Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 33

“He didn’t believe me.” I told Asher as I flopped down on the couch. “I can’t believe he thinks I would lie about something like that.”

“Would you believe someone if they told you the same thing?” He reasoned.

“We already had this conversation.” I replied dryly. “But I would believe them if they told me you were sneaking around with a high school student.”

“He’s 18, so it’s okay!” He defended, then realization dawned on his face. “How’d you know?”

“Luna Mae told me. She had a thing for Landon, but he came out to her. Apparently he told her about you guys, too.” I explained.

He covered his face with his hands, letting out a long sigh. “He asked me to the spring formal.”

“Oh my god.” I laughed. “Are you going to go with him?”

“Only if you go with Gavin.” He stipulated. “Everyone sees the ways you look at each other. I knew you liked him before you did.”

“What are you talking about?”

“He doesn’t deserve you, but for some reason, you like him.” He shrugged. “If you can get Gavin to go to the Spring Formal with you, I’ll go with Landon.”

“Fine.” I replied, shaking his hand.

A buzzing in my pocket, sent my hand down, struggling to get it out of the tight space. I usually didn’t get text messages.

Guess who asked me to the Spring Formal!

Who?

Nicholas!!!!!!!!

I laughed at her uncharacteristic use of multiple exclamation points. Then it really hit me; Luna Mae was the girl he was talking about.

“I could talk to Gavin if you want.” Asher said, brining me to the current conversation.

“No. I mean, his loss, right?” I said, although right now I didn’t feel like a loss. I was getting bigger and so were my issues.

“But I think I could really get through to him. I mean, why would be both lie to him?”

“I don’t think anyone can change his mind but Gideon. Or someone with scientific proof.” I croaked. Suddenly I felt that familiar sensation like someone shoved a napkin down my throat and hot tears formed in my eyes. I dropped my phone on the couch in favor of wiping at my eyes.

“Fi Fi!” Asher cooed, wrapping his arms around my hunched over body. I cringed at the use of my old nickname, but let it go. “Don’t cry. It’s okay.”

“It’s just my hormones.” I explained. But in any case, it really wasn’t alright. The more the symptoms set in, the more this pregnancy became real. After I initially found out, I knew that I was pregnant, but I hadn’t actually thought about it. I’m a mother.

“Do you want some ice cream and pickles or something?” He asked, ruffling my hair.

“No.” I chuckled, leaning back against the couch. “But thanks.”

***

“Fiona Malone?” A nurse asked, looking up from her clipboard. She smiled at me as I got up and walked to her, Tiffany, Nicholas, Asher, and my mom following. “Oh, family only.” She commanded, holding up a hand, pen tucked between her thumb and palm. I looked back at Tiffany and Nicholas who looked at each other and then my mom. She smiled, nodding.

“We’re all family.” She replied politely.

The nurse nodded, looking like she didn’t believe us, but let us on all the same.

Tiffany had on one of her crazy outfits that I loved: he leather jacket with tassels, bright orange skinnies, and Mickey Mouse shirt. He combat boots also made clunking noises as she walked, but I was used to it.

Even with how Tiff was dressed, Nicholas stood out the most. He had on name a name brand polo and cargo shorts. He also had a nice, new pair of Nikes with reflectors on the side and socks meant to go mid-calf, but folded down.

So I could see why the nurse would be a bit dubious. Not to mention our differing features. Even Asher and I didn’t look alike; he took after my mom and I took after my dad.

“Just take a seat here, the doctor will be in shortly.” The nurse said, motioning to the blue bed-thing with the white paper. Nicholas and my mom had to help me jump up there because, after all, I was only five feet tall. And since this was meant for adults, they didn’t have the nice little steps I was used to. Damn doctors discriminating against shorties, I thought angrily.

My mom looked a bit happy, but also distraught. I knew she always wanted grandkids, and since Asher couldn’t giver her any unless he adopted, I was the last hope. But at the same time, it was a bad thing that gave her the grandkid. I knew she’d probably help me take care of it a lot more than she would in any other circumstance because it was my fault.

Nicholas sighed audibly, looking at his phone screen. He put it back into his pocket, then stared at my stomach like he wanted to say something.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him, making the conversation between my mom and Tiffany stop.

“Promise you won’t get mad at me?”

“I guess not.” I shrugged. What’s the worst thing he could’ve done?

“I kind of told Luna Mae.” He said, then threw his arms over his face like he was afraid I’d attack. I raised my eyebrow, telling him to go on. “She asked where I was and I didn’t want to lie, because, you know. That’s a bad foundation for a relationship. But I wasn’t even thinking, so I told her that I was at your ultrasound and she doesn’t believe me and she’s asking if I’m the father.”

“Might as well tell her.” I shrugged. I wasn’t really mad; I’d have to tell her anyway. But now I’d just have to face her disappointed looks. I knew she’d play if off like it was cool, when it really wasn’t.

“Okay.” He said, hesitantly pulling out his phone. He eyed me one more time as if asking ‘are you sure?’, at which I nodded.

A loud clacking filled the hall, which was pretty empty for some reason, and the doctor appeared in the room. She gave a dazzling smile, taking her hands from her white, polyester coat. She shook my hand.

“Dr. Granger.” She introduced, then said, “and no, I’m not related to Hermione.” I smiled, because I actually hadn’t thought that until she brought it up, and because everyone else in the room shared a snicker.

“Nice to meet you.” I replied, releasing her hand.

“Now if you’d lay back for me.” She requested and I complied, scooting all the way back so that my back was resting against the raised part of the bed. She lifted up my shirt to fully expose my stomach before squirting a blue, gel substance on it. I shivered at the cool temperature as she spread it all over. She looked behind her, turning to Nicholas. “Are you the father?” She asked. His face went pale and he choked on his own spit.

He mustered a shake of his head, so Dr. Granger turned to Asher. He looked disgusted.

“No, she’s my sister.” He replied, almost laughing.

“Oh, so the father didn’t want to come?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well.. a nice, long chapter, huh? And HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS! 9 recs?! You're making me want to fly. And thanks sooo much to everyone commenting! I'm LOVING it. Seriously. And why is this story getting so popular all of a sudden?

Song of the day:
The Maine - Misery
I CANNOT STOP LISTENING TO THIS SONG!

~Kylie <3