Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 18

"You have to look cute." Annabelle huffed, ripping the clothes I intended on wearing out of my hands. "Go do something with your hair while I raid your closet."

Now it was my turn to huff. I slunk out of the room and into the bathroom. I was still in my pajamas and old glasses but Annabelle didn't care. All of us were having a picnic at noon, so she came over to help me get ready.

I took a quick shower, put my contacts in, and dried my hair in about 40 minutes. I forgot about Annabelle, so when I came back into the room, humming the song I'd been singing while getting ready, she scared me when she lunged forward with an awfully bright outfit I didn't even know I owned.

"How come you never sing at talent shows or anything?" She asked, eyebrows creasing. "I heard you all the way in here. You're like, really good."

"Thanks." I mumbled. "Now get out so I can change. Help yourself to whatever is in the freezer downstairs."

She nodded and gracefully exited the room. I finally looked at what she picked out, pulling it on. It was a dress. A red, cotton dress that cinched at the waist. Oh, I remember this. She got it for me for my birthday last year. I never wore it though. I mean, I loved wearing dresses, but I didn’t have any nice shoes, and Annabelle said it was unacceptable to wear my converse. I guessed it was okay this time. I mean, she did pick it out for me. She was all-knowing when it came to fashion.

I pulled it on along with a pair of socks, scavenging for my shoes. Downstairs perhaps? I hauled myself down the stairs, finding Annabelle in the kitchen, munching on a toaster-waffle. She set the magazine she was reading down, eyes growing wide.

“Look at you!” She exclaimed around the waffle in her mouth. I looked down at myself, as she commanded, not really sure of what I was looking at. Some arms, some legs, some sock clad feet. “I’ve got something for you!”

I watched as she pushed a dark blue box in my direction. I came around the counter to open it, finding a pair of ballet flats inside. They were plain black with little bows at the toes.

“Annabelle, I can’t accept these.” I shook my head. My birthday wasn’t for a couple of months this time, not to mention, they looked expensive.

“They don’t fit me and I got them on sale, so I can’t return them. And I thought, hey, let’s see if they fit Fiona, because she’s so little.”

“Very funny. I’m not that little, I mean, I’m almost as tall as you.” I retorted.

She hopped off the bar stool and stood up straight. I wouldn’t be able to be her height even if I stood on my tip-toes.

“It’s okay.” She patted my head. “It’s cute.”

“I’m not cute!” I stomped my foot, balling my fists.

“It is when you do things like that.” She smiled, then took another bite of her waffle. “Forget it. Just take these, you’re wearing them today.”

***

“Nice get up.” I commented, opening the door wider for Gavin to come in for a second while I grabbed my phone and such. He was wearing a pair of skinny jeans with a plain black t-shirt. And did mention he swapped out his normal Vans for a pair of converse?

“I could say the same to you.” He replied, raising an eyebrow as he took in my uncharacteristic outfit.

“What can I say? I had the best stylist a girl could want over today.” I shrugged, swiping my phone and little purse from the kitchen counter.

“Ready?” He asked, offering me his arm.

“Sure am.” I replied with a smile, linking arms with him. He lead me to the car and I couldn’t help but revel in the unseasonably warm air.

“Milady.” He opened the passenger side door for me, motioning for me to get in. I nodded my head in thanks, playing along as he grabbed my hand ever so lightly so that he was just holding onto my fingers. It was very regal feeling. I slid into the car and he shut the door after me.

“How chivalrous you are today.” I laughed as he got in on the other side, starting the car up. We peeled out of the driveway, blasting some fun songs from his iPod. I felt so amazing when I was with Gavin. All we ever really did was have fun. He could make me laugh, even when he was trying to be serious, and I wondered a bit why I hated him so much when we first met. I glanced over at him while he belted the lyrics to a Bo Burnham song, sharp jaw moving and flexing. His green eyes were bright, enhanced by the natural light streaming in through the windows.

He peeked over at me but I looked away quickly, hoping I hadn’t been caught. I began singing the lyrics with him, laughing the entire way to the park. I could already tell today was going to be a good day.
♠ ♠ ♠
That was a quick update, huh? I was just in a writing mood. Anyway.. this story has 5 stars! Thank you SO much for reading, commenting, subbing. You guys are AMAZING. Even if you're a silent reader, I love you too.

Song of the day:
Eric Hutchinson - Rock and Roll

~Kylie <3