Status: Completed

Lucky Now.

Friends.

Once the show started she grew a bit excited. She hoped they were as good as Kennedy said. The small bar got a bit crowded and she felt a bit proud that they had at least some people behind them.

"Uh, hi. We're the Maine and..." John started to say and was cut off by Pat, "We're going to rock your faces off!" He shouted causing her to laugh and the look Kennedy was giving him was priceless.

"Yeah uh, what he said." John chuckled and they went into their first song. Needless to say she fell in love instantly. John's voice was amazing and the whole vibe was great. She could safely say she was now a fan.

As nervous as Garrett was he managed to play a great show. That could have been because he wanted to impress Leah, but who knew. Once they were done and people began to leave, Garrett packed up his things and sat on the stage a bit dazed. He always felt that way after a show. It was the one time he felt normal and completely happy. He brushed his sweaty hair back as he stared at his feet.

"That was amazing. Seriously." He heard and looked up quickly to see Leah standing in front of him. She placed her hands on his knees and he gave her a crooked grin, "Thanks pretty girl."

She couldn't help but laugh and he chuckled at himself. Even he knew that didn't sound like him.

"We're going to John's, will you come?" He asked softly, but a bit bold for him none the less. He knew this high wouldn't last much longer so he wanted to use it to his advantage.

"Yeah. Sure." She smiled and he nodded, "Great. Um, I don't drink, but um, if you do, everyone else will be."

"Ok."

He smiled and he hopped from the stage, "Let's get out of here." He spoke grabbing his case and they walked to his car. Once in she began to giggle causing him to look over at her, "What is it?"

She lifted her phone to show a picture of Pat that the boy had sent her. He laughed at his best friend, "Yep. Weirdo. But, he's my bff."

She laughed, "Awe. You two have a bromance."

"Pretty much." He chuckled and they headed to John's house. They were the last to arrive and he led her into John's living room.

"I'm going to shower real quick. Um, will you be ok?" He asked seriously and the girl laughed, "Something tells me I'll survive."

He rolled his eyes with a grin and headed upstairs as Pat came running down with wet hair.

"Fastest shower ever." Kennedy said giving him a weird look.

"I'm awesome. I need a hairbrush." He then added with a frown.

"I have one." She stated with a smile.

"Where?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"In my purse which, is in Garrett's car." She said laughing.

"Oh. Can I get it?!" He asked and she nodded with a giggle. He quickly ran out and Kennedy shook his head with a chuckle, "Spastic kid."

"It's funny that he's friends with Garrett."

"Yeah, sort of." He responded with a grin as she looked at him.

"Garrett has a crush on you." He said bluntly and she immediately blushed, "No he doesn't."

"He has you in his phone as pretty girl."

"So? He's cute." She said shrugging.

He rolled his eyes, "Well, ok. Denial can be your friend."

Before she could respond Pat ran back in holding up her hair brush.

"Good job." She chuckled and he handed her the brush, "Brush it?" He asked with a hopeful look.

"Sure."

He sat in front of her and Kennedy laughed as she brushed the boys wet hair. As she did so Garrett came down the stairs and a weird look covered his face from the sight in front of him.

"We're brushing hair, sharing secrets and shit." Pat stated as Kennedy headed up the stairs I assume to shower.

"Where is Jared and John since you know, this is his house?"

Garrett laughed, "We always do this. They're picking up pizza. His parents are at some work event."

She nodded as she patted Pat's head, "Done."

He got up quickly and kissed her cheek, "Thanks!"

Garrett fell onto the couch beside her as Pat ran up the stairs.

"Cute glasses." She said looking at the boy beside her and he blushed, "Thanks."

"Pretty nerdy." She joked and he smiled, "Told you."

"Oh. Do you like, I dunno, have to be home at a certain time or anything?" He asked.

She smiled, "No. My parents are rarely home so I determine that."

"Oh. Ok." He mumbled feeling bad for asking, but now that he did he remembered the reason they were together a lot when they were younger. She basically lived with her grandparents then because her parents were gone a lot for work he assumed.

"Just let me know when you get ready."

She nodded as John and Jared walked in with a few boxes of pizza and a case of beer.

"How do you get that?" She asked and John chuckled, "I have my ways." He said with a wink as he went into the kitchen.

"Fake i.d." Garrett answered for her and she laughed, "Gotcha."

"Come on. Lets eat." She said grabbing his hand and he let her drag him into the kitchen.

"Do you want a beer?" John asked as he grabbed up a piece of pizza.

"No, I don't drink." She responded and Garrett smiled to himself as he grabbed up two paper plates. She was meant for him, he was certain.

After placing a slice of pizza on one of the plates he sat it in front of where she was sitting and she smiled, "Oh thanks."

He nodded and went to put pizza on his plate before taking a seat next to Pat.

"Why didn't you make my plate Gar bear?" Pat joked and Garrett rolled his eyes.

"Garryyyy." Pat whined throwing his arms over the boy who groaned, "Pat! I hate you!"

He nuzzled his face into Garrett's neck as Garrett tried to fight him off while everyone laughed.

"Why must you deny our love?" Pat asked once he pulled away and Garrett glared at him as he fixed his shirt.

"I mean, even your girlfriend loves me. She brushed my hair!" He stated and Garrett began to blush madly and even Leah couldn't hide the red tint lining her face.

"Shut your face." Garrett grumbled shoving the boy beside him. He stared down at his pizza as he heard John snicker from across the table.

"We need to hurry and eat." John stated and Garrett looked up, "Why?"

"Because I have a few people coming over."

"A few girls or a few people?" Leah asked and Jared laughed, "Oh my god. She will forever hang out with us now."

"Ha, ha Leah. Yes, a few people, not just girls. Smart ass." He said sticking his tongue out at her and she smiled sweetly.

After they ate people started showing up and the drinking began. Garrett wasn't to keen on that part. He usually sat out on the back porch or watched everyone from a far.

"So what do you do now?" Leah asked and he looked at her with a grin. They hadn't even moved from their seats at the table yet.

"I uh, well, I usually sit out back because he has a huge deck and just stare at the stars and listen to music or watch everyone make idiots of themselves." He said shrugging.

"I like the first." She said grabbing his arm once more and he chuckled as she pulled him out back. She shut the door and he moved to the end of the deck before he laid on his back with a sigh. She stared down at him and a grin hit his lips as he placed his hands behind his head.

"Hey, funny thing, the stars look like you tonight." He whispered. Well the truth of it was he would rather stare at her if he had a choice.

She laughed before moving from his view and laying beside him.

"So what now?" She whispered and he grinned, "Nothing."

"Mhm." She mumbled looking up into the clear sky.

"It's kind of cold." She whispered and he chuckled, "You're like Pat. You can't stay quiet."

That caused both of them to start laughing, "I think that's why I like him."

Garrett sat up quickly and looked down at her, "I'll go get you a hoodie or something."

"No you don't have to."

"No it's fine. Really."

"Thanks." She responded with a smile. She had never met someone as sweet and as kind as him. She sighed as the door shut. She needed this. To just hang out with someone quiet and calm. He soon returned and she sat up thanking him as she slid the hoodie on.

"Are you not cold?" She asked as he laid back beside her.

"No. I'm fine. I'l steal one of John's if I get cold. No worries."

"Ok." She whispered realizing this must be his hoodie. They smell of him became more prominent now that she knew.

She turned her head to look at him and the instant he felt her staring he locked eyes with her, a grin hitting his lips. He had to say he was starting to get a bit more comfortable with her.

"What?" He whispered and she shrugged before reaching for his glasses, "Are these prescription or fake?" She asked sliding them on and she made a face, "Definitely prescription. You're blind."

He chuckled, "Those look cute on you."

"Nerdy sheek?" She asked making a model face and he laughed, "Oh yeah."

She giggled and placed them back on his blue eyes.

"You pull them off better."

He smiled at her before their moment was interrupted by Kennedy.

"There you are! Pat was looking for you." He said and the two of them sat up.

"What does he want?"

"He was looking for her not you." Kennedy said and Leah laughed.

"You're stealing my best friend." Garrett joked with a frown.

Kennedy chuckled, "I'll tell him I didn't find you. He's crazy."

She nodded with a smile as Kennedy closed the door back.
The two of them looked back at each other and she spoke, "Are we going to be friends Monday?"

He made a confused face, "What do you mean?"

"Like, are you going to be afraid to talk to me at school?" She asked tracing her fingers over the boys hand which was lying between them on the deck.

"Why would I be afraid to talk to you? I mean, shouldn't I be asking you if you'll talk to me since I'm the loser?" He asked and she kept her eyes on his hand, "Stop saying that. You aren't a loser."

He shrugged, "If you want to be friends we will be."

"Do you?" She asked locking her green eyes with his.

"Yeah...I'd like that."

She nodded and leaned her head against his arm, "I like your friends." She whispered.

His heart was racing roughly in his chest from the contact of her fingers and now her head.

"They like you, Leah." He managed to get out, "And so do I. You can hang out with us whenever you want. We probably all need girl interaction." He joked causing her to chuckle.

"What I don't get though is why you want to hang out with us." He added and she spoke, "You guys are different. In a good way and maybe you find this hard to believe because I know I talk a lot at school, but I don't really have any great friends." She answered honestly not sure if she now sounded pathetic or not, but she just felt like she could spill her guts to him.

"Well, if Pat's ok with sharing, I'll be your friend." He whispered and she laughed, "Thanks for making me sound desperate."

He laughed, "I don't think you're desperate. I honestly get it." He responded as he boldly grabbed her fingers with his. He did get it. He understood what it was like. Before he found the guys he felt lost. As girly as it sounded he was grateful to have great friends and he wanted her to experience that.

"Wanna go inside and see what's happened in the 20 minutes we've been away?" He whispered and she nodded with a smile before pulling away from him.

He was never going to stop falling for her that he could be certain of.
♠ ♠ ♠
Garrett. Awe. That's really the only word that describes him... :3

Thanks for commenting;
Ally...
Vivalajade
Amurph25
Tigerbolts!
Lovelyhope (I knowww. Me too! Haha.)
Redzoo
:)