Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 30

IMPORTANT: Before the story starts, I'd like to dedicate like.. pretty much the entire story (and whatever's to come) to Tiffany! For being awesome and being like my number one fan and commenting almost, if not every single chapter.

“Gavin told me what happened at school yesterday.” He growled. “Is it true?”

“Is what true?” I asked, keeping my voice steady. In all honesty, I was just stalling.

“The pregnancy test.” He replied. “Is it mine?”

“Of course not.” I answered. His face began to loose it‘s red glow. “The nurse gave it to me.” And back to tomato shade.

“The baby!” He corrected himself, exasperated.

“You don’t even know that there is a baby.” I put a hand on my hip. I was actually starting to have fun with this, no matter how much my brain told me that this was a serious time. Screw it, I shouted back at the voice of reason, I deserve to have a little fun!

The veins in his neck began to disappear again. “Is there?” He asked, no longer barking.

“Yes.” I replied, face becoming solemn. “But Gavin is under the assumption that it’s my boyfriend’s.” I actually didn’t know what Nicholas and I were, but it didn’t exactly make that much of a difference at the moment. I was still messing with Gideon, getting his hopes up. He deserved to be crushed a little harder, anyway.

“So it might not be mine?” His face lightened. He smiled, running his hands over his face and sighing. “I’m not paying for DNA testing, just so you know.” And back to his usual smirk.

“There’s no need for that.” I shrugged. “I know it’s yours.”

“How can you prove that?”

“Only the fact that I haven’t… you know. With anyone else.” I explained, face reddening. Not out of anger, like him, but embarrassment.

“You can’t even say the word?” He remained smirking. “Wow. Some mother you’re gonna be.”

At the moment, the door burst open. The next thing I knew, Gideon was on the floor with a ‘bang’ and Asher was holding his fist.

“How dare you talk about what kind of mother she’d be! You’re not going to be much of a father. I won’t let you near that baby.” Asher screamed, shaking out his hand.

The door creaked again as someone came into the room. I prayed to whoever was out there, looking out for me (although I was convinced that person was on vacation at the moment) that it wasn’t Mrs. or Mr. Reid. I turned around, coming face to face with the last person I’d expect.

“So it’s his.” Gavin stated, voice feeble. His eyes held more sadness than I could imagine.

“You don’t understand.” I told him. And it was true, he didn’t.

“I think I understand just fine.” He replied, arms crossing. “So he’s why you didn’t want me, huh?”

“No!” I shouted. But he was out the door before the words even left my mouth. I thought I saw a glistening in his emeralds, but I couldn’t tell. I turned to Gideon, who was still on the ground, clutching his stomach. “You have to tell him.”

“I’m not telling him a damn thing.” He snarled. Asher stepped toward him threateningly.

I hadn’t gotten a chance to look at him since he came in. I noticed the slightest bit of longing, but I was proud of him. He stayed strong when he had the right to fall apart. He pushed past his wanting to backslide (for obvious reasons) and became my shoulder to lean on.

“Let’s go.” I said to Asher, pulling on his arm. He resisted for only a moment before letting me drag him along.

It took us a half hour to find our way out. I couldn’t keep my mind off Gavin and his possible tears.

“I’m so proud of you, Fi.” Asher said once we were in the car. I could’ve laughed, seeing as how I’d just thought the same thing of him.

“I’m proud of you, too.” I smiled over at him, turning up the music in the car so we didn’t feel the pressure to fill the silence with chatter anymore. Just like on the drive to the house, my mind was on overdrive, making it hard to force my thoughts to stray from the track they were on.

I’d made up my mind about one thing, though. That I didn’t want to string Nicholas along anymore while I felt the way I did for Gavin. How I felt exactly, that was thing I was unsure of.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh? Eh? I couldn't leave you guys hanging. Sorry this is kinda short, but hey, I updated REALLY fast. So suck it. NONE OF YOU GAVE ME A SONG OF THE DAY! COME ON! You can't expect me to do all the work.

I love all you silent readers.. but I wish I got a lot more comments. I only get like two each chapter, which is good.. but more would make me feel SOO DANG HAPPY.

~Kylie <3