Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"I need a favor." I stated into the phone.

"Would it happen to be sexual?" Gavin replied, a smirk in his voice.

"No." I deadpanned. "I need you to drive me to the airport."

"Now?"

"Yes. It's okay if you say no, but I don't have anyone else to drive me."

"Any excuse to drive my new car." He chuckled. "I'll be there in a bit."

He hung up after that, sending a noise through to my end that sounded like the snapping of a branch. I flipped my phone closed, shoving it back into my pocket. I was so excited for Asher to be home, I felt like dancing. But I didn't do it of course. I wasn't in the mood for another bruising.

I slid my converse on-- the poor things were falling apart-- and grabbed my coat, anxiously awaiting Gavin's arrival. I sat at the kitchen counter, drumming my fingers against the smooth surface, staring at the clock on the stove, willing the numbers to flicker and change. Moments turned minutes as I drifted off, head falling into my arms on the counter, only to be awoken by an obnoxious beeping. I jolted up, falling off the barstool painfully. I used the counter to pull myself up, bounding to the door. Gavin was indeed here.

I closed the distance over the icy driveway, slinging my coat on. The doors unlocked audibly and I slid into the warm vehicle.

"So, who am I going to be harboring in my car?" He asked, eyes glittering with amused curiosity.

"My brother." I replied, an involuntary smile claiming my lips.

"Alright!" He said excitedly, pounding the steering wheel. We pulled out of the driveway and made our way to the airport with the help of the GPS.

A vibration spread through my leg, signaling that I had a phone call. I pulled my phone out, pressing it to my ear as the airport came into sight. "Are you almost here?" Asher demanded.

"Yeah." I chuckled into the phone. "Hey, I see you."

"Where are you? I don't see mom's car."

"I don't have my license, remember? Not until I'm 18."

"Who-,"

"Right there." I directed Gavin, pointing to my brother, whose face became almost comical as we pulled up. He pulled the phone away from his ear, stuffing it into his pocket. Walking slowly toward the car with he suitcase, he looked stunned. I took the opportunity to launch myself from the car and at Asher.

"Fi." He laughed as he hugged me tightly. Then whispered, "You'd better not be hanging out with someone in the Mafia."

I laughed back as I pulled away, taking his suitcase to the trunk, which Gavin popped for me with his key fob. "No, I'm not hanging out with someone in the Mafia. Just a boy with insanely rich parents. You should see their house."

His eyebrows creased. "You've been to his house?"

"We had a project to work on and I wasn't bringing him to our house." I explained, swinging the luggage into the trunk before shutting it. I purposefully left out the time I spent the night, knowing he would freak.

We both got in the car, Asher somehow getting to the front before me. "You dating me sister?" I heard him ask gruffly as I hauled into the backseat.

"No." Gavin replied, eyes flicking to mine through the rear view mirror. The look he gave me combined with his cool green eyes sent shivers crawling through me.

"I'll be keeping an eye on you." He stated, pointing two fingers at his eyes and then at Gavin.

"So Asher, how long are you going to be staying here for?" I asked, averting the conversation.

"A week or two." He shrugged, peering back at me. "Maybe longer if mom doesn't mind."

"I'm sure she won't." I assured. "But you never did tell me why you flew in."

"I missed my little sister, of course." He said, somewhat sarcastically. "And I've got some stuff here I need to deal with."

Silence followed.

"We should go out to dinner." Asher enthused when we were almost home. "And you and your parents should come, Richie Rich."

"It's Gavin." He corrected.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Asher." He replied, rolling his eyes. "What do you say? My treat."

"I'll have to ask them, but I'm sure they'd love to. What else could they have to do on a Tuesday night?"

"Asher." I groaned. "Mom is going to get all weird and think we're dating."

"We all know it's headed there anyway." He shrugged, flipping hid dark brown hair out of his face. There was really no point doing so with the beanie he always wore, but it was probably habit.

"Shut up, Ash." I hissed, smacking the back of his head.

Chapter 17

Mom and I had delved into conversation while Asher sat on the other side of the table, sipping his chocolate milk. The waiter had peered over his notebook dubiously while writing it down, as if he was making sure he heard right.

“Gideon?” Followed by the sound of a chair scraping against wooden floors stopped our talking.

“Asher?” Gideon replied, sounding confused. I looked between the pair.

“How do you know each other?” I asked.

“Oh, you know. School.” Asher replied, sounding like even he, himself, wasn’t convinced. I wasn’t either, but I didn’t want to ruin our dinner by making everyone angry at each other for one reason or another.
♠ ♠ ♠
More re-posting, yay!

~Kylie