Status: Completed

Lucky Now.

Kindness.

Garrett quickly followed Leah into the packed house and instantly he heard Pat's loud mouth.

"There you two are!"

Leah giggled at the already seemingly, drunk boy who grabbed her up and spun her around.

"Whoa, whoa." Garrett said placing his hands on the girl's waist so she wouldn't fall. Pat smiled and dropped his arms from her.

"Leah. You and me." He said pointing to her and then back to himself, "We're like, meant to be friends. Destined. And when you marry Garrett we will be like, related." He said in his drunken state and all she could do is laugh as Garrett groaned in embarrassment.

"Back outside I go." Garrett mumbled and she quickly grabbed his arm.

"Nooo. Don't go." Pat frowned before throwing his arm over Garrett's shoulders.

"Hey bestie." Pat said smiling and Leah had yet to stop laughing.

Garrett groaned and thankfully John was yelling for Pat so the small boy quickly ran off after kissing Garrett's cheek.

Garrett gave the girl a look and she laughed, "I feel like he's my soul mate. Like if I was a guy, I'd be him."

"That's beyond scary. Would explain why I like being around you though." He said and she chuckled, "Then we are destined to be best friends too."

He smiled, "Yeah, I guess so."

Which was not what he wanted, but one step at a time was fine. He had waited almost 8 years for the girl what would be another?

"Come on." She said grabbing his hand and pulling him into the living room. He had grown fond of how her hand felt in his and yet it still nerved him. Plus, knowing people would see made it worse.

She pulled the shy boy to the loveseat and he sat down beside her. His eyes scanned the loud room and he wished he was at home listening to music or watching movies. In fact the only reason he stayed this long is because of her.

"Let's get out of here." She said picking up on how unhappy he was here.

"Um, where are we going to go?"

She shrugged, "I don't care."

He stared at her before speaking, he had to collect his thooughts before he spoke to her otherwise he'd sound like an idot.

"Ok." He whispered taking the inititive this time and grabbing her hand as he got off the couch. No one noticed them slip out and he breathed a sound of relief.

"Where now?" He asked as they got in his car. He would take her back to his house, but he knew his mom would embarrass the hell out of him so he didn't offer.

"We can go to my house." She offered and he nodded, "Um, how do I get there?"

She gave him directions and it was not even ten minutes when they arrived. The house was dark signaling her parents clearly weren't home again and he instantly felt bad for the girl. No wonder she felt lonely.

He followed her inside and she turned on a lamp as he locked the door behind them.

"Want to watch movies?" She asked and he nodded quickly.

"Be back." She said running to her room to get some dvd's as he sat on the couch uncomfortably.

She arrived with a few movies in hand and he smiled as she held them out.

"Which one?"

He chuckled, "Well since you're a fan." He said grabbing for the x-men movie.

She smiled and nodded. He watched her turn on the television and put the movie in as he settled in his seat. She quickly turned off the lamp and sat beside him. She felt herself growing tired, but didn't want to ruin anything. Plus she found herself liking the time she spent with him. He tried too focus on the movie, but he noticed her inching closer to him and with each inch his heart would beat faster. She leaned against his shoulder and he noticed her eyes were closed. He didn't know where the confidence came from but he slid his arm around her waist and let her cuddle into his side. He felt as if this all was a cruel dream that he'd wake up from any moment with the feeling of emptiness. She quickly fell asleep and he pulled her down on the couch with him so he could lie down. He threw his arm over her and held her to him.

Maybe he shouldn't have been enjoying this moment, but he couldn't help it. He closed his eyes taking in the smell of her shampoo before he drifted to sleep happier than he thought possible.

She woke up wrapped in the sleeping boys arms and she smiled. She carefully removed his glasses and sat them on the table before wiggling out of grasp. She covered him with a blanket and kissed his forehead before she quietly went to her room to change. After changing she pulled up her hair, washed her face and brushed her teeth. She hated the thought of school tomorrow. She just didn't know what to expect. She pulled on Garrett's hoodie again and headed back downstairs. The boy was still sleeping soundly on the couch and she decided to go make some breakfast for the two of them.

In the middle of cooking Garrett stumbled into the kitchen sleepily and a grin hit his lips at the sight of the girl.

"Good morning." She said and he rubbed his eyes, "Morning. I lost my glasses."

She laughed, "No you didn't. I took them off. They are on the table."

"Oh...thanks. what are you making?" He asked leaning against the counter.

"Eggs. Do you like them?"

He nodded and she went back to cooking. He watched her carefully realizing that things would be different tomorrow. He felt like how they were today wouldn't be the case tomorrow.

"So I checked my phone and Pat sent me like a million drunken text." She said and he laughed, "I'll just go ahead and apologize for him."

She laughed, "It's ok. It was quite amusing."

He smiled and before he could speak the doorbell rang.

"Go ahead, I got this." He said causing her to chuckle as she left the kitchen. She ran to the door and opened it to surprisingly see Garrett's friends.

"Is Garrett here? Otherwise, he's been kidnapped." Kennedy said seriously and she laughed, "No he's here. Come in."

"How you feeling Pat?" She asked patting the small boys back. He whined, "Getting ran over by a truck probably isn't as bad as this."

She laughed and he followed her into the kitchen.

"Garrett's cooking?" Jared asked with a weird look.

"Hey don't hate."

"Well we were actually going to see if you two wanted to get breakfast but..."

"Ah well that might be a good idea because I think I've burnt these..." Garrett said looking at the eggs and Leah laughed as she turned off the oven.

"Sorry." He frowned and she giggled as she grabbed his arm, "It's ok. Come on."

He grabbed his glasses on the way out and Garrett offered to drive since Jared's car was full.

"Can we just not go to school tomorrow?" She asked and he chuckled, "Well, sure, but then we'd have to go back eventually."

"Way to ruin my plan." She mumbled and he smiled as he found a place to park. They entered the small diner and found the guys already at a table. The girl slid in beside Pat who leaned his head on her shoulder.

"Well, I think I might die soon so it was nice being friends with you." He mumbled into her shirt and she laughed, "You're going to be fine."

"Probably not."

She stroked his hair and he chuckled, "You will. When you eat you'll feel better."

"So, Leah, you should sit with us at lunch tomorrow." John stated and Kennedy smiled, "Yeah that way Garrett won't have to stare at you from across the cafeteria. You know his eyes aren't great."

Garrett immediately began blushing and he looked down at his plate of pancakes that were being sat in front of him.

Some times he hated them...

"Leave him alone." Pat mumbled as he grabbed his fork up. Leah chuckled at Pat's protectiveness.

"Fine." Kennedy grumbled probably because the food had arrived and they all wanted to eat. Once everyone finished the boys said bye to Leah and she got back in the car with Garrett. They drove silently back to her house and he walked her to her door.

"Thanks for letting me hangout with you guys this weekend."

He stifled a laugh, "No, thanks for not running away after the first hour with us."

She laughed, "See you tomorrow."

He nodded and shoved his hands in his pockets, "Yeah...you should sit with us in lunch though."

"I will." She responded with a smile and he nodded before she pulled him in for a hug. He tried not to appear nervous as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"See you tomorrow." He whispered and she kissed his cheek as she pulled away.

"Bye."

He gave her a grin and waited until she was inside before he went to his car. He would forever be crushed if she ever told him that she didn't like him like he liked her. That was one main reason he couldn't tell her. He was nervous she'd reject the idea of them dating and that is something you do not get over quickly and he was not ready for that just yet. He was enjoying 'pretending' that she felt something for him. Maybe he was pathetic, but after several years of admiring her from afar he wasn't willing to give up his new position with her just yet.

She fell onto her bed with a smile that she hadn't realized was on her face until then. She didn't know what exactly she felt for Garrett, but she could tell it was something she hadn't felt in a long time. She let out a sigh and closed her eyes. Hopefully come tomorrow they wouldn't mind her still hanging around them. Guess she would find out...
♠ ♠ ♠
Bit on the short side, but I didn't have a good stopping point!

Anyways, thanks for commenting;
Redzoo
Ally...
Lovelyhope
:)