Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 24

Julia sneered at me as she passed in the hallway, Gavin by her side. He had his arm wrapped around her shoulders. I couldn’t help but notice how empty his eyes looked though.

The pressure on my own shoulders brought me back.

“Hey, I’m talking to you.” Nicholas said. “Anybody in there?”

“Yeah, sorry.” I shook my head.

“As I was saying,” he began dramatically. “I was thinking that maybe you and I should go on a date.”

The first thing that popped into my head was the word ‘no.’ But then I thought about it. If Gavin is going to be rubbing his new girlfriend in my face, maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if I went out with Nicholas. He wasn’t a bad guy.

“Yeah, I’d like that.” I nodded, looking up at him. He was much shorter than Gavin, more at my height. He was only about 5 foot 6 inches and really built. He made me feel petite.

“I was hoping you’d say that, Fi.” He smiled, perfect teeth gleaming in the florescent lights that beamed down. “After school tomorrow, I’m taking you on a date.”

“Very romantic.” I chuckled. “Pizza parlor?”

“Are you kidding me?” His head whipped over to me. “I don’t know what kind of guys you’ve been dating, but you deserve better than some pizza parlor.”

“I don’t know what kind of girls you’ve been dating, but I’m a little less high maintenance than that.” I shot back. He rolled his eyes.

“Well I’m driving you home after school tomorrow.” He said, ruffling my hair. I patted it down, glaring as he walked away. I was happy on the inside though. I mean, obviously I didn’t know him that well, but he was cute. What was the harm in going on a date? It’s not like I had suitors lining up so far they had to take a number. Nope.

But that meant I’d have to tell Luna Mae I wouldn’t be riding the bus home like I promised. With Gavin suddenly dating Julia, it apparently wasn’t okay for him to give me rides home anymore. That, and possibly the fact that I broke his heart. But who needs those things anyway?

The five minute bell rang, causing me to speed up. I nearly ran to my class, which was on the next floor up. I made it just in time, letting my books fall to the table.

“Hey, Gavin.” I said with a smile before I could stop myself. Force of habit.

“Hi.” He replied in a hushed tone. I assumed he was still mad, so I decided not to press the matter. So this is what your life comes to when you turn a boy down? A dreary, depressing, strangers-again, life?

But it was better this way. I wouldn’t have to deal with Gideon again and Gavin could go on looking up to his older brother. This time it worked, it’s just too bad I was really starting to like the kid. I slumped over my desk, letting my head fall into my crossed arms. Why?

***

Nicholas’ POV:

“Did you do what I asked you to do?” Julia asked, grabbing the collar of my shirt. I wasn’t really threatened, mainly because I could snap her in half with just my pinky. But I let her think I was.

“Yes’m.” I replied, saluting.

“Good.” She smirked. “Now there’s no chance Gavin will go running back to that loser-nobody.” She released my collar, planting a kiss on my cheek.

She walked away, hips swaying rhythmically. I swear the girl did it on purpose because it got all of us guys GOING.

“Come on Nick, that’s Gavin’s piece of ass now. Lucky bastard.” Bradford said from behind me clapping a hand on my shoulder. “And anyways, you have Fiona now. We all know you’ll weasel your way into those panties.”

“Yeah, you know I will.” I replied, trying not to sound nervous. That was a lie. I wasn’t going to even try; Fiona was a good girl, and I appreciated that fact.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun! Not really. Anyway! Finals coming up and a couple projects, so just be patient please.

And I can't believe how popular this story has become! This only my third story (that I was mine only) that I've posted here. You guys are AH-MAY-ZING! Oh, and I really have to pimp out my friend, Regan, because she's an amazing writer.

~Kylie