he still laughed hysterically.

"I love how you go all girl at something so stupid."

"Shut up."

"Especially when my tongue has touched more of your skin then your cheek."

She covered his mouth like someone was around to hear. He smirked beneath her hand and she glared at him causing him to laugh and pull her hand away.

"What?!" He asked innocently and the girl rolled her eyes.

Garrett simply chuckled as he grabbed up his slice of pizza again.

"Oh Leah, what would I do without you?"

The girl shrugged, "Be pretty bored I'd assume."

"Well good thing I'm lucky and got you while I could." He responded wth a chuckle.

"Some might say, Nickelsen." She spoke before taking a bit of her pizza.

He looked over at the girl beside him knowing for a fact he had gotten lucky with her. Then again, he had pined over her for so long he knew it couldn't have been all for nothing.

When the two messed with each other teasingly and yet all he wanted to do was kiss her. Moments like that confirmed his thoughts. He loved her, she loved him and maybe a part of it was simply luck, but he knew most of all it was just simply how it was meant to be.

Garrett and Leah.

Never made much since, but he wouldn't have it any other way.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end. :(
You have no idea how truly sad I am this is over. I've loved writing it! Guess all good things must come to an end.

That also means my new John Oh story will be started soon, Never Alone so you should subscribe! :)

A big thank you to everyone who commented, subscribed, recommended and what not, you guys are awesome. :D