Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 14

READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE! IT'S IMPORTANT!

Fiona’s POV:

I rested my head on my hand. It was third hour and I was still waking up. I was a bit cranky today, especially with the sea of pink and red that surrounded me, only making me that much more bitter that I was single on Valentines Day, yet again. Everyone was walking around with their flowers and what a surprise, I didn’t have any. As if I wasn’t grumpy to begin with. I hadn’t slept very well the last couple of nights, thinking about Gavin. I knew I did the right thing for both of us, not being friends anymore, but it didn’t make it feel any better.

He didn’t sit with Julia like I thought he would. He sat with a group of guys, you know, the ones too dumb for their own good. The only thing they had going for them was their looks: all muscle, awesome head of hair, and name brand clothes. Gavin looked like he fit right in, but he didn’t.

Gavin was smart, witty, had a great personality, and he was extremely nice; once you got past his arrogance. How could he stand being around all those ‘I-pick-things-up-and-put-them-down’ kind of guys?

My eyes flicked to the clock, feeling relief when I read that there were only 5 minutes left of class. The rest of the class would be spent listening to announcements over intercom, one of the office ladies calling people down the office for items that needed to be picked up.

“After the bell, the following students have items to pick up from the office.” The lady began, true to my words. “Fiona Malone-,” she began to list. I’d never been called down to the office before and I was extremely curious as to what I had to pick up. It’s not like my mom would ever come and drop something off for me…

The shrill ringing of the bell pierced the quiet chatter and the scraping of chairs began. I picked my books up, exiting the room. I dropped everything off in the locker, accidentally getting my coat stuck in it. Oh well, I thought. I have something in the office to pick up!

Once in the office, I was surrounded by flowers. Yuck.

“Fiona?” Ms. Blasky asked, motioning me toward her. I walked forth, up to the counter. She reached under her desk, pulling out a bouquet of flowers, a wide smile on her face. Confusion overtook my thoughts as she pushed it toward me, then pulled out another and pushed it forward as well. Two bouquets of flowers? From who? “Someone must really like you.” She observed with a smile.

I found the card in the middle of one, which read:

Sorry.
- Gavin


My mouth went agape. Ms. Blasky continued pushing flowers toward me, all packaged differently, adding up to a total of 5 bouquets. I found a card in each of them. The two biggest ones were from Gavin, and the three smaller were from, shockingly, Gideon. What was I supposed to do with all these flowers?

“Here, you have one.” I told her, sliding one of Gideon’s back to her. A bright smile lit up her face and she accepted it eagerly. I gave another one of Gideon’s to the other secretary, Mrs. Harriet. She thanked me, placing it on her desk and smelling the roses.

Now that my load was sufficiently lighter, I picked up my three remaining bouquets. I began the trek back to my locker, but once in the main hallway, I tripped over my own foot. Before I could help it, I got a mouthful of flowers and a throbbing in my arm. I propped myself up, sitting there for a moment while I spat flower petals onto the tiled ground.

“I know you’re hungry, but you’re so close to the lunch room.” A familiar voice said from behind me, making my ears ring. Gavin’s emerald orbs caught my own as he helped me up. I was too embarrassed to make eye contact after that.

He shoved the flowers back into my hands, hooking a finger under my chin. He forced me to look up at him and I noticed his eyes weren’t cool anymore, but intense like after we had our pillow fight. “Can we talk?”

Gavin’s POV:

My heart rate sped up to stead heart attack standards as soon as the words left my mouth. She nodded her head lightly, blue eyes darting to the ground. “I just have to drop these off at my locker.” She mumbled, motioning with her head to the bouquets in her hands. We started off to her locker as the bell rang, signifying the beginning of lunch period.

I couldn’t believe Gideon tried to one-up me on the whole flower thing. I was still angry with him about the compromising position thing, and now this? And all this time I couldn’t help feeling like he and Fiona knew something that they weren’t telling me. Like they had a secret bond of some type.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” Fiona groaned, pulling me back to reality. She discarded the flowers, allowing them to drop to the ground-- again-- and began to kick her locker furiously.

“Let me try.” I suggested, lightly pulling her away from the battered locker. “What’s your combination?”

“I’m not telling you.” She huffed.

“Trust me, Fiona. I don’t want to steal any of your books or girly lotions that I’m sure you have in there.” I assured. That got her. I twisted the dial as she cited her combination and yanked on the handle. It didn’t budge.

“What am I going to do with these flowers? I’m not carrying them around all day.” I could see that she answered her own question as soon as she asked it, a grin spreading widely across her face. She grabbed the flowers again, almost running to the lunch room.

“Here, have a flower.” She told one girl who’d been walking by, pulling a flower from the bouquet and handing it to her. The girl’s face brightened as she thanked Fiona, looking lovingly at her newly acquired flower.

I watched as Fiona tooled around the lunch room, handing flowers to every empty-handed girl she came across. I wasn’t really mad that she was giving the flowers that I bought her away. It actually made me smile. She got to be the girl with loads of flowers this year, yet she still shared the wealth. I could see that a lot of girl’s days were being made.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heh.. see what I did there? Chapter 14 and it's Valentines Day? Yeah, I'm just cool like that. So.. only 2 people commented after last chapter, so I think I'm going to keep the contest going. Anyone who comments from now until April 10th will be entered. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm going to be picking a random commenter and work with them to create a character for them in this story.

~Kylie