Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 20

The next couple of months were completely uneventful. Second trimester finals consumed my life. I was so intent on studying, I forgot about Gavin and Asher for a while. Nicholas texted me a few times, but we never had a meaningful conversation.

“Fiona!” A voice bellowed from behind me. “Your shoe is untied.” It was Nicholas.

I looked down at my shoes, realizing that that was impossible, as I was wearing the ballet flats Annabelle gave me. I rolled my eyes at him, causing him to smirk. “Alright, I get it. Let’s all tease the extremely tired, sick girl.” I nodded, adjusting my books on my hip.

“April Fools Day, but that too.” He chuckled. “Here, let me take those for you.” He motioned to my books. I twisted away from him when he grabbed for them.

“Excuse me, but we’re not dating, nor am I a damsel in distress. I think I’m capable of carrying my own books.” I snapped.

“I was just trying to be nice. Plus, you look like you’re about to keel over any minute.” He explained.

“I’m fine, don’t--,” I began to gag.

“Fiona?” He called after me as I ran into the girls bathroom, thankfully just down the hall. I dropped my books, wrenching in one of the stalls. I shivered at the terrible taste in my mouth.

I began to feel dizzy. It seemed like I couldn’t keep anything down these days, not to mention the fact that no matter how much sleep I got, I was still tired. I could feel tears streaming, a sob erupting in my throat.

My emotions were getting the best of me.

I slammed my fist against the tile floor, extremely frustrated with myself. I let my head loll back as I leaned against the stall wall. I was a mess; curled up in the girls bathroom, bawling my eyes out, possibly vomit on my face. I hoped Nicholas wasn’t planning on coming in.

“Oh, come on. I’m sure whatever happened can’t be that bad.” Sounded from above me. The first thing that met my eyes were a pair of combat boots, then a pair of camo pants. I would never put that outfit together myself, but it looked nice on her. She was slightly pudgy, but still striking. My eyes were immediately drawn to hers, a shockingly blue color with a yellow ring around the iris. Definitely rare.

I realized she was stating at my expectantly, hand outstretched. The fringe from her leather jacket tickled my wrist a little as I accepted it, allowing her to pull me up. I gripped the edge of the stall for support, becoming increasingly dizzy.

“No one said anything to me.” I said, wiping my eyes and then using the sleeve of my shirt to wipe my mouth. “I’m just kind of a mess lately.”

“Well I’m Tiffany. Nice to meet you.” She replied, extending her hand to me. I took it and we shook hands, her grip a little firmer than mine.

“Fiona.” I replied, smiling at her kindness.

“Let me know if ya need a broom.” She smiled back, picking up my books and handing them to me before walking away. It took my foggy brain a little while to grasp what she meant, but when I realized she was referring to my statement about being a mess, I chuckled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is really short. But.. it's chapter 20. And hey, I do what I want. Anyway, I hope you liked Tiffany (she's the winner of my contest).

Song of the Day:
The Feeling - A Hundred Sinners

~Kylie