Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 48

I had to go back to the road until I found a street name to tell Asher, since I had no idea where I was. I left Gavin's picnic basket behind because it felt like the remnants of our relationship. It was petty, I know, but if Gavin wanted it, he could come back and get it. And I knew he was angry and hurt, but he shouldn't have left me. I wanted to rationalize his actions, but of course I couldn’t.

I was pregnant and emotional and I just wanted Gavin to hold me again, but more so I wanted the best for both of us. If we had jumped straight into our relationship like that, after 6 months of knowing one another, I was afraid marriage was soon to follow. I wanted to know he was the one, and while I loved him, I wasn't quite sure he was. I was so wrapped up in this whole thing when I told him he could be the father. It was like I’d just hopped on the train, not caring where it was headed.

I heard the rumbling sound of Asher's old truck that we had flown out to us, somehow. He left it running as he flung the car door open and made his way to me. Landon also emerged from the car, a sympathetic smile on his face.

"Come on, we're taking you for a sundae." Asher stated, offering a hand. It was so hard for me to get up these days.

I took one of Asher's hands and one of Landon's, allowing them to hoist me up. They did it with such ease, it almost made me feel better.

"It's the ultimate comfort food." Landon chimed in as we walked back the car.

Asher climbed back into the front of the vehicle and Landon got in the back with me. He sat on the far left and I scooted over to him when he patted his legs, offering me a pillow. I laid in the fetal position as he ran his fingers through my hair.

“So soft.” He murmured, sounding a but jealous.

“Pregnancy has it’s perks.” I laughed, blinking a few more tears out.

“To be a woman…,” he sighed longingly, jokingly.

A light smile crossed my face and I snuggled in more. I could tell by the silence the boys left that they were giving me space to talk, but I didn’t really want it. I inhaled deeply when I felt the baby kick; it took me by surprise. Landon looked concerned and withdrew his hand from my hair, much to my discontent.

“It kicked.” I explained, grabbing his hand and pulling it down to rest on my stomach where I was being assaulted. And just like everyone else, his face filled with wonder and amusement.

“Asher, have you felt this?” He asked, eyes wide and tone amazed.

“Only about a million times.” Asher chuckled. “Pretty cool, huh?”

“Duh!” He replied, eyes going back to his hand.

I was jealous of Asher and Landon. Their relationship was different, like Gavin’s and mine, but not quite as much as ours. I felt like we were in a race against time, like I had to figure out if Gavin was the right guy for me before the baby was born. Because what if he wasn’t? What if we were together for a few years, but then we broke up? This poor baby already would never know his real father, which, although a good thing, I imagined would be quite scarring, and I didn’t want any more heartbreak for this baby.

I was also definitely in a unique situation in the fact that, while it wasn’t his baby, he was still tied to it genetically. I knew the entire Reid family would love the baby, so obviously they’d be in it’s life, but who wants to have two separate families?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. I'm honestly really sorry that it's been so long. You are amazing if you waited it out! I love you guys <3

Song of the day:
A Rocket to the Moon - When I'm Gone
Such a cute song.

Have a beautiful day.
~Kylie