Status: It's done, guys! <3

Accidents Happen

Chapter 49

“So?” Asher asked, eyebrow arched. My spoon was poised in front of my open mouth. I withdrew my hand and snapped my mouth shut, taking a deep breath through my nose.

“You’re not even going to let me finish my ice cream?” I complained. He shook his head ‘no’. I took a second to organize the words in my head. “I needed some space from Gavin. All I asked for was a year before we jumped into all of this commitment stuff. But he didn’t like that idea.”

“You know guys like Gavin are hard to find.” Asher commented, spooning in a glob of whipped cream.

“It’s not like I broke up with him because I fell out of love. I was just trying to undo everything I promised Gavin when I first fell for him and ensure that we knew each other well enough to make big decisions like raising a baby together.” I explained. “I don’t want to be tied down to my high school sweetheart if I’m not even ready to be tied down. And I care about him so much, I want him to be sure, too, before he makes that commitment to me. I was giving him a chance to escape.”

“It doesn’t sound like he wanted to escape.” Landon chimed in, patting my knee comfortingly. “And I hate to say this, but it sounds like he has your best interests in mind. I’m assuming that you guys haven’t… you know. Especially in your condition and with your circumstances. That takes commitment on his part; he’s a teenage boy.”

That set off a bunch of new thoughts in my brain. He had given up a life of partying and girls. And for what? A pregnant girl having his brother’s baby, that’s what. A girl who had deeply rooted issues, which had grown since they’d met. A girl who wouldn’t be able to be spontaneous and young and who would take him down with her.

“What are you saying?” I asked.

“I’m saying go back to him!” Landon exclaimed with a smile. “I think that you just don’t believe you deserve a guy like him. But you do.”

Asher agreed with a nod, shoveling more ice cream in his mouth. My thoughts started to break down, all of my former beliefs starting to fade away. Maybe Asher and Landon were right. Every time something good happened, I had the urge to just bolt. I would be spontaneous and young and learn from this if it turned out to be a mistake, but I would trust him in case this turned out the be the best decision of my life.

Empowered, I stood up, causing Asher and Landon to give me weird looks.

“I have the keys.” Asher pointed out. I sat down, embarrassed, and started on my ice cream.

***

“I feel like such an idiot.” I mumbled into the mirror, shaking my head. “I blame it on the hormones,” I tried, sounding confident. But I couldn’t lie like that. “Please take me-,”

I was cut off by the sound of a doorbell. My heart stopped; I only knew one person who could be visiting right now. Landon was already here and Luna Mae and Nicholas were having a date night. So, of course, that only left one person. That one certain person I wasn’t ready to see yet.

I swallowed hard, grabbing the bouquet of flowers from my bed, which I now happened to be regretting. I smoothed out my elastic-waisted jeans, which made me feel a little silly, and made my way down the stairs. My heart was beating like crazy in anticipation as I opened the door.

There he stood, perfectly, in all his glory. His captivating green eyes were vibrantly shining and I felt a little better just seeing that. I noticed his hands were hidden behind his back like mine and my eyes came back to his in wonder. Gavin smiled, offering me a bouquet of roses and I did the same. We shared a chuckle, immediately breaking the ice without even saying a word.
We discarded the flowers and I pulled him into the house, shutting the door behind him while trying to bring him as close to me as I could. He smelled like outside, I noticed, and I breathed it all in.

“I’m sorry.” We apologized at the same time. I looked up at him and just smiled.

“Aw, Asher, look how cute they are.” Landon said, seeming to come out of nowhere. I looked toward the staircase to find my brother and his boyfriend beaming at the two of us. That is, until Asher stepped forward and his face became solemn. He placed a hand on Gavin’s shoulder and I stepped away, taking Asher’s place next to Landon. We both watched curiously.

“My sister likes you a lot and so does my boyfriend. But if you ever leave Fiona stranded like that again, I’m going dip you in an acid bath and then pour salt all over your bubbling skin to ensure that it hurts like a bitch.” Asher said, eyes squinting in an intimidating manor. Gavin gulped.

“I’m really sorry about that. I wasn’t thinking.” He replied.

Asher hand left Gavin’s shoulder and hovered a bit, making me think he was about to slap him. But as soon as I went to step forward, Asher simply mussed his hair with a grin.

“You’re lucky I look out for my sister.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The story is almost over! I hope you guys have all enjoyed it immensely. I know I've enjoyed writing it. I don't really know if my writing is so worthy of all of your love, but I love your love. So. Have a good one :3

~Kylie