Status: Completed

Lucky Now.

Love is hell.

The next morning as Leah got ready for school she found herself a bit nervous. Probably because she didn't know how things from this weekend would transfer to today. She drove to school and as she got out she was met with several girls she usually talks to at school.

"How was your weekend?" Anna, the blonde girl asked as they walked to the school.

"Good." She responded with a smile, "Yours?"

"Yeah, good. So, Courtney said her boyfriend dragged her to some place this weekend to see a concert and you were there."

"Oh. Why didn't she come speak?"

"I don't know, she then said afterwards you were with that Garrett kid."

"Yeah, they invited me to hangout with them." She responded with a shrug. She was never one to care about others opinion of her. That's why she was able to hangout with such diverse people.

"Isn't he kind of..." Anna began and Kristin cut her off,"Nerdy?"

"Yeah." Leah spoke with a grin as she reached her locker, "I like him. They're pretty cool."

"Um...ok?" Anna said with a quizzical look.

Leah grabbed her math book and shut my locker.

"I'll see you guys later." She said and the two girls simply nodded unsure what was happening to their friend.

Leah headed down the hall but got stopped by John grabbing her arm.

"Oh hi." She said laughing and he smiled, "Where you going?"

"Math class."

"With me!" Pat chimed in coming from who knows where.

"Exactly."

John chuckled, "Well, I'll see you next block with little Gar bear."

"I haven't seen him. Is he here?"

"Uh, trust me. He wouldn't not come knowing you're here." Pat said grabbing the girls hand as she said bye to John.

They walked into math and Pat sat in the desk in front of her liked it was nothing.

"So, are you tired of me yet?" He asked turning to face her and I laughed, "No. I like you."

He smiled, "I like you too."

She nodded with a grin before looking down at her book.

"You're cute." He said relaxing his chin on his crossed arms that were now on her desk.

She looked up from her book with a blush, "Um, thanks Pat. So are you."

He grinned, "yeah. Ok."

"You are." She said brushing his hair from his eyes.

He smiled, "Well thank you. Are you eating lunch with us?" He asked as the bell rang signaling class was about to start.

"Yep."

He nodded with a grin before turning back in his seat. She chuckled to herself about the boy. He was cute and loud and she liked that about him.

Garrett had yet to see Leah and he was feeling completely anxious through first period. He wanted to see what would happen. How she would act. Once the bell rang he yanked up his bag and flew down the hall to english class which he had with her and only her. None of his other friends were in that class with them which he was grateful for. He reached the room before her and took the familiar seat as he waited. Once she showed up her eyes locked with his and the two of them smiled. What he didn't expect though was her to walk over and sit beside him.

"Hey you." She said and he chuckled, "Hi."

"So, Anna told me that we were seen together at your show." She said and he gulped, "Oh. Um. Sorry..."

"For what?"

He shrugged and she leaned back in her seat, "I mean, I don't care."

He just stared at her and a grin hit her lips, "I like you with your glasses." She said since he wasn't wearing them.

"Yeah, I don't wear them to school." He whispered and she smiled, "Too nerdy?"

"Maybe..."

She chuckled and opened up her book. He of course couldn't do anything but watch her. It had done nothing but do that the whole year. Maybe it was creepy but he found her more interesting than english.

The day seemed to fly by and before she knew it, it was lunch. She walked into the cafeteria noticing her friends she usually sat with and then the boys who she wanted to sit with.

"Come on." She heard and looked up to see John with a grin. He placed his arm around her waist and led her to the table. She moved to the other side and sat beside Garrett who gave her a smile.

"Heyyyy Leahhh." Pat said causing her to laugh, "Hey Pat."

Garrett rolled his eyes as the girl giggled. He hated how Pat could flirt without thinking about it. How John didn't seem to freak whenever he touched her. He envied it all. He needed to just suck it up and be like them, but he just didn't have it in him. Maybe one step at a time.

He sighed and looked down at the math book he had brought with him. Yes he makes good grades but he liked to finish his homework so he didn't have to do it at night.

"What are you doing?" She whispered and he grinned, "Homework because I don't like doing it once school is over."

"Oh so would you say you are good at math?" She asked with a raised eyebrow and he chuckled, "Pretty good. Why?"

"Because, I might need your help. See, I suck at math, and I sit next to Pat which isn't promising. All in all I'm failing." She said with a frown.

He chuckled, "I think I can help you. Plans after school?" He asked and she shook her head no, "But didn't you just say you don't like doing homework?"

"Yeah, but you'll be doing it not me." He said and she smiled, "Right. Then, did you drive?"

"No I rode with Pat."

"Well then just ride home with me and I'll take you home afterwards."

He simply nodded and she gave him a grin.

"Um, your friends are giving us death glares." Jared mumbled and she looked up enough to see the group of girls she usually sat with looking at her.

She shrugged and flashed them a smile causing John to laugh, "To be a girl I don't think you get girls."

"What do you mean?"

"Meaning they think you are dissing the and you will be questioned later."

"Mhm, maybe you should've been a girl." Kennedy stated and John rolled his eyes, "Just saying, I've dated enough girls to know that look."

"Oh well see I don't date girls so I wouldn't know."

"But you're a girl..."

"She's a different breed of them." Jared offered and Garrett chuckled. That she was and he loved it.

"So you're telling me you've never gave a guy that look?"

She laughed, "No. Can't say I have. Sorry."

"Mhm..."

The bell rang signaling lunch was over and she looked at Garrett, "See you last period."

He nodded and did something unlike himself, he leaned in and kissed her cheek before leaving her standing there. She was a bit taken of guard by that, but a grin hit her lips as she headed to her next class.

The rest of the day went by slow and once the last bell rang she got up from her seat her eyes going directly to Garrett who was across the classroom. He waited by the door for her and John told the two bye before they walked slowly to her locker.

"Thanks for helping me." She said grabbing her book as he leaned against the locker beside her, "No problem pretty girl."

She chuckled and shoved him lightly causing him to laugh.

"Oh. Your hoodie is in my car." She said as they headed outside.

"Oh, you can keep it. It's not a big deal." He said as Pat caught up with them.

"Have fun studying!" He said patting her head and she laughed, "I'll try."

They went their seperate ways and Garrett and her got in the car.

"So did your friends say anything?" He asked and she shook her head no, "Not yet anyways. It's cute how you think I'll care."

He chuckled, "I just assume you would."

"Nope." She answered honestly as they drove to her house.

"Ok, so, what do you need help on?" He asked as they laid on her bed and he opened the book and placed it between them.

"Everything." She groaned, "I suck."

He chuckled and she flipped to her homework page, "I have to do 1 through 20."

"And we shall do that."

They got started on a few problems and as he did a problm on a a piece of paper she spoke, "Hey Gar?"

"Mhm?" He asked as he erased what he had done.

"Does Pat have a girlfriend?" She asked causing him to drop his pencil.

"Uh, um, no. Why?" He fumbled out and she shrugged looking back at her notebook.

He studied her as he felt his heart flutter. If she liked Pat he would probably die here and now.

"Why?" He asked again and her green eyes locked with his curious blue ones.

"He's cute." She responded with a shrug and he couldn't contain the frown that hit his face.

"So...you like him?" He asked barely audible.

"I don't know..." she responded, because she had never really thought of it, she was just curious.

"Oh..." He said looking back at his paper now completely hurt. He thought they were starting to grow close, but apparently not.

She watched him carefully and let out a sigh. Truth be told she was fond of Garrett. She liked everything about him, but he didn't seem to be interested even though she tried to flirt with him. But Pat was funny and cute and he was oddly growing on her athough, she would gladly choose Garrett over him. If he showed some interest in her that is.

"Let's finish this." He grumbled not bothering to look at her. He couldn't. He was too hurt. The only word spoken afterwards were of math problems and she felt the tension now unsure why it was there. Once she dropped him off he said goodnight and left without another word.

What she did was uncertain but she now felt horrible.

Once in his house Garrett grabbed his phone and instantly called Pat.

"Ello!" Pat said all too happy and Garrett couldn't even laugh, "Come over." He said not bothering to let his friend respond before he hung up. He was now angry and he knew he shouldn't take it out on Pat, but he didn't know what else to do. Pat was over not even two seconds later, his house was only 4 doors down so it wasn't bad.

"What happened?" Pat asked as Garrett paced the living room.

"She likes you man. She likes you not me." He grumbled and Pat instantly frowned, "How do you know?"

"She told me."

Pat sighed, "Dude, you know I wouldn't try anything on her. You're my friend."

"I know, it just pisses me off because I'm trying..."

"Really Gar? Because you talking to her is not showing interest in her. How is she supposed to know? You have got to start taking chances!"

"Doesn't matter now..." He mumured.

"It does. She flirts with you! Well tries to, you aren't good at catching on apparently!"

Garrett sighed and fell onto the couch, "This is why I hate liking people. I shouldn't have ever texted her."

"Oh really? So you now regret it?"

"No..." He mumbled crossing his arms and Pat sat beside him, "Dude, although I'm flattered she finds me cute, then again, who wouldn't? But, you like her so it means nothing to me. Start flirting with her Gar or she's going to continue to put you in the friend zone."

Garrett sighed and let his head hit the back of the couch.

"I should call John. He can help."

"I don't want to get in her pants Pat I just want to be with her."

"But John's good at flirting!"

"Apparently so are you!" Garrett shooting him a look.

"I don't flirt with her! I'm just me!"

"Well apparently me sucks." He grumbled and Pat sighed, "Dude. You can do it. Be touchy feely and sweet and call her pretty. I don't know!"

Garrett groaned and Pat spoke, "I mean, unless you just want to give up."

"No...I like her too much."

"Then show it!" Pat yelled causing him to wince, "Tomorrow you better be on your game!"

"I don't have game, but ok." He grumbled and Pat patted his shoulder, "It'll be ok."

They said goodbye and Pat left him alone. Pat was right though. He couldn't give up. He had wanted her for a long time and he wasn't going to just give up that easily. He was now determined more than ever to try and get the girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh. Oh. :3

Thanks for commenting;
Like_Woah_xo
Lovelyhope (yeah I laughed writing it..haha)
Underdog425 (thanks!)
Amurph25
Redzoo
:)