Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 47

“Where in the world are we going?” I groaned, tearing my gaze from the window to study Gavin.

“It’s a surprise.” He replied. “Calm down.” I noticed a smile pulling at his lips as he concentrated on the road ahead of us. It was tiny, like he was trying to conceal how much he was enjoying my torture. I rested my head against the window, crossing my arms. Trees and grass flew by, whirring into a blur of green and brown. There was no one on the road behind or in front of us that I could see. I got an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

Alone with a man. One who shared the same genes as the man who stole my innocence. Gavin was definitely stronger, not to mention the fact that he had control of the car. He could be taking me to a place out in the middle of nowhere, where no one could hear me scream. But would he?

I squashed those thoughts. I trusted Gavin; I had no reason not to. And while his brother did do unspeakable things to me, and my body, Gideon wasn’t exactly a bad person. He was just a person who was scared of who he really was, so he tried to force change on himself. Sure, he could’ve done it another way, but I had no anger left in me.

“Cheer up, Fi-Fi. We’re almost there.” Gavin said, shattering my thoughts.

“Please don’t call me Fi-Fi.” I responded, involuntarily grimacing.

“Why not?” He pretend pouted. I took a deep breath, trying to smile at him.

“My dad used to call me that.” I said. “I don’t like to think about it, especially when I’m happy.”

“Oh.” He said, smile falling away. His eyes flicked to me, probably to see the look on my face after having said something so mood-killing. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it.” I shrugged. “You didn’t know.”

My mood hadn’t been completely murdered, but I wasn’t really in the mood for a surprise anymore. I just felt tired, more so lately than ever. A sigh escaped my lips as I leaned my head against the window, eyes falling shut. I could really understand why parents had to take their babies for car rides in the middle of the night; it was so calming. Would Gavin and I have to do that?

A light smile spread across my lips as I imagined my self with a bundle of blanketed baby in my arms and Gavin beside me, pajamas still on and hair a mess. I’d probably have my hair in a bun and my glasses on, dark circles cradling my eyes. Was that what I had to look for? I was oddly excited for it.

“We’re here.” Gavin said softly, placing a hand on my knee to get my attention. I opened my eyes and peered out the window.

We were in pulling over, and at least the road was cemented, and all I could see was open space and green, green grass. I looked back over at Gavin to find him grinning at me.

“What is this?” I asked, eyebrows scrunching together as I looked between Gavin and outside.

“This is our first date.”

“Wasn’t our first date the Spring Formal?” I asked, but he was already out the door before I finished the question. He sprinted around the car and opened my door. I unbuckled myself as he did so.

“Milady.” He smirked, hand sweeping out over the open space.

“What a gentleman.” I smiled, taking the hand he offered me. He helped me out of the car and closed the door after me. He popped the trunk open with his key fob and produced a basket and a tall bottle with a long neck. I could’ve swore it was white wine, be explained to me that it was just sparkling apple juice before I could remind him how pregnant I was.

“Let’s go have ourselves a picnic.” He smiled, grabbing my hand in his free one. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for just a moment, telling myself that I’d always remember how his hand felt enclosed around mine for the times we were away from each other.

“You’re so sweet.” I mumbled.

He set the basket and bottle down, opening the basket to reveal a dark blanket. He took it out and released my hand to spread it. I tugged on the end opposite him, pulling it straight. I sat down on it, grinning to myself.

“I wish I could say that I cooked everything, but I can’t lie to you like that.” Gavin smiled. “Our cooked all of it. But in my defense, I did come up with the idea.”

“Well it smells delicious.” I replied, reaching for the basket. He pulled it away quickly.

“Not yet.” He smiled. “There’s something special in there.”

“I’m hungry.” I groaned.

"Eating for two. I think I forget sometimes. Our fist date and we've already got a child on the way." Gavin joked with a grin. I knew he meant well in saying that, but it got me thinking. Before I knew it..

"You're right. We're moving too fast." I blurted.

"We're just different." Gavin shrugged.

"No. This isn't what I want." I stated. Looking up from the fraying blanket, I found Gavin now frowning.

"Fiona, you make my heart race every time I see you. My palms get sweaty when we kiss and my heart tells me you're the one."

"I'm your first love, aren't I?" I asked, thinking back to all the girls he serial dated and a lot more. He probably never felt like this, and although it was sweet for him to just jump right into love with me, it wasn't what I wanted for him. For him to just be trapped with a baby he shouldn't even be responsible for and a girl he barely knew.

"Yeah." He admitted, twirling a few strands of the blanket around his fingers, not looking at me. I watched his slim fingers unravel a section.

"Date someone else and then come back to me. If you still love me in a year, and raising a baby is still appealing, then I'd love to have your help and love."

"Fiona, I know this is what I want." He slammed his fist into the blanket covered grass.

"Prove to me how much you love me by doing this for me."

"This is just the hormones talking." He dismissed. "Just enjoy today with me."

"Go back to Julia. Or any other girl in the school. They all want you." I persisted. I didn't mean to ruin our first date, but I definitely found the best way to do it.

"So, you're breaking up with me?"

"Only for a year. And I'm only doing it because I love you."

Gavin stood up angrily and stormed off, back to the car. He got in and slammed the door, leaving me to myself. Out if curiosity, I opened up the basket. Nestled inside was a black, velvet box. My heart stopped, but I found myself reaching for it. My hand closed around the soft fabric and I opened the box with a snapping sound. To my relief it wasn't a wedding ring. It was a plain silver band with the word 'promise' scrawled in italics.

A promise ring?

"Definitely too fast." I mumbled to myself.

I heard Gavin's car roar to life and my eyes flew up from the box in my hand to watch him speed away. I snapped it shut and tossed it angrily back into the basket. Then I grabbed my phone as a million emotions washed over me. Sadness was the one that stuck, causing tears to stream from my eyes as I dialed Asher's number. A sob escaped when he picked up.

"Fiona, where are you? Are you okay?" He asked urgently.

“Gavin.” I sobbed. “I broke up with him and…,” I couldn’t finish the sentence. I thought I was doing the right thing. But why did it feel so crappy?
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this is awkward. It's been a while. I know you guys probably hate me for the wait AND the chapter. But yeah. It happened.. I had some personal stuff, some school stuff. Please comment and all that good stuff if you feel I deserve it.

~Kylie <3